Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.
Options

Things that deserve a comeback....

Comments

• Options
    Coffee ice cream.
  • Options
    ads said:
    The Deptford Urban Free Festival

Fordham Park, 1991-1995 

Highly enjoyable (and much missed by those who were there), this excellent free music festival burned bright whilst it lasted, but was extinguished by those who knew 'better'. 

We enjoyed these, and others...
    Here And Now, Back To The Planet, Skunk Anansie, Brain Of Morbius, Test Department...

Deptford Urban Free Festival London 1995

No photo description available
    That's a blast from the past, went to all of them.  The same people that put that on used to have all nighters at Ladyflos round the corner. The dewdrop Inn on the corner was full of punters who considered the Goldsmiths Tavern as being a bit too posh, it was great.

DaveMehmet said:
    Proper bushes
    You don't strike me as a man that appreciates shrubbery, hedgerows and the art of topiary.  Google images is showing Monty Don in some gardens.

Or did you mean 'hirstute beaver', I researched it on your behalf and it appears to be thriving. It seems popular on Mumsnet anyway
    Have a guess
  • Options
    One thing that definitely doesn't belong in here is 'Bill & Ted'. Lasted 20 minutes of the new film on Saturday before fucking it off - it' atrocious
  • Options
    One thing that definitely doesn't belong in here is 'Bill & Ted'. Lasted 20 minutes of the new film on Saturday before fucking it off - it' atrocious
    It was pretty dire the first time around - still watched it though!
  • Options
    Coffee ice cream.  never gone away, had some just last week

Pillories and stocks
  • Options
    BDL said:
    McRibs
    Is that how a West Indian describes his home?
  • Options
    The Jolly Friar chicken shop at the bottom of Bexleyheath Broadway. The best fried chicken iv ever had. 
    Was indeed....The Jolly Box was the absolute business.
  • Options
    edited September 2020
    Fish stalls outside the pubs.
    Still see that especially in Essex, as in cockles, crabs etc 
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    classic moustache/mullet combo
    Don't laugh, remove the moustache, but that was my hairdo when I was in my late teens. What a dick I must have looked
  • Options
    seth plum said:
    Not to actually drink obvs.
    Impossible to open and pour.
    A decorative item for any man cave.

Iconic 70s beer Watneys is heading back to supermarket shelves
    I never had problems getting into one of these in my teenage years
  • Options
    ross1 said:
    classic moustache/mullet combo
    Don't laugh, remove the moustache, but that was my hairdo when I was in my late teens. What a dick I must have looked
    Now own up Ross your twenty aren’t you..... !
  • Options
    Westons scrumpy cloudy cider flagon  ludwig van standard lamp  Flickr

After drinking a whole bottle like this at a party when I was a teenager, I had a hangover for three days, and never drank for another week. I only have to smell cider now and I feel sick
  • Options
    The Jolly Friar chicken shop at the bottom of Bexleyheath Broadway. The best fried chicken iv ever had. 
    Used to love it there too, after a few beers in the Jolly Drayman
  • Options
    ross1 said:

After drinking a whole bottle like this at a party when I was a teenager, I had a hangover for three days, and never drank for another week. I only have to smell cider now and I feel sick
    Have the same feeling about Guiness - got drunk on it as a kid and have never touched it since.
  • Options
    Led Zeppelin
  • Options
    ross1 said:

Have the same feeling about Guiness - got drunk on it as a kid and have never touched it since.
    it tends to be the case that you hate the drink you first got really ill on. That's why tequila has such a bad reputation, despite it being no more alcoholic or vomit inducing than any other spirit - its just that most people's experience of it is doing countless shots..
  • Options
    The fish and chip shop halfway up Charlton Church Lane! My game-day ritual has been ruined since it closed!
  • Options

Comeback from school dinners- YEEEAH!
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    ads said:
    The Deptford Urban Free Festival

Fordham Park, 1991-1995 

Highly enjoyable (and much missed by those who were there), this excellent free music festival burned bright whilst it lasted, but was extinguished by those who knew 'better'. 

We enjoyed these, and others...
    Here And Now, Back To The Planet, Skunk Anansie, Brain Of Morbius, Test Department...

Deptford Urban Free Festival London 1995

No photo description available
    That's a blast from the past, went to all of them.  The same people that put that on used to have all nighters at Ladyflos round the corner. The dewdrop Inn on the corner was full of punters who considered the Goldsmiths Tavern as being a bit too posh, it was great.

DaveMehmet said:
    Proper bushes
    You don't strike me as a man that appreciates shrubbery, hedgerows and the art of topiary.  Google images is showing Monty Don in some gardens.

Or did you mean 'hirstute beaver', I researched it on your behalf and it appears to be thriving. It seems popular on Mumsnet anyway
    I remember several punters jumping up and down on the seats to "jump around" in 1992 - the bar staff didn't appear to notice...

Lived at Sanford Housing Coop...
  • Options
    Erections. 

Or this that just me? 
    You're not Dipsy then?
  • Options
    edited September 2020

• Options
    charltonJ said:
    Prawn cocktail Wotsits. I miss them dearly
    They are back in giant form next month. Finally some good news 
  • Options
    Being 2-0 down 
  • Options
    Redskin said:

Comeback from school dinners- YEEEAH!
    Food of the gods
  • Options
    The 1970s, So many people i have to apologise too.