Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.
Options

Best CAFC moments

2»

Comments

• Options
    And one yet to come: when we are finally free of Roland.
  • Options
    Of those I've seen, in ascending order or wonderfullness.

5-0 v Southampton, first game at The Valley in the Premier League.

Play-off home game v Ipswich.

Woolwich Town Hall the night of the count.

Promotion at The Valley, 3-1 v Preston.

In the snow at the Toolbox.

Rufus goal at Wembley.

Mendonca at Wembley.

BFG goal at Wembley.

Penalty save at Wembley.

Back to The Valley.
    I thought this said "woefulness" at first and i thought - Blimey mate way to bring the mood down. 
  • Options
    In terms of moment/games I was there for and really stand out (in rough chronological order)

Battle of the Bridge
    First game back at The Valley
    FA Cup 5th round replay win over Brizzle 94, knowing we would play Man U
    FA Cup 6th round match at Old Trafford, Schmeichel sent off, Things Can Only Get Better at half time...
    Last game of 95/96, after we muck up Millwall draw with Ipswich. Millwall go down, we pip Ipswich to the playoffs
    Wembley 98
    5-0 vs Soton
    3-3 vs Man U, the Robinson equaliser
    Lisbie hattrick vs Liverpool
    Bartlett Goal of the season
    Sending Palace down
    The 4-0 against West Ham
    Powell farewell goal
    Kermorgant last minute winner at Bournemouth
    Ending Huddersfield's 2000 game unbeaten record
    The 5-4 over Cardiff
    Jacko last minute winner at QPR
    The waterlogged Doncaster game - off, off, off!
    The 2017/18 win at Pompey, one of the best atmosphere's ever
    Both Doncaster semis
    Wembley 2019
    The win over Derby

• Options
    edited September 2020
    Obviously not one of the great great moments, but I have extremely fond memories of beating Sheffield Wednesday 2-1 in the FA Cup at Hillsborough. Everyone had assumed that we would roll over and there would be a Sheffield Derby in the next round.

Great hit from Callum Harriot, and a lovely handball punch from Spongefoot put us through, only to be demolished by the Blades in the next round.

Great atmosphere that night.
  • Options
    Highbury 4-2, Villa Park 4-3, Bristol City in the cup, Lisbie at Stamford Bridge, Cup win at the Bridge
  • Options
    2-0 vs Brian Cloughs Derby.
    Claus Jensen  free kick against Blackburn.
    Danny Murphy free kick against Spurs(never seem the JS stand empty so quickly)
    Pompey away never  been a better away day, The day Bowyer/JJ showed what they were made of.
    BUT best of all, BFGs winner, sobbed like a child. 

I know these are tough times, but they make the good times all the better!

• Options
    Number one moment has to be Wembley 2019 but Aizelwood’s equaliser against Spurs in the 85 FA Cup game at WHL comes a very close 2nd.

1st game back at The Valley was very, very special but that was a whole day not a moment.
  • Options
    Newcastle 3 4 Charlton 
    Portsmouth away a couple of seasons ago.
  • Options
    edited September 2020
    In no particular order

Charlton 1 Millwall 0
    (Alan Campbell) on a bog of a valley pitch and after a run of 0-0 draws with the spanner’s, spanning over I think 3 seasons, early/mid 60’s

Charlton 2 Derby 0 (Tees and a great strike from Treacy)

Palace 0 Charlton 2 cup game after draw at the Valley. I know Harry Gregory scored, I think from the spot, can’t remember the other scorer?

Man U 0 Charlton 1 (Mark Stuart)

Charlton 3 Everton 2 (Melrose I think scored twice)

Chelsea 1 Charlton 1 (Miller) were chelsea relegated or was it Play Offs for them?

Charlton 2 Leeds 1 Play Off replay at St. Andrews.

Charlton 1 Portsmouth 0 (Walsh) Back to the Valley

Charlton 4 Sunderland 4 (7-6) 98 Play Off Final.

Charlton 5 Southampton 0 (Mendonca hat trick)

Charlton 3 Man U 3 ( the only team we did not beat in our Premiership years)

Charlton 2 Sunderland 1 Play Off Final

I’m sure there are others but that’s just off the top of my head at the moment.

• Options
    edited September 2020
    Number one moment has to be Wembley 2019 but Aizelwood’s equaliser against Spurs in the 85 FA Cup game at WHL comes a very close 2nd.

1st game back at The Valley was very, very special but that was a whole day not a moment.
    Yes, I was at WHL that day, replay very disappointing.
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    The 2 recent Wembley games are a given 

In recent memory 

Bowyers overhead kick against the scum in 96 
    Pettersons save from Hopkin against Palace at home in front of the covered end 
    Coming back from 4-2 down v Norwich to draw 4 all with 10 men 
    Knocking Sheffield Wednesday out of the fa Cup in 96 
    Beating west ham 4 nil and thinking we were pulling off a very unlikely escape 
    Danny Mills (prick) turning and running Julian Dicks into retirement 
    Jacko v QPR 
    Jacko v Sheffield 2012 
    Jacko v Norwich 2014 
    Chrissy Powell scoring in front of the covered end in his last game v Coventry 
    Beating a very very good Arsenal team 4-2 at Highbury 
    Donny play off second leg 
    El Kakouri last second free kick v Blackburn 
    The 3-2 Blackburn game where friedel scored then Jenson went and tucked on in immediately after 
    Beating Chelsea 4-2 boxing day then those shitehawks taking Parker off us 

• Options
    Obviously not one of the great great moments, but I have extremely fond memories of beating Sheffield Wednesday 2-1 in the FA Cup at Hillsborough. Everyone had assumed that we would roll over and there would be a Sheffield Derby in the next round.

Great hit from Callum Harriot, and a lovely handball punch from Spongefoot put us through, only to be demolished by the Blades in the next round.

Great atmosphere that night.
    This. Growing up in Sheffield, Wednesday fans always gave it the Massive. When little Charlton rolled into town we were usually beaten, even with Simonsen in the side. To win at Hillsborough is one of those special events. Not as significant as Wembley, but for me it probably feels as big a deal as beating Millwall at the Den, would feel to many. To be there with my dad and daughter made it special.  
  • Options
    All the big moments which a lot of mentioned already. In addition, watching Killer in his prime and that mid to late 70s team in general. 
    Bolton at home in 83, winning to stay up on the last day.

• Options
    Won't repeat those already said, but beating Leeds last year with my daughter for her first game is a personal highlight
  • Options
    One I don't think I've seen yet was after the 2-1 win against Wycombe at home in 11/12. We beat them, and MK Dons were failing to win their match which would have meant we were champions. For the first time in recorded history we finished before another team and there was a silent pause in the stadium while everyone waited to hear what the final result was, followed by a 'CHAMPIONS!' from the announcer. Great moment. The Wycombe fans were also really nice about it, especially considering that loss pushed them closer to the drop.
  • Options
    Watching yann play
    For some reason loved this guy
  • Options
    Watching yann play
    For some reason loved this guy
    Charlton's Cantona.