Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.
Options

what's going on at crystal palace ?

only two players in (jeff hughes from lincoln and tony craig from millwall) and eight players out...aren't they even going to try and make a go of it this season ?...its bad enough for us old timers that millwall have disappeared off the map...who we going to laugh at if palace go the same way ?

Comments

• Options
    Two in so far and I would think probably know more than another two to follow. PT has now sorted out the problem with left side by bringing in Hughes and Craig. The squad was far to big last season and losing 8 players is no real problem as we also have some outstanding youngsters in spence, bostock, moses, wiggins and Grabban.

PT inherited a fair few problems from Dowie (you know all about that) and from Christmas onwards we actually peformed very well.

I expect that we will try and bring in a another forward and a centre half....if he does that I'm confident we will have a good season.

Anyway whats going on at the valley...Chris Iwelumo...has had one good season in his career! And I thought Kuqi was poor!
  • Options
    Jordan's skint
  • Options
    Iwelumo has had two good seasons and most importantly there were the last two seasons. He's also been promoted with Stoke and Brighton. And the big difference from Kuqi is we didn't pay £2.5m for him. (we wasted our money on other players ;-( )

Palace did have a decent 2nd half of the season but they didn't get many points of the top teams in that time.

We shall see how we do. I've got a feeling that we are getting back to having players with a Stevie Brown type of attitude rather than the Danny Murphy types.
  • Options
    [cite]Posted By: PeanutsMolloy[/cite]Jordan's skint

No, they sponsor Brighton. If Jordan owned Skint then he won't let them do that. ;- )
  • Options
    Can't see Palace making the play offs, which will cost Taylor his job.

They do have some highly rated youngsters coming through, but it might be a season too early for them to have an impact.
  • Options
    Anyway whats going on at the valley...Chris Iwelumo...has had one good season in his career! And I thought Kuqi was poor!

He was a free transfer and I hear his wages aren't high. If he ends up being a bench player or a fixture in the reserves it won't be a financial disaster and he should at the very least provide good back up. In my opinion this is good business by Pardew, if he can score goals in an average Colchester side he should do it in a better team and bear in mind that he played under Phil Parkinson at Colchester, I assume that Pards and Parky know a bit about his strengths and weaknesses rather than are just buying a player who scored a few goals last year.
  • Options
    edited July 2007
    [cite]Posted By: Henry Irving[/cite]Iwelumo has had two good seasons and most importantly there were the last two seasons. He's also been promoted with Stoke and Brighton. And the big difference from Kuqi is we didn't pay £2.5m for him. (we wasted our money on other players ;-( )

Palace did have a decent 2nd half of the season but they didn't get many points of the top teams in that time.

We shall see how we do. I've got a feeling that we are getting back to having players with a Stevie Brown type of attitude rather than the Danny Murphy types.

Kuqi only costs 2.5 million if all elements of his contract are achieved.....and believe me that is not likely! In the second half of the season we turned over colchester, Derby, Preston, WBA, and also took points at Sunderland, Southampton and Wolves.

Not brilliant I grant you, but a very good base to build from and I believe Taylor is doing that......I'll find out at St Marys on the 11th of August.

Have you signed Mullins yet?
  • Options
    edited July 2007
    Do I smell a possible wager here?
  • Options
    Cash flow is hitting them hard once again. I hear that the players will no longer be provided with breakfast at their training ground.
    This is sound business practice by the orange one, as all that money saved, has enabled him to splash out on those high profile signings this summer.
  • Options
    edited July 2007
    How can a bloke be expected to play without a full english breakfast to set him up, next you'll be saying they no longer have a light ale at half time as a pick me up ?...no wonder players today have no stamina...time was we used to be at a party until 4am, have a few hours kip, throw up and still go out and play a game of football...ok, i have to admit i never went the full hog and had a couple of cigarettes to demonstrate that i had the shakes but that's only because i dont smoke...
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    edited July 2007
    £20 SOS that Charlton finish above Palace. You pay Demelza House (CAFC chosen charity), I'll pay the Geoff Thomas Cancer Charity
  • Options
    edited July 2007
    I'll shake on that! And as I only live 10 minutes from Demelza I could drop the money up for xmas ;-)
  • Options
    if you want to pay the bet up early then be our guest!!
  • Options
    edited July 2007
    Do you think it will all be over by Xmas (where have I heard that before) ;- ) Consider this a virtual handshake.
  • Options
    Watch out for anything virtual Henry does SoS.
  • Options
    [cite]Posted By: Addickted[/cite]Watch out for anything virtual Henry does SoS.

Oi! Addickted - who's side are you on?
  • Options
    Now you know I have a 'special relationship' with our stripey friends.

Mind you SoS is much friendlier here.
  • Options
    [cite]Posted By: Addickted[/cite]Now you know I have a 'special relationship' with our stripey friends.

Mind you SoS is much friendlier here.

I think you spend more time on their board than this one. :- (
  • Options
    [cite]Posted By: Henry Irving[/cite]
    [cite]Posted By: Addickted[/cite]Watch out for anything virtual Henry does SoS.

Oi! Addickted - who's side are you on?

yeah Addickted, dont forget he virtually got us bottled beer at the valley last season...
  • Options
    [cite]Posted By: son of selhurst[/cite]I'll shake on that! And as I only live 10 minutes from Demelza I could drop the money up for xmas ;-)

Looking a good bet at the moment but chickens and counting etc
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    Interesting reading what we were thinking back in the summer. Must be few other threads like this.
  • Options
    i see in tonight's standard that warnock reckons he will assess the situation in a few months and will be surprised if they are where they are now...one place lower is my guess...
  • Options
    [cite]Posted By: AFKA Bartram[/cite]Can't see Palace making the play offs, which will cost Taylor his job.

They do have some highly rated youngsters coming through, but it might be a season too early for them to have an impact.

what do i know eh ??? :-)
  • Options
    [cite]Posted By: Henry Irving[/cite]Iwelumo has had two good seasons and most importantly there were the last two seasons.

I've got a feeling that we are getting back to having players with a Stevie Brown type of attitude rather than the Danny Murphy types.

What rubbish! : - )