Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.

Can We Thank the Loyal Staff?

Evening all, on the back of today's good news and numerous pints I started to think 'how can we repay the loyal staff?'. Bowyer, JJ, Gallen, Olly, Tracy Leaburn and the rest deserve to know how much we appreciate them. Any ideas?

Comments

• Bowyer and Jacko already have that banner that got its first showing (?) against Doncaster
  • I wish we could thank the staff that do the largely unsung jobs as well, tickets, groundsmen etc... but struggling to think of a working idea in this covid situation. A banner or poster?
  • I'm thinking more club together, put money into a legit channel handled by the Trust and see where we go from there. Hampers, something personal
  • SamE7 said:
    I'm thinking more club together, put money into a legit channel handled by the Trust and see where we go from there. Hampers, something personal
    Sounds a great idea to me!
  • Great idea 
  • SamE7 said:
    I'm thinking more club together, put money into a legit channel handled by the Trust and see where we go from there. Hampers, something personal
    Xmas hampers from CL members? Any leftover money to a local charity or foodbank etc? 

Could be personally delivered by members.

My way of thinking. We could get the uptake, I think the wheels need to be put in motion. I don't have any contacts in the Trust or the like
  • I'm happy to raise it with the rest of the CAST board (although most should read it here like me).

My immediate questions would be how and to whom would it be distributed? i.e. does it only apply to staff who've been there 6 months, 1 year, 3 years, 5 years etc? Also would the 'playing' staff be included (You mentioned player management).

One thought I had a while ago was could we at least make up the lost salary for those who were furloughed, although practically, obtaining the information as to who and how much maybe a step to far for HR, data privacy etc. 

It would be pretty straight forward to set up a crowdfund type initiative though as we had detailed plans for that in case we needed to enact it before our lord and saviour TS saved the day!
  • Sponsored links:

• Rob7Lee said:
    I'm happy to raise it with the rest of the CAST board (although most should read it here like me).

My immediate questions would be how and to whom would it be distributed? i.e. does it only apply to staff who've been there 6 months, 1 year, 3 years, 5 years etc? Also would the 'playing' staff be included (You mentioned player management).

One thought I had a while ago was could we at least make up the lost salary for those who were furloughed, although practically, obtaining the information as to who and how much maybe a step to far for HR, data privacy etc. 

It would be pretty straight forward to set up a crowdfund type initiative though as we had detailed plans for that in case we needed to enact it before our lord and saviour TS saved the day!
    The obvious ones spring to mind first, but as we know there are numerous employees throughout the club. What I will say is, the loyalty of the backroom staff and Tracy / Olly need to be thanked, I can only imagine how stressed they've all been. For the sake of a 5er each we could really make them feel appreciated. I'm sure they know, but I feel like Bows needs a big hamper for his loyalty 
  • edited September 2020
    Rob7Lee said:
    I'm happy to raise it with the rest of the CAST board (although most should read it here like me).

Giving them money doesn’t quite sit right with me but Christmas Hampers would be a wonderful idea.
    Though you’d better be ordering them soon as they get hoovered up pretty quickly.
    All the major supermarkets do a range at various prices, they will deliver too.
  • Get in there you mad legends 
  • Up for this for sure, happy to chip in :) 
  • Walk of fame Stars in the car park to celebrate those unsung heroes behind the scenes. 
  • Who is Keohane? See his name alot on here. 
  • SamB09 said:
    Who is Keohane? See his name alot on here. 
    Not sure if I’m being whooshed here, but he’s COO of the club. 
  • I'm going to email the Trust and see if I can get it through them. Will keep you updated 
  • edited September 2020
    I think hampers are a great idea but happy to contribute whatever the majority go with. 
  • Sponsored links:

• edited September 2020
    Uboat said:
    SamB09 said:
    Who is Keohane? See his name alot on here. 
    Not sure if I’m being whooshed here, but he’s COO of the club. 
    Thanks, no wooosh, just wasn’t sure what his role was.
  • Completely forgot to update this thread, but I had contact with the Trust and they plan on doing something similar, but obviously there are a few logistical constraints at the moment. So, thanks to all for the feedback anyway.
  • Just a sort of "late to the party" idea, regarding the suggestion of a
    plaque which i feel is a great idea, and thoroughly deserved,
    and the idea of the reception being a location.
    Would it not be a better idea to place in view of all supporters
    on the outside wall next to the main door into reception.
    Just a thought, as i think it would be important for full
    visibility to everyone.

• Unhappy about any exclusions from this so I’m happy to donate a “framed” photo to hang in his office bearing those mortal words. We never forget. 
  • Bloody hell, Orangery Lane.

Shut down the Post Office there when I was a teen with some mindless vandalism which was made even more exciting as we were right next to the nick.
  • T_C_E said:

Unhappy about any exclusions from this so I’m happy to donate a “framed” photo to hang in his office bearing those mortal words. We never forget. 
    Ghost sign to right of photo
  • Johnson Builders. 

Think they're still going.
  • bobmunro said:
    A plaque in Reception? Something like:

The supporters of this wonderful club give thanks to the loyal and dedicated staff* of Charlton Athletic, whose commitment during the dark times ensured there was a club to save in 2020
    *excluding Tony Keohane aka Burger Boy

Maybe unveiled by Tracey Leaburn

Happy to pay for this.
    I'll chip in to get a plague for Burger Boy.

Oh bugger, you said plaque.