Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.
Options

Updated squad list - 6 August 2020

First Team
Goalkeepers 

Ben Amos 2021
Dillon Philips 2021

Right Backs
Centre Backs

Tom Lockyer 2021 (contract has option to leave on a free following relegation)
Deji Oshilaja 2021 
Jason Pearce 2021
Left Backs

Ben Purrington 2022 

Central Midfielders

Jake Forster-Caskey 2021
George Lapslie 2021
Albie Morgan 2023
Darren Pratley 2021
Attacking Midfielders/Wingers 

Chuks Aneke 2021
Alfie Doughty 2021
Erhun Oztumer 2021
Jonny Williams 2021

Strikers
Macauley Bonne 2022 
Josh Davison 2022 plus 1 year option

U23 Development Squad
Goalkeepers
Nathan Harness 2021
Nathan Harvey contract length not known
Ashley Maynard-Brewer 2021 
Joseph Osaghae 2021
Right Backs

Freddie Barton contract length not known

Centre Backs

Billy French contract length not known
Lucas Ness contract length not known
Jay Mingi 2021 
Luca Vega 2021

Left Backs

Kasim Aidoo contract length not known

Midfielders

Eddie Allsop contract length not known
Ben Dempsey 2021
Aaron Henry contract length not known
Johl Powell 2021 
Armando Quitirna Junior 2021 plus 1 year option
James Vennings 2021  
Brendan Wiredu 2021

Strikers

Richard Afrane-Kesey contract length not known
Wassim Aouacheria 2021 plus 1 year option
Charles Clayden 2021

Comments

• Options
    Reinforcements are really needed! lets hope we get some good news in some aspects today
  • Options
    Anyone ITK know if any of the development squad could potentially be making the step up this season? Saw bits of Wiredu, Dempsey and Vennings over the last year or so but not sure on the rest.
  • Options
    edited August 2020
    What happened to the goalkeeper that came over from USA that we were trying to sign?
  • Options
    has Matthews gone?
  • Options
    has Matthews gone?
    Yes. Well his contract has finished, so he's no longer our player

With the likes of Matthews and Sarr there is the possibility of them being like Williams last summer, who left but then returned a few weeks later, but pretty unlikely especially with Matthews
  • Options
    Usually we've got a squad with no goalkeepers. This time we actually have goalkeepers, two of them as well, but no squad.

It couldn't be any more Charlton if we tried.
  • Options
    Plenty of midfield options if nothing else
  • Options
    alangee said:
    What happened to the goalkeeper that came over from USA that we were trying to sign?
    Curtis Anderson?

He was ex-Man City who wasnt able to sign for us due to the embargo in January so decided to go and play in America

Has played ten games for Charlotte Independence so far 
  • Options
    I mean, for League One, it is the basis of a decent squad.  Get rid of the current ownership, bring in Varney/Barclay and a handful of decent acquisitions and we could challenge.   Long way from that today I know.
  • Options
    With the lack of numbers in defence, one or two of the released players may have been useful
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    has Matthews gone?

With the likes of Matthews and Sarr there is the possibility of them being like Williams last summer, who left but then returned a few weeks later, but pretty unlikely especially with Matthews
    We'll miss Mathews .. as for Sarr, if he doesn't find another club, and I can't see him being in big demand, I would not especially welcome him back. He's overrated by many on here, is a poor defender who now and then makes a great pass, and yes, I know he's a lovely happy go lucky guy, but I want a defender who can actually stay awake and defend properly. A bigger, meaner version of Pearce/Lockyer would be just the ticket
    Micky Droy not 70 yet, he might do for 10 mins at the end.
  • Options
    has Matthews gone?

We'll miss Mathews .. as for Sarr, if he doesn't find another club, and I can't see him being in big demand, I would not especially welcome him back. He's overrated by many on here, is a poor defender who now and then makes a great pass, and yes, I know he's a lovely happy go lucky guy, but I want a defender who can actually stay awake and defend properly. A bigger, meaner version of Pearce/Lockyer would be just the ticket
    Micky Droy not 70 yet, he might do for 10 mins at the end.
    Slough Town legend.
  • Options
    May as well close the thread.
  • Options
    Had included Ness but we’ve also added Hady Ghandour to our u23 squad. He’s a young striker from Tooting & Mitcham.
  • Options
    Any idea how much the fees paid for Gibley and Washington are?
  • Options
    edited September 2020
    Bump.

Not posting a new thread as I’d only have 3 signings to add.

👀👀👀