Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.
Options

Paul Elliott statement

Comments

• Options
    edited July 2020
    AndyG said:
    While it is fully understandable that no one trusts anyone at the moment,the fact is we have no  alternatives.So before we slaughter Elliott,let us give it a little bit of time,there will be a turnover in playing staff very soon,see who comes and goes,judge at the outcome.

I Agree. Someone is putting money into the club to keep it going. Might not be PE but if not he is fronting for someone who is obviously funding wages etc. I do think there are things going on behind the scenes that may suprise us all
    I totally agree,someone has put best part of 1.5m in in the last 3 months,now if you are up to something dodgy that is going to take some getting back,with no income,no season ticket sales to speak of and maybe 2-3 more months without gate money,and less tv money in league 1.
    player sales, sell-on clauses being activated (likely £2.6m from Grant alone), EFL payments.
    Confusion is who gets those you mention above as no idea who legally owns the club. 

Probably not possible, but I wonder if it can be arranged for any money coming in to go to a secure account - similar to the deposit scheme set up for those renting house/flat where money is safely held - where it can only be used to pay for day to day, such as salary for staff. 
  • Options
    Not one mention of Orvil!

He'd be nothing without that little green bird.

Or Cuddles come to thing of it
  • Options
    "I put money in"

Now that's an interesting claim.

So are you a part owner, a lawyer or a creditor?

You put money into a business you admit you don't own?
    Did Lee confirm PE put money in on Talksport yesterday?
  • Options
    If he hasn't passed the source of funds test should he be openly saying HE put funds in?  Isn't that "illegal"?

I assume not because he obviously has a lawyer working on all of this. 
  • Options
    AndyG said:
    While it is fully understandable that no one trusts anyone at the moment,the fact is we have no  alternatives.So before we slaughter Elliott,let us give it a little bit of time,there will be a turnover in playing staff very soon,see who comes and goes,judge at the outcome.

I Agree. Someone is putting money into the club to keep it going. Might not be PE but if not he is fronting for someone who is obviously funding wages etc. I do think there are things going on behind the scenes that may suprise us all
    I totally agree,someone has put best part of 1.5m in in the last 3 months,now if you are up to something dodgy that is going to take some getting back,with no income,no season ticket sales to speak of and maybe 2-3 more months without gate money,and less tv money in league 1.
    player sales, sell-on clauses being activated (likely £2.6m from Grant alone), EFL payments.
    Confusion is who gets those you mention above as no idea who legally owns the club. 

Probably not possible, but I wonder if it can be arranged for any money coming in to go to a secure account - similar to the deposit scheme set up for those renting house/flat where money is safely held - where it can only be used to pay for day to day, such as salary for staff. 
    it was mentioned that the Fosu sell-on fee received in January went somewhere.
  • Options
    Trust nothing they say.
    They failed the test first time round and told nobody. Wouldn't be surprised if they have already been told they've failed again.

We'll hear about it around transfer deadline day
  • Options
    Bullshit statement that’s not worth a wank.
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    Our immediate plan is to support Lee Bowyer, Steve Gallen and the footballing staff in putting a squad in place that gives us the best opportunity for an immediate return to the Championship.

Bowyer said he wanted to sit down with Elliott and talk about the future.

Does the above statement suggest that that's already happened? 
  • Options
    "I put money in"

It was probably 1p.
  • Options
    AndyG said:

Season ticket income.....
  • Options
    bobmunro said:
    "I put money in"

I'm sure he has put money in, someone has. But what's equally sure is that any money Elliot may have put in aint his!
    With a huge amount of interest attached & signed off on behalf of the club so when we do get responsible owners they will be hit for s very large bill.
  • Options
    bobmunro said:
    "I put money in"

I'm sure he has put money in, someone has. But what's equally sure is that any money Elliot may have put in aint his!
    Then why say it. Why start lying when you dont need to.

I'm going to go against the grain & say he might, just might, be kosher. Otherwise why say anything about it. Makes you look stupid if/when you sell on. 

Then again, I did come on to say that the best bit of the statement for me is the......

" we are still waiting clearance from the EFL" 

Well, why not fucking ask them whst the delay is then and then tell us what they have said in reply. Or does he think the EFL are still sitting there mulling over the bank statement he sent in 5 weeks ago.
  • Options
    I believe the embargo allows us to spend as long as it doesn't exceed last years budget /wage which during covid might be an advantage to us. 

then why did Bowyer say he's not in a position to be able to offer contracts to any of the senior players?
    I'm guessing Bowyer wasn't clear.
    It's not that we can't renew senior player contracts.
    It's possibly that we can't exceed the existing budget.
    As the senior players have the biggest contracts, we would likely have to offer the same or less, which effectively means the players won't sign again.
  • Options
    Word soup
  • Options
    Our immediate plan is to support Lee Bowyer, Steve Gallen and the footballing staff in putting a squad in place that gives us the best opportunity for an immediate return to the Championship.

Might be making it up but I thought Bowyer was speaking with Elliott yesterday
  • Options
    bobmunro said:
    "I put money in"

Then why say it. Why start lying when you dont need to.

