Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.

The circus is back in town

no, not the Charlton kind, the real circus kind. I noticed the lorries had rolled up not far from me the other night as I drove to the supermarket. I thought at the time that must be a waste of time and money just doing that. Yesterday, on my way to get rid of a load rubbish at the local dump I noticed that not only were they still there but the Big Top was up and the ticket van was parked front and centre by the gate and looked like it was ready for business. How the fck can a circus have people watching if a football club can’t ?

Comments

• no, not the Charlton kind, the real circus kind. I noticed the lorries had rolled up not far from me the other night as I drove to the supermarket. I thought at the time that must be a waste of time and money just doing that. Yesterday, on my way to get rid of a load rubbish at the local dump I noticed that not only were they still there but the Big Top was up and the ticket van was parked front and centre by the gate and looked like it was ready for business. How the fck can a circus have people watching if a football club can’t ?
    Same way a cinema can I guess, doubt you'll get 8000 people rocking up to watch a clown fall over a bucket of water. 
  • shine166 said:
    no, not the Charlton kind, the real circus kind. I noticed the lorries had rolled up not far from me the other night as I drove to the supermarket. I thought at the time that must be a waste of time and money just doing that. Yesterday, on my way to get rid of a load rubbish at the local dump I noticed that not only were they still there but the Big Top was up and the ticket van was parked front and centre by the gate and looked like it was ready for business. How the fck can a circus have people watching if a football club can’t ?
    Same way a cinema can I guess, doubt you'll get 8000 people rocking up to watch a clown fall over a bucket of water. 
    More than that turn up to watch a clown fall over a blade of grass 
    I always liked Kim Grant 
  • shine166 said:
    Especially when it turns out to be a bucket of tinsel
  • no, not the Charlton kind, the real circus kind. I noticed the lorries had rolled up not far from me the other night as I drove to the supermarket. I thought at the time that must be a waste of time and money just doing that. Yesterday, on my way to get rid of a load rubbish at the local dump I noticed that not only were they still there but the Big Top was up and the ticket van was parked front and centre by the gate and looked like it was ready for business. How the fck can a circus have people watching if a football club can’t ?
    circus folk are eternal optimists
  • Fucking Elliotttt Farntwat Mouthall and Shitsheik, i just wish they'd take their Big Flop and just FUCK OFF!!!!
  • Got a fair opening in Sittingbourne this weekend, surprised by the amount of people on social media announcing that they are attending and will ignore the "advice" from the Government. 
  • edited September 2020
    bobmunro said:

Not saying this is, but topical in relation to @Iceman post. Where are the boundaries?

From Wikipedia
    In June 2020 The League of Gentlemen was withdrawn from distribution on Netflix due to the character being considered as blackface, following similar action taken against Little Britain by the BBC during the George Floyd protests.[3]

• shine166 said:

I don't know, Roland didn't do too bad. ;-)
  • Sponsored links:

• Not sure if I posted it on here at the time, probably did as it was so surreal, but me and Mrs was driving through a town (Miramont de Guyenne, Dordogne), about 5am, one day last Summer and come across a circus all set up Two trailer cages, like the ones you see in a Disney film, with a white tiger in each. Couldn't believe it

• bobmunro said:

Not saying this is, but topical in relation to @Iceman post. Where are the boundaries?

From Wikipedia
    In June 2020 The League of Gentlemen was withdrawn from distribution on Netflix due to the character being considered as blackface, following similar action taken against Little Britain by the BBC during the George Floyd protests.[3]

Never ever considered this bloke to be in anyway black face or remotely related to a black person.

Always thought it was just a weirdo with a funny voice.

• bobmunro said:

From Wikipedia

Never ever considered this bloke to be in anyway black face or remotely related to a black person.

I agree, and herein lies the challenge - some clearly do see it that way. Therefore at what point do you or I, who don't have an issue with it, become racist? When someone says we are? And if they do, do we need "educating"? 
  • bobmunro said:

From Wikipedia

I agree, and herein lies the challenge - some clearly do see it that way. Therefore at what point do you or I, who don't have an issue with it, become racist? When someone says we are? And if they do, do we need "educating"? 
    I think some degree of common sense needs to be used, which unfortunately the people that make decisions seem to lack.

The little Britain coffee shop woman is clearly black face, he even uses a Caribbean accent. The League of Gentleman bloke clearly isn’t. I think if there’s any doubt then best not to show it.
  • After the last 6 years I’m done with circus’s.
  • shine166 said:
    shine166 said:
    More than that turn up to watch a clown fall over a blade of grass 
    I always liked Kim Grant 
    2 goals in the snow at the Den  keeps him in my good books 
  • I heard ESI bought a new team bus.....and the doors fell off.