Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.
Options

Valley Pass livestream sign up info - CAFC v Doncaster 19/09 3pm - CAFC Cash signups by 9am Sat

Comments

• Options
    se9addick said:
    red10 said:
    What is the sound like?, mine is rubbish !
    See Stubley's tweet above. Mute the sound on the game screen and play the sound in the link in the tweet 
    And hear about everything before you see it...
    Refreshing the sound link synced it for me
    Cool, I’ll try that 
  • Options
    it's an embarrassingly poor service 
  • Options
    No commentary here.
  • Options
    Audio seems to work perfect during the advert breaks...
  • Options
    My audio was a couple of seconds ahead of the picture which I was getting from the computer audio on the tablet. I stopped the tablet audio for a couple of seconds and got it to synch.
  • Options
    Audio has been working fine for me since about half hour into the half. No commentary but better than silence. 
  • Options
    Decided to start buffering for no apparent reason.

Poor quality service.
  • Options
    Last time I buy a game on valley pass (until the next one!). What really annoys me is that they only tweet that there are sound issues, AFTER the majority of people have bought it. Think it was about ten minutes before the start today. I wouldn’t  have bought it if I’d known there were sound problems. But of course there is no way of knowing until you’ve bought it. Amateurish at best, disingenuous at worst from the Comms team. 
  • Options
    The problem is, THEY don't know there are audio issues until people start complaining, because the issues have been at the iFollow end not the Charlton end.
  • Options
    aliwibble said:
    The problem is, THEY don't know there are audio issues until people start complaining, because the issues have been at the iFollow end not the Charlton end.
    You mean the EFL need us to tell them something... WELL WELL WELL!!... How zee tables have turned!!
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    aliwibble said:
    They could get going, then somebody there tries to get it on a computer in order to see/hear what the punters are getting.
    They could test it all earlier possibly?
    After the first lot of talking which was about an hour before kick off the problem was apparent and could have been responded to.
    Whatever the problem it isn't down to the punters complaining, but the system messing up.
    Next game free if you bought this one? 
  • Options
    They were testing it from ten past two when I connected, and probably earlier, but were under the impression it was a local issue, so were trying different things to resolve it. It's not their system that's messing up it's the iFollow one, so there's nothing they can do to fix it. Giving us all a free game leaves the club horribly out of pocket unless they can claim that money back in return.
  • Options
    aliwibble said:
    They were testing it from ten past two when I connected, and probably earlier, but were under the impression it was a local issue, so were trying different things to resolve it. It's not their system that's messing up it's the iFollow one, so there's nothing they can do to fix it. Giving us all a free game leaves the club horribly out of pocket unless they can claim that money back in return.
    The providers shouldn’t be getting paid, but of course they will. So no incentive to get it right.
  • Options
    Last time I buy a game on valley pass (until the next one!). What really annoys me is that they only tweet that there are sound issues, AFTER the majority of people have bought it. Think it was about ten minutes before the start today. I wouldn’t  have bought it if I’d known there were sound problems. But of course there is no way of knowing until you’ve bought it. Amateurish at best, disingenuous at worst from the Comms team. 
    We only know there are issues when I-Follow switch themselves on too (which is usually 2pm).

Our sound was absolutely fine and we only knew we were coming through wrong because of friends and family telling us from the other side.

The frustration is with us too. The club itself did everything they could to restore normality but even when the sound was apparently coming through OK on the stream (with no comms) - I-Follow didn't want us to dial in just in case it happened again.

Completely understand the anger, especially as you paid, but i'm afraid taking it out on us is extremely unfair.
    Not taking it out on anyone Greg. Just saying as I see it. People pay and then are told there are issues. It’s unacceptable. Why wasn’t there a tweet at 2pm? Why did it take until just before kick off to tweet that there were issues? I agree that issues with Ifollow are out of the clubs control. My issue is that the comms team took so long to advise us. Also, what are the club doing about these constant issues? No point just passing blame. Tell us what you’re doing to address the issues. This is supposed to be a revenue stream for the club isn’t it? Thanks 
  • Options
    We only know there are issues when I-Follow switch themselves on too (which is usually 2pm).

Our sound was absolutely fine and we only knew we were coming through wrong because of friends and family telling us from the other side.

The frustration is with us too. The club itself did everything they could to restore normality but even when the sound was apparently coming through OK on the stream (with no comms) - I-Follow didn't want us to dial in just in case it happened again.

Completely understand the anger, especially as you paid, but i'm afraid taking it out on us is extremely unfair.
    Not taking it out on anyone Greg. Just saying as I see it. People pay and then are told there are issues. It’s unacceptable. Why wasn’t there a tweet at 2pm? Why did it take until just before kick off to tweet that there were issues? I agree that issues with Ifollow are out of the clubs control. My issue is that the comms team took so long to advise us. Also, what are the club doing about these constant issues? No point just passing blame. Tell us what you’re doing to address the issues. This is supposed to be a revenue stream for the club isn’t it? Thanks 
    Hey mate,

Firstly, we tweeted out as soon as we were aware there were issues (100% confirmed issues) that involved the club speaking to i-follow who had to do tests their side. I tweeted out at 2.30pm about them, so that's still 30 minutes before kick-off, which by this point, we had already been in regular contact with I-Follow who were trying to find us a solution.

