Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.
Options

US Open golf 2020

2»

Comments

• Options
    Cannot stand Reed
  • Options
    He’s had a shocker on the back nine.
  • Options
    edited September 2020
    When McIlroy finished he was 9th.....2 hours later he is 7th (and only because English birdied the last). Still has a chance but I think he needs to shoot 4 or 5 under.

Shame that Wolffe birdied the last as well as it just gives him a bit more of a cushion as I can see De Chambeau cracking under the pressure. Can't believe how Reed fell away during the back nine. At one stage today he was leading at -5. 
  • Options
    Wolff. Who’s his dad, Jack Douglas? (That’s one for the youngsters)

Never seen an address like it in my life!
  • Options
    Dizzle said:
    Cannot stand Reed
    Same. He has the most punchable face in world sport.
  • Options
    Dizzle said:
    Cannot stand Reed
    Same. He has the most punchable face in world sport.
    Apart from Lyle Taylor. 
  • Options
    Wolff. Who’s his dad, Jack Douglas? (That’s one for the youngsters)

Never seen an address like it in my life!
    I know. Don't want him to win just for that "kick" before he takes back the club. Imagine having to unteach that to kids if you're a golf professional. Urgh. 

Ps. I do get the Jack Douglas reference. Whay-yyy
  • Options
    Felt a bit sorry for Reed in the end ...beginning to think something ought to be done about balls and equipment or are dechambeau and woolf freakishly blessed with the pure strength and power the others don't have..They seemed to play from 6 inches of rough without a problem 

For the sake of the game I really hope it's a blanket finish tonight 
  • Options
    lolwray said:
    Felt a bit sorry for Reed in the end ...beginning to think something ought to be done about balls and equipment or are dechambeau and woolf freakishly blessed with the pure strength and power the others don't have..They seemed to play from 6 inches of rough without a problem 

For the sake of the game I really hope it's a blanket finish tonight 
    This is why I love links & heathland golf......gorse. You might be able to play out of deep rough but try playing out of thick gorse or heather. And then the pot bunkers. Once you are in one if those the answer is usually just to play out sideways or advance it 40 yards.......not using a 7 iron & hitting it onto the green like they do on a lot of American courses.
  • Options
    edited September 2020

Well this is going to be an interesting night
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    Just cashed out 2682 and running the last 40 each way
  • Options
    DeChambeau isn’t human today.
  • Options
    Fair play to Bryson, unconventional he may be, but he gets it done. Decent week for me with a nice return on Oosthuizen and a little from Webb Simpson as well.
  • Options
    edited September 2020
    Six clear shots, only golfer with an under par round on Sunday. Hard to say he didn’t deserve it.
  • Options
    Why did he do that, a moment of madness?
  • Options
    Why did he do that, a moment of madness?
    Not really. He was trying to lag the putt to the brow of the slope & then let gravity take it to the hole. He just didnt hit it hard enough. Unless I'm missing something (screen not very clear)
  • Options
    Like to see his next shot.
  • Options
    Although he's not a charmer you have to applaud that performance from Bryson..well played 
  • Options
    edited September 2020
    lolwray said:
    Although he's not a charmer you have to applaud that performance from Bryson..well played 

When he first appeared my first opinion was overwhelmingly negative - truly ugly swing and mechanically created in a lab. I've changed my mind though and now see him as a reductionist - he's taken the mechanics of hitting a golf ball to a new place. The purists don't like it, and to be honest I would rather watch someone like Adam Scott swing a golf club than DeChambeau. But it is very, very effective. 
    There will be a lot of newly emerging players who will look to imitate him - and club golfers will also be looking at some of his methods, especially the oversize grips that do, for most average players, make a big difference.
    The big concern though is what it will do to the great courses of the world - St Andrews without too much wind will start to resemble a pitch and putt course. Courses at 8500 yards plus is not the answer as most viewers and keen players will want to relate to the challenge.
    New balls please!!
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    edited September 2020
    I’m naive and don’t follow much golf, what has DeChambeau done that’s different?
  • Options
    I’m naive and don’t follow much golf, what has DeChambeau done that’s different?
    He has clubs that are all the same length so his game looks regimental and ugly.

But most of all he has bulked up by 40lbs.  Solid muscle and baulk and is hitting it 50 yards further than the average pro.  So this week he just smashed it as far as possible and is now so strong he can just gouge a wedge onto the green from the rough.

He's overpowered the trouble and pissed it.

Add to that he is hated by Brooks Koepka and unliked by many pros the question is how to nullify weightlifters of the future just brutalising current courses. 
  • Options
    This article explains most of how he has achieved his success:

https://www.golfdigest.com/story/the-11-most-unusual-things-about-bryson-dechambeau
  • Options
    they said the same when Tiger started driving longer than nearly every one else

Loads of talk of Tiger proofing courses.

They just need to make the penalty for missing the fairway tougher.
  • Options
    Agree with all of the above but his short game was brilliant too ...one player has always hit the ball further than another, nicklaus could outmuscle player but the latter was probably the best short game player in history...I have mentioned it before but clubs,balls and lay out do have to be seriously reviewed 

For the time being I think we have to give Bryson a lot of credit 
  • Options
    He plays a different game to the rest and is successful, not much moaning when Sevy and Tiger were blasting longer than anyone at the time.

You can't win a major just by power surely he has some finesse around the greens?

It's like moaning about Usain Bolt because he's built differently from his peers, he was successful.