Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.
Options

Squad Number 2020/21

https://www.cafc.co.uk/news/view/5f5750bfccf56/202021-squad-numbers-confirmed

Surprised that Phillips has been given No.1

Remember Elliot getting something like No.39 the season he left

Comments

• Options
    Don't understand that either as it looks like he could be on his way out any day now??
  • Options
    So all the interesting changes we saw ahead of the first game, nothing much changed. Not surprised about Phillips, I'm sure Bowyer still reckons he can have a final crack at convincing him to stay once the takeover is complete. Elliot was given 44. Not sure if he deliberately chose that as a mini-mope after being told he wouldn't be number 1 or if Powell gave it to him as a message.
  • Options
    Don't understand that either as it looks like he could be on his way out any day now??
    Unless its just insurance in case nothing happens

If he's still here on the 17th October there is a slim chance we could get him to sign a new deal

Bet if we gave him a shitty number then it would make that slim chance even slimmer

As it would be our way of saying: "f**K off then Dillon"
  • Options
    2 left open for Matthews/a different first choice Right Back
    5 left open for a first choice Centre Back

12, 16 and 17 are all respectable numbers for first team players too, Phillips keeping 1 and Lapslie keeping 32 is interesting, the former may be an intention to keep him and the latter may be a lucky/sentimental number for him as he should be featuring prominently this season otherwise
  • Options
    Wouldnt it be the case of  keeping players with their existing numbers as fans already  have the names & numbers on their replica shirts. No reason to change them unless they leave & a new player comes in to replace them. 
  • Options
    Good to see 9 and 20 reassigned. Especially 20 wouldn't want that door left open.
  • Options
    I’m surprised lapslie didn’t get a lower number
  • Options
    Bloody hell, we really do have a threadbare squad at the moment. 
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    Loads of players seen to like 23 and 32 for some reason. 
  • Options
    se9addick said:
    Bloody hell, we really do have a threadbare squad at the moment. 
    Just thinking the same myself. Frightening really, a couple of injuries and we are down to the bare bones already......
  • Options
    Cafc43v3r said:
    Michael Jordan wore 23, that's why Beckham chose it at Real Madrid apparently! Maybe Dylan is a Becks fan, that wouldn't be surprising. Dunno why 32 would be popular though?
  • Options
    YTS1978 said:
    Cafc43v3r said:
    Michael Jordan wore 23, that's why Beckham chose it at Real Madrid apparently! Maybe Dylan is a Becks fan, that wouldn't be surprising. Dunno why 32 would be popular though?
    32 is 2^5 so if you like 2, 4, or 8, then it makes some sense. Though I don't know how many players would be familiar with that and maybe it's just cos it looks nice in some way.