Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.
Options

Dennon Lewis

Former Love Island star is training with us.

Comments

• Options
    edited August 2020
    Quit Falkirk after being racially abused by his own fans. 

I can imagine that was tricky mentally. In BowGal we trust. 
  • Options
    https://youtu.be/L-Mi61Ws7tc 

Looks to me like a younger Lyle Taylor in his movement and Poaching 

wonder if he was one of the 4 we wanted the EFL to let us sign 
  • Options
    Well the only comment below that video is 'welcome to Charlton', dated a month ago...
  • Options
    Leuth said:
    Well the only comment below that video is 'welcome to Charlton', dated a month ago...
    Looks like the sun reported it at the end of June
  • Options
    edited August 2020
    His touch at 3:20 here is phenomenal, finish isn't bad either. Then he scores a difficult roll in shot with his other foot. 

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ElTFbKNBXEA
  • Options
    He looks very strong and has good movement.
  • Options
    Is this the guy that was linked earlier in the summer?
  • Options
    Is this the guy that was linked earlier in the summer?
    Yes
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    You have to remember the level he’s playing at, but I’ve seen worse highlights packages. 
  • Options
    PaddyP17 said:
    He looks raw. But there is clearly a player who wants to work hard in there, and whose technical ability belies where he plied his trade last year. (Then again, he's a former Watford U23 player, so that's a better indicator.) I think he might be quite pacey, and give defenders something to worry about on that front, but his first touch and movement might - at the moment - leave a bit to be desired further up the footballing pyramid.

Finishing looks alright; his movement and eye for a pass is a bit better than the level of his peers in the video; but there must be some question marks given he was non-League. Not sure what they are though as highlight videos aren't exactly lowlight videos. And he won't have as much time on the ball as he's afforded in some of the above clips.

However, the building blocks of a potentially decent, Gallen/Bowyer-style footballer are there. If he joins, he would be a welcome addition to the squad.
    He was voted POTY for the season just gone. 

http://www.wealdstonefc.co.uk/forum/viewtopic.php?f=2&t=18213
  • Options
    Seems they're looking for a whole £50k. 
  • Options
    Dazzler21 said:
    Seems they're looking for a whole £50k. 
    Bollocks, thats us screwed then!! ;) 
  • Options
    I have had a look and it seems he had an option of an extra year which the club activated, nothing to say he has accepted it. That's the only way they're getting £50k.
  • Options
    What does The Wealdstone Warrior think of him?
  • Options
    Reminds me Chris Dickson - looks great in those clips but its a long way from playing non-league football to Championship  /League 1. I hope it all works out for both him & us. 
  • Options
    What does The Wealdstone Warrior think of him?
    Just spoke to him and he told me "He's got no fans".
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    Dazzler21 said:
    I have had a look and it seems he had an option of an extra year which the club activated, nothing to say he has accepted it. That's the only way they're getting £50k.
    If he signed a contract saying either party could activate an extra year and the club have chosen to, then surely he has no choice as he's already accepted it by signing the original contract.
  • Options
    Dazzler21 said:
    His touch at 3:20 here is phenomenal, finish isn't bad either. Then he scores a difficult roll in shot with his other foot. 

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ElTFbKNBXEA
    I'd say rather that his touch is OK but the centre-back sells himself making it easy to get round him.  No problems with your other two statements, though.
  • Options
    From Bromley FC Forum, he made 4 appearences.

He came on at Braintree, took the ball round the keeper and then hit the post as he fell over. He is also famous for missing a glorious chance at Falkirk in his time there.
    I thought he looked decent enough really, but never go going fully
  • Options
    Sounds perfect for us
  • Options
    Noticed Dan Bowry ex CAFC was playing for Bath.
  • Options
    Maybe he's on trial rather than being a done deal signing held up by the EFL?
  • Options
    edited August 2020
    If he's currently on trial he reminds me of Jeremy Lynch who Pardew brought in on trial

Was the kid who did the Football Freestyle act on Britain's Got Talent in 2008

So having a Love Island contestant wouldnt be our first TV star to appear @ Sparrows Lane
  • Options
    If he's currently on trial he reminds me of Jeremy Lynch who Pardew brought in on trial

So having a Love Island contestant wouldnt be our first TV star to appear @ Sparrows Lane
    Don't forget McDonalds advert star Scott Parker  :D
  • Options

Or the unnamed snake who will hopefully get a visit one day from Robin Hood

He was in Champions League commercials wasnt he?

Maybe we should swerve on this Lewis lad, one of them (Lynch) wasnt good enough, the other two became pricks!!
  • Options

Or the unnamed snake who will hopefully get a visit one day from Robin Hood

He was in Champions League commercials wasnt he?

Maybe we should swerve on this Lewis lad, one of them (Lynch) wasnt good enough, the other two became pricks!!

We then had a player do a TV ad after he left (Poyet)