Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.
Options

Charlton's Pre-Season friendlies

edited July 2007 in General Charlton
I was thinking about the friendlies and was wondering what people generally thought.

Last years were tough, and we didn't win any, and we didn't hit the ground running. We lost and continued to lose.

This years we have a few crap games, Jillingham, Aldershot and two behind doors friendlies.

Are we missing a short pre-season tour. A few days away as fans, to Ireland or the West Country.

I would have loved a proper Scottish tour. Maybe Gretna, Killie and Ayr.

Any thoughts?

Comments

• Options
    I make you right ric, our friendlies always disappoint me. But hey ho its the same each year, so i tend not to be too downheartened (is that a word!).
  • Options
    i remember all those that went on the tour to East Fife etc saying what brilliant time they had.

Only tour i ever did was a West Country one a few years ago, Dorchester, Exeter, Plymouth and Torquay. Good fun.
  • Options
    Done the netherland/ belguim ones twice- Great laugh!

Agree with you Ric, but maybe it will come down to money and possibly a different management perspective.
  • Options
    Tour to South Africa fell through due to relegation. Trip to Spain replaces it. There was talk of a tour of Sweden (Mrs Pardew's homeland) but nothing came of it.
  • Options
    Hopefully we can do an irish one next summer! Curbs did one in Ireland a few years back and that following season we got relegated so he refused to go to back to ireland as said it woudl be bad luck.

superstitious fool!
  • Options
    [cite]Posted By: Henry Irving[/cite]Tour to South Africa fell through due to relegation. Trip to Spain replaces it. There was talk of a tour of Sweden (Mrs Pardew's homeland) but nothing came of it.

I knew about the South Africa tour, but the Spanish one is a behind closed door tour. I'm thinking more from a fans perspective, a few days away on the pish
  • Options
    Would be a great idea, i did the Roda game a few years back and am still getting over it
  • Options
    Went to Antwerp last year, which we won, and it was a good laugh, about 75 Charlton out there, and the game was decent, but it was no real test
  • Options
    I'd love a nice tour away somewhere having done the west country,scotland,rep of ireland and the games in holland and denmark,a bit narked that the spain games are behind closed doors but i supposed pre-season is for the benefit of the players and not just another excuse for a jolly up for us fans.Oh the memories of Wimboune and luther blissitt and that cow pat competition at Bashley one year the shock of finding Salisbury old ground was just a park pitch and the bigger shock of seeing several of the first team squad staggering through Dublin at half 3 in the morning!!