Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.

EFL sanctions against clubs

is there anywhere where this is clearly laid out? 

In recent years, what sanctions / punishments have been taken against which clubs and for what reason?

keen to see some indicators of where we might be heading

Comments

• Bury went over a season, including the summer break, without passing the fit and proper test and got no sanctions.

Only when they didn't pay wages IIRC did the finally EFL step in.

I personally think the rule should be you can't start a new season without meeting all the tests but it's not, or at least wasn't, the rule last summer.

Macclesfield also got points docked for not fulfilling fixtures

• edited July 2020
    https://en.m.wikipedia.org/wiki/Administration_(British_football)

But this is only for administration and associated events, including Bury's CVA.

Edit this appears more conclusive

http://www.footballsite.co.uk/DYK/DYK29-PointsDeductions.htm 
  • edited July 2020
    Bury went over a season, including the summer break, without passing the fit and proper test and got no sanctions.

I personally think the rule should be you can't start a new season without meeting all the tests but it's not, or at least wasn't, the rule last summer.

Bury entered a CVA to avoid administration, but it's the same thing under the EFL rules.  However they refused to pass the details to the EFL and that's what caused their eventual expulsion. 
  • Bury went over a season, including the summer break, without passing the fit and proper test and got no sanctions.

I agree. But this doesn't help if a group 'takeover' on November 29th say.