Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.
Options

Letter from Chris Parkes

Comments

• Options
    edited August 2020
    When will the penny finally f******g drop for the likes of Parkes and Murray?

This club is facing extinction and these pricks are carrying on with their childish Vendettas.

Act your f*******g age you pair of twats!
  • Options
    Seems a very nice bloke whenever I have spoke to him. However, credibility is gone after that statement and today’s decision. Defending them in private conversation is fine. Putting your name on a statement and on to the club website for every Charlton fan to read will be difficult to come back from in many fans eyes.
    Did NO-ONE else see the winkey emoji at the bottom of Chris' letter !
  • Options
    We are on the outside looking in and he is on the inside looking out. 

Different perspective  especially when it’s your livelihood. 

Easy to criticise. 

A letter to staff is the decent thing to do. The fact it was shared elsewhere is quite different and possibly not his choice / suggestion it was used.  

He is not the enemy I am sure. Likely just an innocent foot soldier in reality. 

Baed on no knowledge beyond being a humble employee elsewhere where the bosses play their games and everyone else gets on with it. 

The bloke's 92 FFS.

Surely he could just retire?
  • Options
    Imagine destroying a reputation you spent 30  years building with one email. 
  • Options
    What would you do if those above you continually mugged you off?

• Options
    edited August 2020
    Addickted said:
    What would you do if those above you continually mugged you off?

Slowly poison them with Arsenic.
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    edited August 2020
    He is clearly best doing his job with 100% focus and not getting involved beyond that. He needs to tell his wife to back off too. They are not the problem here, but it doesn't help.  
  • Options
    I have no doubt Parkes only wants what is best for the club, but his inability to spot a dud is both astounding and quite dangerous.
    Coupled with him not telling his wife to button her lip.
    That said, I have no doubt he has done a wonderful job for Charlton over the years.
  • Options
    edited August 2020
    I have no doubt Parkes only wants what is best for the club, but his inability to spot a dud is both astounding and quite dangerous.
    It’s what plenty of Charlton fans do best 
  • Options
    I have no doubt Parkes only wants what is best for the club, but his inability to spot a dud is both astounding and quite dangerous.
    He just seems like a bit of a wally
  • Options
    T_C_E said:
    Says more about a spineless individual responsible for the day to day running of the club, throwing another employee under the bus.
    ?
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    T_C_E said:
    Says more about a spineless individual responsible for the day to day running of the club, throwing another employee under the bus.
    If you're talking about who I think you're talking about, then yes, you're absolutely right.  That individual has remained very quiet hasn't he?
    Has he uttered a word in his 6 years and 7 months at the club?
  • Options
    Wonder if Chris will be making a new statement..........

The little credibility Chris had has now gone.  Even if he was put up to it he shouldn't have let himself get in to that situation.

Totally agree. He needs to speak to the staff again and explain.
  • Options
    T_C_E said:
    If you're talking about who I think you're talking about, then yes, you're absolutely right.  That individual has remained very quiet hasn't he?
    Has he uttered a word in his 6 years and 7 months at the club?
    Only through his agent.......@Tom-of-se9
  • Options
    Bloody hell.....I hate this site sometimes. 
    Last week I got annoyed by not knowing or finding out where Taylors gaff in Kent is, now I'm going insane(r) wondering who is this spineless individual responsible for the day to say running of the Club !!!!!!

Angry of Murston. 

😉
  • Options
    Bloody hell.....I hate this site sometimes. 
    Last week I got annoyed by not knowing or finding out where Taylors gaff in Kent is, now I'm going insane(r) wondering who is this spineless individual responsible for the day to say running of the Club !!!!!!

Angry of Murston. 

😉
    Even I worked this one out👍
  • Options
    I have been fortunate enough to meet and do business with Chris when my company was a supplier to Charlton Athletic. I found him to be a total gentleman, Charlton through to his core and integrirty which you would expect to find in a man of his age and experience.

Those of you saying he should not have put out last weeks statement or he should have told so and so to shove it are way off the mark. None of us know what pressure he was under when the staement went out, in fact these owners could have written and released it and stuck his name and photo on it.

If he was consulted and reluctantly agreed to do it I am in the camp of assuuming it was not a true reflection of his thoughts and he was hoping that he gets the oppotunity to put the record straight once the scum have left the building.

There are hundreds, if not thousands of employee's up and down the country saying and doing things on behalf of their boss's that they do not agree with but have no choice if they wish to stay employed.

I suspect the statement was one such instance.  

Sorry, but this is nonsense (not the first bit, which I'm sure is absolutely true).

- He may have been under pressure to write it. If that's the case then he had a very easy way out. His role is not responsible (to the best of my knowledge) for internal comms. He could quite easily have said "not my job". .  There would have been no possible employer sanction against him for doing so.

- He may not have written it and someone could have put his name and photo on it. This is extremely unlikely for so many reasons, and would have real repercussions for whoever may have done so.

- He may have reluctantly agreed to allow it to go out on the basis he could put the record straight after. This is unlikely as the point above. Why would you set yourself up for a fall on the off chance that someone will listen to you at some point down the road. 

- He may have done it at the bidding of someone else to save his job (and that thousands of others would do the same). In Chris's defence, I think he has already demonstrated that he would act potentially against his own interest in the case of info provided to EFL which led to Southall "sacking" him.

Whatever the background to the writing of the "letter", the content and its publication is entirely the responsibility of Chris Parkes. 

• Options
    I have been fortunate enough to meet and do business with Chris when my company was a supplier to Charlton Athletic. I found him to be a total gentleman, Charlton through to his core and integrirty which you would expect to find in a man of his age and experience.

Those of you saying he should not have put out last weeks statement or he should have told so and so to shove it are way off the mark. None of us know what pressure he was under when the staement went out, in fact these owners could have written and released it and stuck his name and photo on it.

If he was consulted and reluctantly agreed to do it I am in the camp of assuuming it was not a true reflection of his thoughts and he was hoping that he gets the oppotunity to put the record straight once the scum have left the building.

There are hundreds, if not thousands of employee's up and down the country saying and doing things on behalf of their boss's that they do not agree with but have no choice if they wish to stay employed.

I suspect the statement was one such instance.  

Sorry but all that says is that you don’t know Chris. I’m not calling him out for anything other than his silly statement but it’s absolutely him. He clearly wrote it for staff and was thrown under the bus by Farnell and others, which is what you’d expect from them, but the statement is his all right.
    How has Farnell and Elliot even got access to the club communication platform ? I really wish someone in the know from inside the club would speak out