Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.
Options

West Brom

edited July 2007 in General Charlton
having raked in 6m for Kamara and now 5.3m for Koumas I'm undecided if they are going to be a force to be reckoned with or whether, without their best two players and possibly Davies, they are going to find it more difficult. They may have money to spend but they will find it hard to attract PL players to the CCC and is there much quality available elsewhere in the CCC.

Comments

• Options
    They can have M Bent, Rommadhal and Diawara for £11.3m All premiership quality, honest Guv.
  • Options
    i don't think they have tons to spend as they've been spending quite a bit to get promoted and are now having to budget more realistically. they'll still be one of a few teams who'll be knocking around the upper end of the table though.
  • Options
    All depends how they spend the cash. But I doubt West Brom will attract players of that quality, and they finished 4th last year. You can bet Gera and Ellington will go as well leaving them with ???

I think they'll be mid table next year.
  • Options
    I'd have to agree with that Large I personally rate Koumas very highly and would much rather have the two of them (Kamara too) in the side than have the money I think. They'll still be a good side but not the force i feared they would be. I believe to win the CCC you need at least 3 players in your side of genuine Premiership class. Like you quoted Koumas, Kamara and Davies were West Brom's 3 for me. Looking at ourselves i'd say Thomas, Reid and Young, with possibly Weaver, Diawara and Todorov.
  • Options
    WBA seem to be awash with cash - don't forget they also have a fat wedge of 2nd year parachute payment to come.

It might seem difficult for them to attract established Prem players but there's nothing stopping them operating a system like Fat Sam did at Bolton - pay big wages to out of contract Prem & Euro leagues' players.

That way they could attract 'quality' mercenaries. Many players would be happy to sign for Scunthorpe if you paid them top wages.
  • Options
    Maybe Fowler will end up down there anytime soon?!
  • Options
    I can't believe how much they got for those two players - both of whom have played, and failed, in the Premiership in the past.
  • Options
    second year parachutes are about 3 mill arent they? and havnt they still got some shit higher wage earners still??
  • Options
    i think wolves will be up the top .
  • Options
    [cite]Posted By: RedArmySE7[/cite]Maybe Fowler will end up down there anytime soon?!

Another Hartson???
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    If they've got wads of money and can afford to pay good wages, surely they'll be looking for a new centre forward?

We've got a spare one they can have. Haven't we, Marcus?
  • Options
    Dunno about Wolves, they remind me a bit of Newcastle as every year I think they'll surely have a good year and they always fail. But they both could have good a good year this year granted new managers good signings etc....here i go again! Hopefully they prove me wrong as usual!
  • Options
    fancy wolves to get it right for once,still think were win the title in front of them.
  • Options
    Tell ya what £6 m for Kamara is daylight robbery
  • Options
    Wolves had a good season last year with spending almost zero they now have a backer with funds I think they may well go straight up and I think certain for top six. McCarthy knows how to get out of this division it is just he is clueless above.