Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.
Options

Expected squads for tonight....

edited July 2007 in General Charlton
Likely squads from official sites:

At Welling

Randolph
Moutaoukil
McCarthy
Bougherra
Gibbs
Powell
Thatcher
Ambrose
Rommergirl
Holland
Reid
Bent
Todorov
Varney
Dickson

At Tooting

Weaver
Ilewumo

Who else ?

Comments

• Options
    I took it that this lot were playing at Tooting:

Across the capital, assistant manager Phil Parkinson looks set take an equally strong side to Tooting, with Iwelumo and Weaver set to feature for the first time in Charlton red.

Other players due to make the trip are Madjid Bougherra, Darren Ambrose, Ben Thatcher, Matt Holland, Dennis Rommedahl, Marcus Bent and Andy Reid, the midfielder having recovered from the hamstring injury that saw a premature end to the previous campaign
  • Options
    mart 77
    correct,which is part of my reason for not going.
  • Options
    still don't understand why the matches have to be on the same evening
  • Options
    Salad - I presume there's only a very light training session this morning and then the same tomorrow. If the games were split over consecutive nights they'd those a further day of pre-season by only having half the squad there.
  • Options
    I'm hoping to see Wright and Arter at Welling and it would seem that he'll give the squad a good run rather than 2 different 11's in each half.
  • Options
    Have the players been allocated new squad numbers?
  • Options
    [cite]Posted By: Salad[/cite]Have the players been allocated new squad numbers?

Not been announced yet. Pards says the two players he's looking for will be first team players and i suppose this was to be expected after our attempts to sign Earnshaw and Eastwood. I'd guess Varney will be 9 or 10 as Pards really praised him up.
  • Options
    [cite]Posted By: F-Blocker[/cite]Salad - I presume there's only a very light training session this morning and then the same tomorrow. If the games were split over consecutive nights they'd those a further day of pre-season by only having half the squad there.
    just one word away from a good answer!
  • Options
    edited July 2007
    Schoolboy errror! Dunno how I managed that! :o)

Actually, I do - I changed what I was typing half-way thorough...
  • Options
    I still think after the cock up last year, the stronger squad has to be at Welling tonight.

If it isn't, then the club have screwed up yet again...
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    Didn't Pardew say the other day that he realises how important this match is to the fans?
  • Options
    i'd hope to see

randolph
    -moo2---dia/macca
    fortune/semedo
    gibbs

--christensen----morris/wright---faye/arter----thomas

varney
    toddy/dickson
  • Options
    I might have missed something here, but am I right in thinking Reid, Sharon, Magic and Bent will NOT be at Welling tonight?
  • Options
    emphasis on the newcomers at Welling by the looks of it
  • Options
    [cite]Posted By: Salad[/cite]emphasis on the newcomers at Welling by the looks of it

Pards said he's aware the fans want to see as many of the new players as poss.