Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.
Options

Rod Liddle - another little dig at Charlton today

13»

Comments

• Options
    Wonderful 😂😂😂
  • Options
    Hardly a dig is it? 
    Which goes to show that young Rodney has a bit of compassion towards his South London neighbours 
  • Options
    Bet he was smiling when he typed it though!
  • Options
    I think this shows that he has an understanding and concern for uk football generally. 

It's unfortunate that we continue to be a good example for his column. 
  • Options
    He's saying it how it is for once. No digs there
  • Options
    I think if we had a platform, and the intelligence to be in that role, we'd each of us take the opportunity to have a dig at Millwall and Palace. Underlying all of his "little digs" is always a sense of appropriateness and support.

Good lad, Rod...
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    Hardly a dig is it? 
    His column when mentioning us usually is, which explains the thread title. This time, he’s spot on, for both clubs. 
  • Options
    Thanks to Ron Liddle for mentioning our plight in a "caring sort of way.very rare for  a Millwall fan
  • Options
    He has always been sympathetic to us 
  • Options
    edited December 2022
    Only have to read CL to see Charlton fan/ critics steam into Cafc players more than any outside Journalists or supporters of other clubs. I have had more rows with so called Charlton supporters( anyone can be a fan when you are winning) at home and away matches when they are venting their spleen at another inept performance. Even when we are decent if we lose drunk or drugged people will give it large as in the example below.

Was at Wolves away in the Championships when we went 1 up and if we won would have gone 3rd in the Championship. We lost 2-1 and about 3 fans including a high profile fan(Not Seb) screamed "fuck off"when the players came over to clap the Charlton followers. 

Was at Palace when a six foot fan started booing Andy Hunt's name out in the the line up. Couldn't bite my lip and got in a heated debate. Andy then had a poor game but this was just weeks before he revealed he was suffering with ME !

Never had a bad day at work when you were shite ? 

Ok agreed, many of our players have too many bad days !

• Options
    It's a very good Article by Rod Liddle, despite him supporting our nemesis and looking like a bloodhound. I imagine he dribbles a lot but still a decent column, on the law of averages he had to produce one good one.
  • Options
    rather an accurate summation of our plight
    Yes, apart from the bit about the shares tanking, because they haven't. 
  • Options
    edited December 2022
    It's a very good Article by Rod Liddle, despite him supporting our nemesis and looking like a bloodhound. I imagine he dribbles a lot but still a decent column, on the law of averages he had to produce one good one.
    His column is ghost written by an imbecile.  This one is harmless enough to us though, it just states that we are awaiting a signal at Totally Fucked junction (train reference to add authenticity to the post IF your reading Rodderz...).
  • Options
    That’s an immense insult to Bloodhounds….one of which I used to proudly be the life custodian.
    He was a fantastic specimen, and sired 45 puppies….weighed in at 10 and a half stone!!!
  • Options
    cafcfan said:
    rather an accurate summation of our plight
    Yes, apart from the bit about the shares tanking, because they haven't. 
    They did at one point during the Covid crisis but have since recovered considerably.
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    Good article. He supports Millwall (probably just because no one likes them), but has regularly commented on the woes of Charlton in a sympathetic (for him) way. At least he takes an interest which is more than can be said for most of the national media (Martin Samuel on the Mail excepted).
  • Options
    Pol Pot could speak the bloody obvious about Charlton and you'd all be calling him a legend ffs
  • Options
    That’s an immense insult to Bloodhounds….one of which I used to proudly be the life custodian.
    He was a fantastic specimen, and sired 45 puppies….weighed in at 10 and a half stone!!!

Apologies to all Bloodhounds especially yours @SoundAsa£ I now have the image of Rod Liddle, having sired 45 offspring and all spanner fans with their little cloth caps including babies in prams 🤦🏻‍♂️