Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.
Options

Season Ticket Donation to the Club?

Not sure if this is worth a thought or if someone has suggested already?

Perhaps a way of showing our support of Sandgaard and the club could be in buying a season ticket, if you can afford to and even if we don’t get to see a game this season, not asking for a refund or credit for when we can?

Just a thought, anyone else have any ideas? Or I suppose perhaps we could just set up a fund to pay the club directly?

If already suggested elsewhere then please delete and point me in the right direction.

Comments

• Options
    I’m up for it. It’ll be in lieu of buying match passes on iFollow 
  • Options
    _MrDick said:
    I’m up for it. It’ll be in lieu of buying match passes on iFollow 
    Good man, just the two of us so far.
  • Options
    I'm in too.
  • Options
    In a John McEnroe voice "You can't be serious !"

We purchased season tickets for ourselves, our daughter and 2 eldest grandkids at a total of nearly £1,700.....

Surely you wouldn't expect this large sum to be donated to our club, however much we love it !

In addition  we are now spending £10 p.w to watch the current matches via VP.

IF we aren't allowed to attend any games at The Valley this season, our payments will be rolled over for next time. 
  • Options

We purchased season tickets for ourselves, our daughter and 2 eldest grandkids at a total of nearly £1,700.....

Surely you wouldn't expect this large sum to be donated to our club, however much we love it !

IF we aren't allowed to attend any games at The Valley this season, our payments will be rolled over for next time. 
    I think you’ll be able to watch the home games on VP at no additional cost if you’re a season ticket holder. 
  • Options
    se9addick said:

I think you’ll be able to watch the home games on VP at no additional cost if you’re a season ticket holder. 
    OK. Perhaps you could direct me to the relevant link for this, please.
  • Options
    I think we should all back Thomas if we can afford to do so. I will purchase a season ticket for this season even though I will probably not see a ball kicked. Why should TS take on all the financial burden. I understand this might be a big amount of money if a family has purchased and would not expect them to do so , but as an individual some of us should do so.
  • Options
    I may even contact the club and tell them to start charging me for when I watch Valley Pass games.  They have all been free since I paid a £10 to watch the first game after lock down v Hull !
  • Options
    edited September 2020
    I'm sure I read somewhere that ST holders will be getting CAFC cash on Monday for the 3 home games in October we'll be missing.

I'll be re-investing that back into the club on stream passes, new shirts, club shop merchandise etc (think we're allowed to spend it in the club shop?) rather than claiming a refund as I did last season.
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    Off_it said:
    Just what the Danish multi millionaire needs ...... more cash.

Nice sentiment, but the money would be better served on something else imho. Plenty of needy causes out there.
    You mean you wouldn’t interesting in selling you house and giving Thomas the money? Bang out of order. 
  • Options
    I'm sure I read somewhere that ST holders will be getting CAFC cash on Monday for the 3 home games in October we'll be missing.

I'll be re-investing that back into the club on stream passes, new shirts, club shop merchandise etc (think we're allowed to spend it in the club shop?) rather than claiming a refund as I did last season.
    I read the first bit somewhere too.
  • Options
    https://www.cafc.co.uk/news/view/5f6f18fab0e85/how-to-watch-the-first-game-of-the-thomas-sandgaard-era-on-sunday

"Season-ticket holders can use money owed to them as CAFC Cash for home games but not away games. CAFC Cash owed to full season-ticket holders for the club's game against Doncaster Rovers has been loaded into their ticketing account. CAFC Cash owed to full season ticket holders and 22-game season-ticket holders for games in October will be loaded into their accounts on Monday."

Can't be used for the away games, unlike at the end of last season, presumably because proceeds from the first 500 away sales go to the home side.

• Options
    I thought of the idea myself as well a couple of weeks ago. Even if I can't get into games myself it would be a good way of showing our commitment.  I spoke to another friend and he advised me that if you sign up for a season ticket and can't go it will get rolled over to next season. I would have gladly forfeited my season ticket this year for him. 

• Options
    Off_it said:

Nice sentiment, but the money would be better served on something else imho. Plenty of needy causes out there.
    I don't think that's got anything to do with it?

