Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.
Options

Meal delivery times

2»

Comments

• Options
    edited August 2020
    I've never used any of these food apps.
    If I want a chinese or Indian take away I phone them & they deliver for nothing.
    I'd never order KFC, McDonalds type food to eat indoors.
    Each to their own, I'm not criticising someone happy to pay £9 for a KFC delivery.
    This. I don't understand people using Just East or Deliveroo. I couldn't quite understand the concept at first. I mean, takeaways have been doing deliveries for years, why would you go via a middle man ?  Make no sense.

As for @iainment. I don't understand what you are doing to get the deliveries that so much earlier than when you get home. What are you doing  ??  Ringing up at 5pm for an 8pm  delivery??  Sorry, am I missing something ? Why don't you just order the food nearer the time you are going to be home. Or pick it up on the way home (again, like we used to).

Why are people always tryng to reinvent the wheel. 
  • Options
    It's a lousy business model....every restaurant/takeaway will prefer to overestimate their throughput than potentially turn down business (by turning the app off).  I have stopped using it as by the time the food arrives I've usually stuffed my face with toast whilst waiting.
    Do you like your toast done on one side?
  • Options
    Just Eat could save themselve a lot of bother by taking away the time slot option (I take it that's what we're talking about here), and leave the concept as it is - e.g. Odering it for in "20 minutes / half hour, boss" time
  • Options
    I’ve come to the conclusion that the premium offered with these companies is only worthwhile if you are housebound for whatever reason (infirm, ill, looking after kids, had booze and can’t drive). It’s cheaper and less hassle to order and go and collect yourself. 
  • Options
    I’ve come to the conclusion that the premium offered with these companies is only worthwhile if you are housebound for whatever reason (infirm, ill, looking after kids, had booze and can’t drive). It’s cheaper and less hassle to order and go and collect yourself. 
    Eat in to help out. I'd rather pay a quid for someone to bring it to me. 
  • Options
    If you order before you’re actually home you can have no compaints.

You can if they give a delivery time and then deliver 80 minutes earlier than the time given.
  • Options
    If I want a chinese or Indian take away I phone them & they deliver for nothing.
    Each to their own, I'm not criticising someone happy to pay £9 for a KFC delivery.
    This. I don't understand people using Just East or Deliveroo. I couldn't quite understand the concept at first. I mean, takeaways have been doing deliveries for years, why would you go via a middle man ?  Make no sense.

As for @iainment. I don't understand what you are doing to get the deliveries that so much earlier than when you get home. What are you doing  ??  Ringing up at 5pm for an 8pm  delivery??  Sorry, am I missing something ? Why don't you just order the food nearer the time you are going to be home. Or pick it up on the way home (again, like we used to).

I ordered at about 7.15 for a 8.30 delivery, which they said would arrive at 9.
    They give a time slot option so I can’t see why using it makes me wrong.
  • Options
    JaShea99 said:
    kakaka said:
    Last friday i ordered Kfc on the just eat app. The order was cancelled immediately by the restaurant but they took the £28.90 from my card and would refund me in a few days (they did). Not to miss out on my food i drove to the branch i ordered from about 5 minutes from my house and payed £19.95 for exactly the same order. Wont be using just eat anymore!
    Surely that price difference wasn’t that much of a surprise though? What did you expect, it would be the same?
    The food was the same order, didnt expect £9 to deliver in the same postcode. 
  • Options
    edited August 2020
    iainment said:

I ordered at about 7.15 for a 8.30 delivery, which they said would arrive at 9.
    They give a time slot option so I can’t see why using it makes me wrong.
    Well, that is annoying I will say, although I dont understand if you ask for a 8.30pm time they said they'd deliver at 9pm. Am I missing something  ?   Since lockdown I've been ordering Dominoes delivery instead of collecting it & they have usually been 5-10 mins earlier than I'd asked for. Not a problem as we've always been in. Don't think I'd order food  to be delivered  unless I knew I was going to be in well before I asked for it.  
  • Options
    Ordered a take away curry last night, normally go and pick it up, but thought oh lets just get it delivered.. Advertised 45 minute delivery took 2.5 hoursso 19.45 became 21.25.  Absolutely crap service. Just eat.
  • Sponsored links:

• Options

One of my favourite memories of being a kid was going to collect the Saturday night takeaway in the car with my Dad.