Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.
Options

Any pest control experts on here? (Bathroom flies)

2»

Comments

• Options
    Are these them?
    These are beautiful Bathroom Midge Moths.
  • Options
    DA9 said:

Managed to get a photo last night, with my camera zoom, it shows this has antenna and slightly more bug like, that’s a penny coin next to it for size, there are many smaller flie like bugs, almost triangular in shape that I haven’t managed to photograph yet
    Hard to tell, but from the shape of the head/antennae they look like Hymenoptera. Some sort of tiny bee perhaps?
  • Options
    I ❤️ CL.....just saying...
  • Options
    Stig said:
    Are these them?
    These are beautiful Bathroom Midge Moths.
    Oops.
  • Options
    Sensible question...do you have any houseplants in the bathroom? 
  • Options
    lolwray said:
    Sensible question...do you have any houseplants in the bathroom? 
    No 
  • Options
    Could could be wrong but they look like tetsi flys to me, To be on the safe side If I was you I would redo your Malaria,Ebola, and Purple Diabungi shots to be on the safe side.
  • Options

Update, checked all the mastic sealant around the tile edges near the shower  and around the shower cabinet itself, as there seemed to be quite a congregation of dead ones there this morning, cleaned them up and poured bleach in all those areas, came home tonight and it’s vastly improved, think I’ve found their way in/nest, landlords Maintenace man is now on the case for a more permanent solution/fix, but will keep the bleach going each day

thanks all for the advice 
  • Options
    Can't help you mate. Not something I recognise. Have passed to my old manager &'he's asked if you can get a clearer pic.
  • Options
    edited May 2022
    Right.
    I'm at my wits end now. I mentioned how I sorted a drain fly problem a few years ago earlier in this thread.
    Well now they are back but I havn't got a scooby where they are coming from. I've checked all my drains plus the afformentioned storm drain.
    I'm seeing them mostly in my hallway which is strange as it isn't near any drainage points.
    Another area is our cupboard under the stairs. I found a fair few in there a couple of weeks ago.
    There's a small cloakroom next door but I haven't seen a single fly in there and I've checked all the drains
    I have a nasty suspicion they may be in our wall cavity somewhere?I did have it insulated just over a year ago and I'm wondering if the insulation is getting damp somehow?
    Has anyone heard of that or got any ideas?
    Help!