Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.
Options

Crewe v Charlton | Sat 12 Sept | 3pm KO | Match Thread

Comments

• Options
    Leuth said:
    Leuth said:
    A slightly negative starting XI but maybe we'll see something different in the second half 
    Dont think its overly negative, we've already seen that Forster-Caskey and Gilbey can get forward

The latter was a bastard to try and get the ball off of against Swindon when he wants to go on run
    Any time Pratley plays anywhere other than centre-back I'm going to call it overly negative, fair warning ;) 
    I don’t think Pratley gets in the team in this division once we make a few more experienced signings. As it stands atm, his presence will do the world of good for the younger players involved.
    *once Levitt is up to speed 
  • Options
    Leuth said:
    Leuth said:
    A slightly negative starting XI but maybe we'll see something different in the second half 
    Dont think its overly negative, we've already seen that Forster-Caskey and Gilbey can get forward

The latter was a bastard to try and get the ball off of against Swindon when he wants to go on run
    Any time Pratley plays anywhere other than centre-back I'm going to call it overly negative, fair warning ;) 
    Gonna have a performance like the 3-0 win over Shrewsbury a few years ago then with another placed Pratley shot ;)
  • Options
    C'mon you wounded limping hamstrung by cnuts Addicks!!!!!

Good times are a coming...
  • Options
    Leuth said:
    Leuth said:
    Leuth said:

I don’t think Pratley gets in the team in this division once we make a few more experienced signings. As it stands atm, his presence will do the world of good for the younger players involved.
    Lapslie, Barker, Levitt, Doughty all starting in the same team. Not for me.
  • Options
    No defenders on the bench and only 3 real defenders in the team let's hope there are no injuries
  • Options
    Leuth said:
    Leuth said:

I think you’d probably call it negative if he was on the bench!
  • Options
    shuffs67 said:
    No defenders on the bench and only 3 real defenders in the team let's hope there are no injuries
    We dont have any other Defenders...

Cant name someone like Mingi in the team as we dont have a Senior spot left

Means we'd have to put a 17-year old on the bench if anyone
  • Options
    We were linked to Ng weren't we?
  • Options
    Leuth said:
    Leuth said:
    Leuth said:

I'd have had Pratley CB and Oshi RB so neither Lapslie nor Barker would have started! LB sees them in training though so his call 
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    sam3110 said:
    "linked" yeah... Dunno how true it was or whether it was some virgin creating Transfer Rumours
  • Options
    Leuth said:
    Leuth said:
    Leuth said:

Levitt is on the bench
  • Options
    edited September 2020
    ross1 said:
    Leuth said:
    Leuth said:
    Leuth said:

Levitt is on the bench
    Callum was saying he doesnt want all four youngsters starting together

Might make the team a bit too inexperienced
  • Options
    Was there a final decision made about whether ST holders can stream the away games for free?
  • Options
    Talal said:
    Same Beckles that played for Shrewsbury isn't it? Didn't like him. 
    Dont like him as a player or dont like him because he's not bad at this level?
    First one. 
  • Options
    sam3110 said:
    "linked" yeah... Dunno how true it was or whether it was some virgin creating Transfer Rumours
    Just Roland trying to save on shirt letters in the club shop... Dodgy old Belgian scrote!
  • Options
    JaShea99 said:
    Was there a final decision made about whether ST holders can stream the away games for free?
    I think we will for Home Games, dont think it'll be the case for away ones though
  • Options
    Leuth said:
    Leuth said:

Disagree - I think Pratley is a massive asset for us, he’d be in my starting XI pretty much regardless of any relatively likely signing we might make. 
  • Options
    Bowyer clearly hates Morgan. Bit disappointed Albie, Williams & Oz are all sitting on the bench. 
  • Options
    ross1 said:
    Leuth said:
    Leuth said:
    Leuth said:

Levitt is on the bench
    That was only in reply to the suggestion of starting Levitt. Sorry if that wasn’t clear!
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    ross1 said:
    Leuth said:
    Leuth said:
    Leuth said:

Levitt is on the bench

You can't win anything with kids
  • Options
    Talal said:
    Talal said:
    Same Beckles that played for Shrewsbury isn't it? Didn't like him. 
    Dont like him as a player or dont like him because he's not bad at this level?
    First one. 
    Loving the in-depth player analysis! Bring on the rest of season in L1!
  • Options
    Leuth said:
    Leuth said:
    Leuth said:

As soon as more bodies come in to the squad, then the best Lapslie can hope for is the bench, possibly the same for Barker (although from what I’ve seen he doesn’t look the slightest bit out of place in the team). Doughty is the only one who remains a permanent fixture for me. But don’t know much about levitt, so it could all change. 
  • Options
    edited September 2020
    se9addick said:
    Leuth said:
    Leuth said:

Disagree - I think Pratley is a massive asset for us, he’d be in my starting XI pretty much regardless of any relatively likely signing we might make. 
    I just remember some of our poorer results from the season before last coming when he was in the team. 1-0 away at Rochdale, 2-1 at Coventry etc.

Of course, he was huge for us in the playoffs and in the second tier last season but we’ve got to expect to take the game to the opposition in this league and I don’t think Pratley starting week in week out in central midfield will help us do that. 

Right now I can understand his inclusion as an experienced head among youngsters but if he starts more than half of our games this season, I don’t expect we’ll get promoted.
  • Options
    Oshi, Barker, Pratley, Purington

Lapslie, Gilbey, F.Caskey, Doughty.

Bonne, Washington.
  • Options
    Chunes said:
    ross1 said:
    Leuth said:
    Leuth said:
    Leuth said:

Levitt is on the bench

You can't win anything with kids
    Not sure we can compare Lapslie and Barker to the class of 92!
  • Options
    Decent line up at this stage. 
    Things will evolve quite rapidly this season I reckon, and players like J F-C and Lapslie are going to have to prove they’re worth their starting places. 
    One thing we lacked last season was the killer pass from our midfield, and today will be an opportunity to see this line up can provide them. 
  • Options
    $ minutes coverage on Valley pass and thank God, no sign of that Just Eat advert. Yet.
  • Options
    A bit nervous looking at that line-up.

We really do need to buy some more defenders, for a start.

Hope Pratley is playing deep as a defensive midfielder; as much as I love him, he shouldn't be pushing forward in attacking moves.  Firstly, it will be harder for him to get back as he's getting on a bit, and secondly, I've seen too many of his shots sail into the Covered End!
This discussion has been closed.

Roland Out Forever!