Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.

Good customer service - which companies?

Having established we all hate Hermes it would be interesting to know who people think deliver good customer service.

The best for me recently have been

LV Insurance
Enterprise Car Rental

Comments

• Currys. their video chat service is brilliant and first class, both in help choosing what to buy and on another product solving a fault that had developed on a computer (due to a microsoft update).
  • American Express
  • Agree with Enterprise Car Rental, phoned them up to cancel at short notice once and got a full refund with no quibbling. Always use them for rentals now.

Santander Home Insurance. When I was burgled two years ago, the claim was sorted and paid out within six weeks. 
  • N Power - superb
    its the reason I don’t bother changing
  • First Direct are good.

• My experience of Timpsons has been good.
    The Currys delivery and installation service is poor.
    Virgin is poor.
    Some online product people are very good like the Bamboo clothing and linen shop.
  • Might just be me, but on the few occasions I've had to contact Amazon their response has been exemplary.
  • Swatch.
    They advise, replace and repair with hardly a pause.
    Over the years I’ve said to members of Swatch staff at at least three separate shops in three separate countries that their customer service is why I keep going back to swatch for watches.

By the way, complimenting staff on good service is a really good habit to get into. I try to also tell a manager if I can. It’s genuinely appreciated by the staff and I like to think it means other people get improved service because of it too.

We are quick to complain about shit service, but it would be nice if we were as quick to give credit where it’s due too.
  • Sponsored links:

• Another +1 for Amazon.

Whenever I've had a problem, they will always offer me some form of reimbursement... be that credit voucher or a free month of prime.

I've said before that prime is a great value product if you use all of the features (delivery/video/music etc), so to have a free month of that is decent compensation for me.

• Definitely Amazon. Massive focus on putting the customer first. It might be a cliche but for them they actually put it into practice. 
  • Timpson - at the start of Covid, the owner told all of the staff that their jobs were safe and they'd be paid a full salary throughout, no matter what. 

They offer to dry clean your suit for free if you're unemployed and have a job interview.

Every time I have used them for dry cleaning, shoe repairs or having a key cut they have been superb. 

Friendly, reliable and polite.

They are a fantastic company run by an inspirational owner in Sir John Timpson.
  • Rubber Nobs Cox and Strapons Inc.

Excellent customer service, really pulled it out for me!
  • BA ... refunded all my numerous flight costs promptly and without quibbling 

• The Sperm Bank - Where customers come first
  • Timpson - at the start of Covid, the owner told all of the staff that their jobs were safe and they'd be paid a full salary throughout, no matter what. 

They offer to dry clean your suit for free if you're unemployed and have a job interview.

Every time I have used them for dry cleaning, shoe repairs or having a key cut they have been superb. 

Friendly, reliable and polite.

And fucking expensive!
  • edited August 2020

Everard Hiscox-Long Solicitors.
    They’re always looking to put in that bit extra when called upon.
  • Premier Autos in Blackfen. Great customer service. They delivered our car on the last day before the lockdown, an hour after the payment had been transferred. That saved Mrs Muppetman from having to get 2 buses to go and collect it.