Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.
Options

Amsterdam Clubbing Info Help Please...

Right, stag do this weekend, not been to the Dam since Darius Vassels finest moment in 2001 (?)

As one of the grooms best mates (not Best Man) I have been put in charge of drugs n clubs.

The first one shouldnt be a problem as I can haggle with the best of them but im having problems finding decent clubs to suit all tastes

Basically either indie or banging. Dont do metal, r & b, house, cheese, electro funk rubbish.

Help, anyone been recently and can recommend?

Ta

Comments

• Options
    MCSMCS
    edited July 2007
    we went to hed kandi, but we had a fella who was well connected in the dance scene! sorry but i cant remember much else! apart from the fact they sold spliffs in cafes! yey
  • Options
    Don't remember many individual clubs but there is tons of clubs down the main strip, also the Banana Bar is definitely worth a visit.
  • Options
    I was there this weekend....Club 11 down by Centraal Station and Escape in Rebrandtplein are your best bets....
  • Options
    theyre brothels arent they?
  • Options
    nope - cetainly not houses of ill-repute
  • Options
    ...defo go to the banana bar - and if you have the chance to organise a beer bike (www.fietscafe.nl) - definitley do it....I had 24 blokes on these mobile beer bars tearing up and down Amsterdam on Sat afternoon - it was one of the funniest things i've ever done.
  • Options
    Isnt the Banana Bar a sex show?? in the red light district? We went there last time.

Was funny, a couple were shagging on the stage and 200 odd England fans got bored and started singing no surrender :)
  • Options
    Its also a bar :)
  • Options
    Also try Paradiso and The Melkweg in Leideseplein as they do various nights there.

I used to live there so you'll struggle to find drugs in the clubs and generally have to buy in the red light district or on the street.
  • Options
    mate of mine DJ's here sometimes , some other mates have been there and give it rave reviews

http://www.worldsbestbars.com/city/amsterdam/club-11-amsterdam.htm
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    Going myself in Amsterdam.

where do you have to go to find the 80's cheese ?
  • Options
    [quote][cite]Posted By: buckshee[/cite]mate of mine DJ's here sometimes , some other mates have been there and give it rave reviews

[url]http://www.worldsbestbars.com/city/amsterdam/club-11-amsterdam.htm[/url][/quote]

yeah quality place just a little out of the way (for amsterdam anyway)
  • Options
    [cite]Posted By: PalaceHater[/cite]Going myself in Amsterdam.

where do you have to go to find the 80's cheese ?

Not much 80's cheese out there - there is a regular 70s,80s,90s night at Club Arena.