I'm going to go against the grain & say he might, just might, be kosher. Otherwise why say anything about it. Makes you look stupid if/when you sell on. 

Then again, I did come on to say that the best bit of the statement for me is the......

" we are still waiting clearance from the EFL" 

Well, why not fucking ask them whst the delay is then and then tell us what they have said in reply. Or does he think the EFL are still sitting there mulling over the bank statement he sent in 5 weeks ago.
    Because I'm sure part of his plea to the EFL is that he's put money in so far so he's fine to continue. I doubt he cares what he looks like when he sells. If he cared about his reputation then this lot are about the worst people he could've chosen.
  • Sponsored links:

• Options

Might be making it up but I thought Bowyer was speaking with Elliott yesterday
    I thought Bowyer said on his talk sport chat that he was meeting Elliott yesterday afternoon,perhaps this statement is a result of that meeting.I know I am continually clutching at straws,but dear oh dear need something to cling on to.
  • Options
    edited July 2020
    If that is the case, still don't understand how these people expect to get a return on their investement (eg the money he's supposedly put in to cover costs), when everyone and his dog knows he only owns the Club, which was only originally bought for £1 when it was seperated for the assets only 7 months ago, and all that has happened in that time is relegation, embargos and a shit load of dough stolen. 
    He doesn't even own the club yet remember. The sale's conditional on passing the EFL tests.
  • Options
    Comment to CAST Committee

I don’t see any value in giving this guy the benefit of the doubt with his latest promises. Why after so many weeks have the EFL not signed off on Elliott and his so called consortium? He may be paying the monthly bills but clearly he is struggling to convince the EFL there are funds to cover the next 2 years or so.

The EFL can continue to hide behind confidentiality but if Elliott (and Farrell) want to be fully transparent (and clearly they don’t) they should tell supporters why the EFL delay continues. I would continue to push Elliott with an open letter with copy to Rick Parry, then share it around with the press. CAST have no current, or in my opinion, likely future relationship with Elliott to damage.

Please keep pushing on our behalf.

• Options
    I believe the embargo allows us to spend as long as it doesn't exceed last years budget /wage which during covid might be an advantage to us. 
    That doesn't appear to be the case anymore.
  • Options
    Swisdom said:
    Radical thought - how about we give PE the benefit of the doubt for now.  It's not as though we are swimming in options right now.

Everyone is slagging him off for not saying anything - it seems there is something going on that he cannot yet speak about.  He gives a few tidbits and everyone is slagging him off.

Right now we need the EFL to sort their shit out - absolutely critical.  And then we need to start looking at next season - the management, the squad etc.  If someone doesn't want to be in League 1 then so be it - goodbye and thanks.  But we don't have time to dwell.

I know several people who have met PE now and nobody had a bad word to say.  I quote "he came in to the office and stopped at everyone's desk, spoke to them and asked how they were and what their role at the club is.  He seems a genuine nice bloke."  In comparison the same person said of Southall "He would march in, ignore everyone and demand a cup of tea".  

I dare say I'll get grief from the usual suspects on here and get labelled an apologist once again (like when I said of Roland "it may be better the devil you know") but so be it.  Sometimes there is so much misinformation spread it distorts peoples views of what is really happening.

I regard the statement as a step in the right direction but now is the time for actions and not just fluffy words

I totally get where you are coming from & agree to a point. I can only assume that he is either telling the truth.......or has a brass neck & very thick skin.

• Options
    Swisdom said:
    Radical thought - how about we give PE the benefit of the doubt for now.  It's not as though we are swimming in options right now.

Everyone is slagging him off for not saying anything - it seems there is something going on that he cannot yet speak about.  He gives a few tidbits and everyone is slagging him off.

Right now we need the EFL to sort their shit out - absolutely critical.  And then we need to start looking at next season - the management, the squad etc.  If someone doesn't want to be in League 1 then so be it - goodbye and thanks.  But we don't have time to dwell.

I know several people who have met PE now and nobody had a bad word to say.  I quote "he came in to the office and stopped at everyone's desk, spoke to them and asked how they were and what their role at the club is.  He seems a genuine nice bloke."  In comparison the same person said of Southall "He would march in, ignore everyone and demand a cup of tea".  

I dare say I'll get grief from the usual suspects on here and get labelled an apologist once again (like when I said of Roland "it may be better the devil you know") but so be it.  Sometimes there is so much misinformation spread it distorts peoples views of what is really happening.

I regard the statement as a step in the right direction but now is the time for actions and not just fluffy words

I'm as pessimistic as the next person after all the shite but I have to agree with the above and say give the bloke time. It seems he has had a meeting with LB. No resignation statement yet from LB. Why ? If he thought it was just a load of bollocks I'm sure he would have walked by now. Maybe PE is just fronting someone ? Question is who ? As I keep saying someone has put £1.5m in recently to keep admin at bay with from what I can see little chance on getting it back. 
  • Options
    What if you don't get EFL approval Paul?
    Do you provide money for the bills for the next ten years?
    He and his people intend to milk the club it looks like, using the EFL thing as a shield.