Yes, his stinkingly rich but he's taken on the club that was in real financial trouble and he'll not get the revenue back for sometime from gate receipts etc.

This isn't about giving it to him directly it's about supporting the club and showing our appreciation for him basically saving us from the knackers yard. If he hadn't stepped in, then what honestly was there as an alternative?

I'm not suggesting we all do it and those who have forked out a lot, like @Fanny Fanackapan it may not be viable but for me as a single season ticket holder the burden is not as great.

It was just a thought.
  • Options

Thanks, Martin. 

That makes sense. 
  • Options
    Surely for this season the club could offer live stream season tickets for a sum in the low to middle hundreds? Amazed they haven’t.
  • Options
    Off_it said:

I don't think that's got anything to do with it?

Yes, his stinkingly rich but he's taken on the club that was in real financial trouble and he'll not get the revenue back for sometime from gate receipts etc.

This isn't about giving it to him directly it's about supporting the club and showing our appreciation for him basically saving us from the knackers yard. If he hadn't stepped in, then what honestly was there as an alternative?

I'm not suggesting we all do it and those who have forked out a lot, like @Fanny Fanackapan it may not be viable but for me as a single season ticket holder the burden is not as great.

It was just a thought.
    TBH, Martin, we only shelled out the whole lot as our holiday to Lake Garda was cancelled with no future plans for next year on the horizon.

However, even paying for our own 2 season tickets isn't cheap and there's a huge difference between those and sharing a shirt sponsorship.

Another option could be a year's VG subscription if you don't already have one. 

By doing this you have the chance of winning some cash at the same time as supporting the Academy which I believe will be close to Thomas's heart.

AND you're more likely to obtain a ticket for that Premier League  away Cup game when it comes around.....
  • Options
    yep, i'll be buying a season ticket now - only a small gesture but i've had one for the last 37 years and words are great but the only tangible way we can support TS and the team atm is to buy a season ticket - so pull your fingers out - the bleating about bad owners etc is over - do the one thing u can actually do now to support and get a season ticket !!!!!  COYR !!!!
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    Do you get access to Valley Pass to watch the games if you've got a season ticket? 
  • Options
    If you can afford to do this, great. There are plenty of other practical ways we can help fund the club. A second Valley Gold membership, spending more in the Club Shop and making the effort to follow every game on Valley Pass. I am sure more opportunities will arise and these all support the jobs of other employees as well as the club.
  • Options
    Surely for this season the club could offer live stream season tickets for a sum in the low to middle hundreds? Amazed they haven’t.
    I thought there is a season pass for streaming available 
  • Options
    edited September 2020
    DOUCHER said:
    yep, i'll be buying a season ticket now - only a small gesture but i've had one for the last 37 years and words are great but the only tangible way we can support TS and the team atm is to buy a season ticket - so pull your fingers out - the bleating about bad owners etc is over - do the one thing u can actually do now to support and get a season ticket !!!!!  COYR !!!!
    Only thing you can do ? How about VG, kit sponsorship, merch, streaming games and upbeats ? 
  • Options
    shine166 said:
    Don’t think there is unless you live abroad 

I could only find the tenner option this morning for the Lincoln game 
  • Options
    shine166 said:
    Don’t think there is unless you live abroad 

I could only find the tenner option this morning for the Lincoln game 
    Yeah you're right, its a pass for content rather than games. Maybe its not an option as clubs split the money ? 
  • Options

I got that email on Friday and have been credited £20 to my Charlton cash balance for the Doncaster game. If they drip feed the money back throughout the season they it will hopefully pay for my 21/22 season ticket.
  • Options
    Any idea when the season tickets go back on sale,said same soon as we get a sensible & decent owner to support me & me littleun are in...👍
  • Options
    Any idea when the season tickets go back on sale,said same soon as we get a sensible & decent owner to support me & me littleun are in...👍
    Very much doubt they will bother while attending is banned. Last week Boris said the new covid restrictions will probably last 6 months, so id use that as a guide. 
  • Options
    If the ban is lifted end of March then maybe they could issue a four match season ticket?