12 minutes later, we found a temporary solution which I tweeted and posted on here. Again, not 100% suitable because of sync issues (where you needed to refresh the stream to sync), but it's example of more communication that we were trying to solve things.

We don't work for the club except on matchdays, so can't comment on what they will do next but again they've been hugely let down by the EFL on this. They will of course take into account everyone's frustrations (ours too).

All we can say is sorry. Again, i'm sure the club will be making some sort of statement on this in the upcoming days.

If there's anything else, give me a PM mate. Even today despite testing everything we could, we still tried to respond to everyone and help.
  • Options

Hey mate,

Firstly, we tweeted out as soon as we were aware there were issues (100% confirmed issues) that involved the club speaking to i-follow who had to do tests their side. I tweeted out at 2.30pm about them, so that's still 30 minutes before kick-off, which by this point, we had already been in regular contact with I-Follow who were trying to find us a solution.

12 minutes later, we found a temporary solution which I tweeted and posted on here. Again, not 100% suitable because of sync issues (where you needed to refresh the stream to sync), but it's example of more communication that we were trying to solve things.

We don't work for the club except on matchdays, so can't comment on what they will do next but again they've been hugely let down by the EFL on this. They will of course take into account everyone's frustrations (ours too).

All we can say is sorry. Again, i'm sure the club will be making some sort of statement on this in the upcoming days.

If there's anything else, give me a PM mate. Even today despite testing everything we could, we still tried to respond to everyone and help.
    You’re a good honest lad, no doubt and I enjoy listening to you and terry. Unfortunately, I don’t follow you on twitter and I weren’t hanging around here as I was trying to do my daddy duties before kick off. My contract is with valley pass so it’s they who should have tweeted earlier than they did. I’m fine paying a tenna for the games but the constant issues without any sign of resolution or pro active comment from the club means I’ll be going back to the tweets of Mendez et al until we can go back to games. Cheers for the response 👍
  • Options

Hey mate,

You’re a good honest lad, no doubt and I enjoy listening to you and terry. Unfortunately, I don’t follow you on twitter and I weren’t hanging around here as I was trying to do my daddy duties before kick off. My contract is with valley pass so it’s they who should have tweeted earlier than they did. I’m fine paying a tenna for the games but the constant issues without any sign of resolution or pro active comment from the club means I’ll be going back to the tweets of Mendez et al until we can go back to games. Cheers for the response 👍
    Anytime mate. Will let you know if/when the club hear back from EFL about going forward. 
  • Options

Hey mate,

Will let you know if/when the club hear back from EFL about going forward. 

• Sponsored links:

• Options

Hey mate,

The to and fro is on tweeting.
    You invite tweeting feedback, which I assume unlike emailing gets seen instantly, and emails get a generic response which is what I eventually got.
    A great number of fans are not on tweeting, so assuming it is a satisfactory communication thing is narrow.
    I was aware of the issue at 2.05 but only had emailing to use after searching for the address on the club website.
  • Options
    Another rank amateur stream again.
    I love CAFC so I'll pay, but the picture quality is always poor & the sound problems are truly abysmal.
    It's not even good enough to be described as amateur.
    If the fault every game is lying with the EFL why the hell aren't they sorting it out?
    Could you imagine if you paid for boxing and you had this rank offering every time.
  • Options
    There weren't any problems like this during the 9 post lockdown Championship games, so you have to assume that the EFL systems can't cope with streaming all 3 divisions...
  • Options
    @StubleyAddick

While we're at it...

The wind thing....

Why is it that sky/BBC/ITV commentators are not drowned out by annoying wind noise, but you guys frequently are? Could the EFL/club purchase a bit of kit to overcome the issue?

Good work on the commentary. Your game analysis has come a long way and is excellent
  • Options
    Surely we have some legal recourse against the EFL / Stream AMG for not providing a service as described? I am absolutely fuming about the quality of these streams. 140 pounds a year! 
  • Options
    I'm not on twitter so wouldn't know of any problems in advance.

At the start, obviously no commentary and lots of background noise. The background noise did stop but still no commentary.

I did see on CL that commentary would be on Valley Pass but was then asked to pay an additional £6.99 for the pleasure.

Is there any talk of refunds or getting the next match free which I think would be the least that the operators should do. 
  • Options
    Having having paid £10 to watch the match, having to pay more money to listen to the commentary seems ridiculous, the next match free sounds fair to me.
  • Options
    You didn't need to pay more to listen to the audio.
    I logged on to the audio on my phone, but it was a few seconds ahead & despite constant refreshing couldn't work out how to pause it.
    Having missed a fair bit of the game pissing around, the audio then told me we'd let in a 3rd goal, when they weren't even in our half.
    Terrible service.
  • Options
    It told me I had to buy a valley pass to listen to the audio?
  • Options
    does anyone know how I can watch this game in full? I don't think it's on valleypass