Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.
Options

Worst cover versions by bands or artists that you like.

2»

Comments

• Options
    Paul Weller Official Facebook page stuck "Wishing On A Star" up this morning, coincidentally @SuedeAdidas
    spooky 
  • Options
    Dancing in the street

Jagger and Bowie.  

Made even worse by the dad dancing in the video.
    Stupid but makes me laugh
    https://youtu.be/BHkhIjG0DKc 

Mick’s doing a great impersonation of Brad Pitt’s character in, Burn after Reading.
  • Options
    Keane's Somewhere Only We Know covered by Lily Allen. 
  • Options
    Paul Young - Love will tear us apart.
  • Options
    Helter Skelter - U bloody 2!

Typical arrogance from the dog treat named lead singer of a single album best of band 
  • Options
    Joe Cocker - With A Little Help From My Friends.

Excruciating.
  • Options
    boggzy said:
    Joe Cocker - With A Little Help From My Friends.

Excruciating.
    Good choice.
    For my part I'm ambivalent - I love the Joe Cocker version.
    What I despise is the musical snobbery behind those who would claim that Cocker's was the "authentic" version  and the Beatles just pap.
    The original is a psychedelic pop classic imo.
    Eat shit hipsters  ;)
  • Options
    Wishing on a star - Paul Weller. 

Truly, truly awful. 
    Your music taste must be a joy to behold. Think this version is outstanding. Believe it got to number 2 in the charts. 
    yep, I'll confess to liking it
  • Options
    Dancing in the street

Jagger and Bowie.  

Agree with all that, but Bowie's cover of God Only Knows is even worse (on a pretty poor album by his high standards - Tonight)
  • Options
    video's an abomination, track's a banger
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    Dancing in the street

Jagger and Bowie.  

A career high for both individuals, solid gold pop genius with exactly the right amount of sending themselves up.  That it was for charity is the cherry on the top.  Criticism of it comes only from joyless dolts.
  • Options
    Aerosmith did a whole album of flaccid dross called Honkin' On Bobo.
    Presumably the honkin' was supposed to allude to the band blowing up some sort of storm -nope, the English use of honk meaning to smell bad is much more apt.

David Coverdale shamelessly mined his Deep Purple back catalogue for Whitesnake's Purple Album - the very height of pointlessness, even a retinue of excellent musicians and all the 21st century studio wizardry fails to mask DC's total loss of vocal prowess in a torrent of 'louder is better'  pseudo metal bilge.  I wonder if he covered his costs?

The less said about Status Quo's albums Don't Stop (No.2 on the album chart ffs!) and Famous In The Last Century, the better.  Contractual obligation multiplied by cocaine drenched writer's block/apathy resulted in a double dip recession in the Mighty Quo's canon between 1996 and 2000.
    Don't do drugs kids!