Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.
Options

palace away pub

edited July 2007 in General Charlton
where do people drink at palace,used to like the cherry trees,especially on a evening game we played em,might try the goat house if its still there,or the selhurst arms.anyone have a favourite?

Comments

• Options
    The Goat House is now a building site.

Endangered species, pubs.
  • Options
    i no the weatherspoons have a lot to answer for,i will cross that of my list then.
  • Options
    Drink anywhere you like - will be full of Charlton everywhere!
  • Options
    Cherry Tree will be home only, always is.

I'll have a beer at London Bridge/Borough Market and then jump on a train 2.30 ish.
  • Options
    Weatherspoons is ok but mind the stairs when going to the toilets! I speak from experiance lol (out of station turn right at clock tower and its just over the road)
  • Options
    edited July 2007
    The Weatherspoons in Thornton Heath and Possibly South Norwood would be my advice. You will not get in any other pub in South Norwood these days as they are mostly home fans only and certainly will be on the 1st of september.

I would not even consider the trying the Selhurst Arms...as this is strictly home fans only.

Your probably best off drinking at London Bridge.

This game is going to be a bit naughty...no doubt about it.
  • Options
    Selhurst Arms it is then!

Out of interest, why would people be "best off" drinking at London Bridge SoS?
  • Options
    Well let's be honest Off-it, if you just want a good day out with your mates win, lose or draw and a few beers then London Bridge just makes sense.

Following the May 05 game there is a lot of ill-feeling towards Charlton fans, and it's safe to say you wont be made welcome.

However if as I suspect, you are looking for some action then you will not struggle to find it on the 1st of September.

So you can have the day you want to have.

Me I go to football for the beer, me mates and to see the game.
  • Options
    [cite]Posted By: son of selhurst[/cite].

Following the May 05 game there is a lot of ill-feeling towards Charlton fans, and it's safe to say you wont be made welcome.

nothing new there then...
  • Options
    "Following the May 05 game there is a lot of ill-feeling towards Charlton fans, and it's safe to say you wont be made welcome."

*1905 falls off his chair laughing*
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    Careful big guy, you don't want to upset palace. Things could get nasty you know!!
  • Options
    Suitable pub for Charlton fans

Apart from the obvious location problem, this pub would be perfect for your away support...
  • Options
    'In 1984 a record 104 people and a Jack Russell dog named Bob squeezed inside beating the pub's previous record by just one.'
  • Options
    too big for us!
    correction ...f**k off we've got loads of away support
    *nose starts growing pinnochio style*
  • Options
    [cite]Posted By: son of selhurst[/cite]Suitable pub for Charlton fans

Apart from the obvious location problem, this pub would be perfect for your away support...

Oh stop it ...... you're killing me. TOOL!
  • Options

So what's new? Charlton fans know a lot about not being made to feel welcome at Selhurst...
  • Options
    [cite]Posted By: Off_it[/cite]
    [cite]Posted By: son of selhurst[/cite]Suitable pub for Charlton fans

Oh stop it ...... you're killing me. TOOL!

Have a beer and chill out fella!

Beer
  • Options
    Oh I think I get it. Charlton = clowns, is that right?

Man, you're cooking today. Be careful you don't burn yourself.
  • Options
    *another away game ooh aah mortimer *wont* be going to*
  • Options
    does that wannabee foley run the selhurst still sos,charlton will be drinking everywhere on sept 1st ,everywhere.its palace after all.
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    But hang on. Palace don't care about us, so we should be welcomed with open arms, after all they once "saved" us you know?
  • Options
    [cite]Posted By: ChicagoAddick[/cite]But hang on. Palace don't care about us, so we should be welcomed with open arms, after all they once "saved" us you know?
    Haha!

Sadly I think the police will be having a say in where Charlton drink. I'm going to England V Germany in August and without doubt I'm looking forward to palace away a lot more.
  • Options
    What about the Portmanor under the bridge,seem to remember we took that over in 89.