Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.
Options

who will win the championship title

edited July 2007 in General Charlton
charlton runners up wolves.

Comments

• Options
    have you heard this on the grapevine?
  • Options
    he he
  • Options
    Wolves. Runners Up, Leicester.

Play Offs. Sheffield United, Watford, Coventry, Charlton.

My opinions changing on a daily basis mind you.
  • Options
    we'll win it by at least 7 points, nobody remembers who came second!
  • Options
    I'll cast my verdict once all the transfer activity is over and we're a few games in!
  • Options
    Leicester will be there or thereabouts I reckon.
  • Options
    I'll sit on the fence and wait until Easter to 'lay' my predictions.

Lay, geddit?

I'll get my coat
  • Options
    [cite]Posted By: LenGlover[/cite]Leicester will be there or thereabouts I reckon.

Good midfield they have : - )
  • Options
    Watford, they remind me of us after our 1st relegation.
  • Options
    I'm with you, Santa.
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    watford
  • Options
    Charlton
  • Options
    Watford

The rest will be Wolves, Sheff Utd, Charlton Athletic, Leicester, West Brom.

All the rest are crap.
  • Options
    Watford or us. I think we have bought well but so have they and they have a more settled squad. If we can get a good start we will be OK.
  • Options
    Not seen any post for Burleys Saints ? I make them to win with West Brom 2nd Us in play off spot.
  • Options
    [cite]Posted By: Henry Irving[/cite] I think we have bought well

break that down mate.

As a whole package of what we've brought it, or certain individuals ? If so, what ones ?

I ask that because i know very, very little of virtually everything we have bought in. Over than Chris Powell and Nicky Weaver, i don't think i've seen any in the flesh, and most i've never heard of.
  • Options
    We'll wrap it up in March!
  • Options
    [cite]Posted By: AFKA Bartram[/cite]
    [cite]Posted By: Henry Irving[/cite]I think we have bought well

break that down mate.

As a whole package of what we've brought it, or certain individuals ? If so, what ones ?

I ask that because i know very, very little of virtually everything we have bought in. Over than Chris Powell and Nicky Weaver, i don't think i've seen any in the flesh, and most i've never heard of.

IMHO and not having seen many of them playeither we have three proven goal scorers with different talents. Varney has pace, Big Chris leads the line, Todorov is a good finisher who can play with his back to goal and turn players.

Weaver is an experienced keeper and I hear has a good, down to earth attitude along with some of the other new signings. No Nonsense defenders such as Paddy and Moo2akil to add to Cory Gibbs, Magic and Thatcher = good defence.

Add another holding midfielder (Mullins if he comes?) and maybe a striker (Sahar if the rumours are true) and I think we have a decent squad. We shall have to see if they settle and can play as a team. Most have played at this level before so should not be too much of a culture shock. Reid will be the key man. When fit he is a class above this league and can get the ball to the wide players and forwards as well as chip in with a few goals himself.

It's a glass half full view I know but that's how I'm feeling right now.

Derek Ufton has this theory that were you are after 10 games is pretty much where you will end up. Lets see.
  • Options
    edited July 2007
    [cite]Posted By: Henry Irving[/cite]
    [cite]Derek Ufton has this theory that were you are after 10 games is pretty much where you will end up. Lets see[/cite]

Fair enough.

Not sure i agree with Ufton's theory. We will have a new side, it will take longer than 10 games for them to gel properly. The belly of the season Dec - Feb will be the important months for me.
  • Options
    [cite]Posted By: AFKA Bartram[/cite]
    [cite]Posted By: Henry Irving[/cite]
    [cite]Derek Ufton has this theory that were you are after 10 games is pretty much where you will end up. Lets see[/cite]

Fair enough.

Not sure i agree with Ufton's theory. We will have a new side, it will take longer than 10 games for them to gel properly. The belly of the season Dec - Feb will be the important months for me.

Clearly there are teams that have turned things around or who have fallen away badly after 10 game. Difficult to say to a former England player and league manager "you're wrong" - unless you are David White of course ;- )

Expecatations will be high and if we are not in the top 6 and near the top 2 after 10 games I think there will be a situation similar to Birmingham last year when there was a lot of pressure on Bruce. He took Brum up in the end so maybe we will have to be patient and wait to the winter as you say.