Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.
Options

Wires above....... [NSFW]

DA7DA7
edited September 2020 in General Charlton
Help me out chaps, flitting through the forum within the last few days, I came across information about a book (written by a lifer????) about trams and trolleybuses in south London. I seem to remember the title mentioned ‘wires above’ or some such.
For the life of me I can’t find the original thread. It would be a great present for someone I know.
Thanks.

Comments

• Options
    No trains?  What kind of a present is that?
  • Options
    edited September 2020
    Reckon @GlassHalfFull will know.
    He posted an extract from a trams book in December 2014 to cheer up march51 in hospital at the time.
  • Options

The book is a recent one and is called Wires Above South East London subtitled Woolwich to Gravesend by Tram and Trolleybus. The author Robert J Harley has written many transport books, with London trams being his absolute speciality. The book is published by Heathfield Publishing. Details also available from Capital Transport.

• Options
    I'm not usually a reactionary 'bring it back!' type, except in this instance. Bring them all back 
  • Options

The book is a recent one and is called Wires Above South East London subtitled Woolwich to Gravesend by Tram and Trolleybus. The author Robert J Harley has written many transport books, with London trams being his absolute speciality. The book is published by Heathfield Publishing. Details also available from Capital Transport.

Is he anything to J R Hartley , the fine author of books on fly fishing
  • Options

No - nor does he make fancy motorbikes! This book is hardcore - strictly for connoisseurs.

Anyone interested in the Dec 2014 stuff - search tramista

• Options
    This really should be "Members Only"
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    Don't know if this book is still available it was published in 1971.
  • Options

Surely you're not the great Dr Harley? Please PM me!!