Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.
Options

Margate FC - New Kits!

2»

Comments

• Options
    Weren't they sponsored by Fatty Towers, when Buster Bloodvessel had the hotel, in Margate?
  • Options
    Oggy Red said:
    Wasn't Tracey Emin from Margate also - and whatever you think of her and her art, she did help to get the ball rolling for Margate.

Don't know if she is from Margate but she is the driving force behind the Turner gallery there 
  • Options
    edited September 2020
    Wiki says that Tracey Emin was born in Croydon, a district of south London, to an English mother of Romanichal descent, and brought up in Margate, Kent.

Okay, she was born in Croydon, so must be Palace. Avoid. :smile:

• Options
    Weren't they sponsored by Fatty Towers, when Buster Bloodvessel had the hotel, in Margate?
  • Options
    in tribute to Jack 'the Dripper' Pollock
  • Options
    I think they’re brilliant 
  • Options
    edited September 2020
    Yep quite like them too as it goes...👍
  • Options
    Carter said:
    Carter said:
    I think they are brilliant 

The Libertines along with a very good friend of mine are doing nothing but good things for the town of Margate and have been for at least the last 10 years 
    What's their connection with Margate? As far as i'm aware none of the band are from there.
    The connection is my mate, he became very close with Carl and Peter years and years ago. My pal has gotten the libertines and chas and dave among others to play at 2am on a few Friday nights at a place called the tap and tin in chatham, as a favour. They love him and the connection is no more than him moving to Margate to turn the old punch and Judy pub into the Brackett. This place has now gone and is part of the ticket office for dreamland but they opened the bar and hotel recently and it is cool as fuck. 

Margate is also a bit of a magnet for culture as much as people like to look down their noses at the place. The Turner gallery there started the ball rolling and whilst it hasn't been a complete success financially reopening dreamland has kicked the area on as well. The old town is nice and the art Quarter is too. Bit like folkestone

You are correct, none of the band are from Margate however it has become a spiritual home i suppose 
    Thi k I know who your mate is, I used to go to the tap n tin regularly in my youth. Some rowdy nights there when the Libs played. 
  • Options
    NugNug
    edited September 2020
    Excellent kits, especially the home jersey. Like the way they've changed the colours of the badge to match the kits too.