Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.
Options

Sam Field promoted and relegated on the same night?

Can't happen that often?

Comments

• Options
    One that I would like to have seen us keep 

- if we had the money
    - if we were allowed to sign players by the EFL
    - if we knew who our owners were
    - if we had a long term plan that didn’t involve crooks and or administration 
    - if we had Bows at the wheel

What the hell is going on at our club 

• Options
    Tidy player. Great attitude. Would like to keep. No chance we can though. Wish him well.
  • Options
    Pretty average to be honest, maybe harsh but overrated by a lot on here because he’s surrounded by shite
  • Options
    Would have liked to have loaned him and Leko again next season
  • Options
    Pretty average to be honest, maybe harsh but overrated by a lot on here because he’s surrounded by shite
    My thoughts too.
  • Options
    However has a great attitude. Also a nice lad wish him well.
  • Options

- if we had the money

If WBA would sell him.... 
  • Options
    Cafc43v3r said:

- if we had the money

more chance of that than all of our problems being sorted ! 
  • Options
    Cafc43v3r said:

- if we had the money

I put this in the player marks, the millwall game I think. 

If you ask any Charlton fan "who was better Field or Cullen" 90+% would say Cullen but I would happily wager that Field plays many more top flight games.  He needs 1 more championship season, maybe 2 if WBA come straight back down, but he will play in the top flight for years. 
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    A bit harsh, though I admit Leeds performance was a bit of an eyeopener when you saw the way their midfield played
  • Options
    Darren Ward was the same for us in 2009 when Wolves went up .
  • Options
    Cafc43v3r said:
    Cafc43v3r said:

- if we had the money

If you ask any Charlton fan "who was better Field or Cullen" 90+% would say Cullen but I would happily wager that Field plays many more top flight games.  He needs 1 more championship season, maybe 2 if WBA come straight back down, but he will play in the top flight for years. 
    Agree 100% with this , injuries permitting 
  • Options
    edited July 2020
    Cafc43v3r said:
    Cafc43v3r said:

- if we had the money

TBF Field is 2 years younger and has already played 18 more top flight games than Cullen 

But Cullen has been a consistent performer of 2 seasons players over 65 league games in that time for us 

Field looked good when he played but only managed 17 games due to injury this season.

So if someone said now you could have 1 of them back next season which would it be, I would pick Cullen easily 
  • Options
    Not impressed by Field at all. Much preferred Pratley in the team. 
    Field still has much to learn. 
  • Options
    Lacks pace.....can't head the ball. He broke up play and got stuck in. Championship or L1 player IMO
  • Options
    Looked good at times, seems to be a bit injury prone though 
  • Options
    Certainly won’t be getting any games for West Brom in the PL. I’d take him in League One, not sure about the Championship.
  • Options
    I don’t think we saw the best of him. Needs a long run of games and to play in a more settled team with proper attacking threats in midfield and up front. Can see enough potential to at least be a good reliable Championship player.
  • Options
    Cafc43v3r said:
    Cafc43v3r said:

- if we had the money

TBF Field is 2 years younger and has already played 18 more top flight games than Cullen 

But Cullen has been a consistent performer of 2 seasons players over 65 league games in that time for us 

Field looked good when he played but only managed 17 games due to injury this season.

So if someone said now you could have 1 of them back next season which would it be, I would pick Cullen easily 
    I would take Cullen over Field for next season.

I would take Jamie Vardy over Mason Greenwood for next season as well.

I am don't think Field is a better player today than Cullen I just think he will, when looked back apon, have more successful career. 
  • Sponsored links:

• Options

Queens Park Rangers have signed midfielder Sam Field from West Bromwich Albion for an undisclosed fee.

Field, 23, joins on a permanent basis having spent the second half of the season on loan in west London, where he scored one goal in 19 appearances.

He has agreed a three-year contract with Rangers, who have an option to extend the deal by a further 12 months.

https://www.bbc.co.uk/sport/football/57189044

• Options
    I thought he was great and would’ve loved to sign him permanently. QPR have done very well there. 
  • Options
    Great signing for QPR.  Real shame we never got to see him fully fit and more of him in the team. He is the sort of player who makes a real difference.
  • Options
    Championship seems his level, if QPR can sign Austin permanently they'll have a decent season as they've been very good in recent months
  • Options
    Sam Field is a Championship standard defensive midfielder, unfortunately another player who had too many injuries while at the Valley so we only saw glimpses of his talent. Loved a tackle and block, and a tidy short passer.
  • Options
    Good player I thought. Would have liked to have seen more of him.