Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.
Options

The Range Rover saga?

Maybe I have missed something here but where are they?
I believe there were four in total.
Have they all been repossessed/recovered........what’s the latest genuine info?
There was some suggestion that Southalls might have been snatched back ......anyway as there are four, what’s the actual situation with each one?

Comments

• Options
    I think that there were actually six. 
  • Options
    Maybe I have missed something here but where are they?
    I believe there were four in total.
    Have they all been repossessed/recovered........what’s the latest genuine info?
    There was some suggestion that Southalls might have been snatched back ......anyway as there are four, what’s the actual situation with each one?

I think Dave Jones may still be driving one of them!
    Driving it fast I would imagine - trying to get as far away from SE7 as quick as he can!
  • Options
    Covering over the potholes in the West Stand?
  • Options
    Be interesting to see Thomas going about recovering monies/cars etc that went missing. I don’t think he is someone to hold back.
  • Options
    I was wondering if Southall got to keep the Range Rovers in lieu of payment for the club.
  • Options
    I know I jest, but the whole thing is pretty sickening really, people at the club, worrying about keeping their jobs, especially after relegation and Covid, and people fleecing the club without a care in the world, because they think they are entitled to it, and get away with it, it’s just wrong as LB would say.

LB has a Range Rover, not sure if club or his own 
  • Options
    Surely these are lease cars the money for which is being paid for by the club.

If the club just stopped paying would they not then be repossessed?
  • Options
    I hope HMRC are made aware of any benefits in kind the drivers of these cars may have received; and a suitably upward adjusted rental invoice is issued to anybody still in possession of one that can be pursued through the Courts if not paid 
  • Options
    edited September 2020
    The thing is, I assume these vehicles are on some sort of commercial leasing scheme?
    I also assume that as long as the monthly payments are being met, the leasing company don’t much care who’s paying and won’t be interested in ramping up tow away and snatch back fees as the problem isn’t actually their’s
    As i see it, The Club will have to seek to get them returned ......not an easy or cheap thing to achieve I would imagine.
    Meanwhile, each day that goes by they are devaluing.
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    The thing is, I assume these vehicles are on some sort of commercial leasing scheme?
    I also assume that as long as the monthly payments are being met, the leasing company don’t much care who’s paying and won’t be interested in ramping up tow away and snatch back fees as the problem isn’t actually their’s.
    As i see it, The Club will have to seek to get them returned ......not an easy or cheap thing to achieve I would imagine.
    HP apparently mate
  • Options
    edited September 2020
    I also assume that as long as the monthly payments are being met, the leasing company don’t much care who’s paying and won’t be interested in ramping up tow away and snatch back fees as the problem isn’t actually their’s.
    HP apparently mate
    Then I assume the same would apply to the HP company, as long as they are getting their money they’ll not show much sympathy and of course we would be very unwise not to continue the payments.
    The thought of any of those pigs driving around in OUR vehicles free of financial input or constraints makes me sick. 🧨💣🧨
  • Options
    What I don't understand is these cars are owned by the club as they are being paid for by the club. Why do people like Jones who is not part of the club have one. He can't still have one surely. 
  • Options
    HP apparently mate
    Then I assume the same would apply to the HP company, as long as they are getting their money they’ll not show much sympathy and of course we would be very unwise not to continue the payments.
    The thought of any of those pigs driving around in OUR vehicles free of financial input or constraints makes me sick. 🧨💣🧨
    Wonder how it works if a person (Southall) signed HP contracts for these cars, but the company changes hands. Does the new owner take on responsibility for the payments on vehicles that have been kept by the old owners? Wonder if Freshfields are onto it?

All good saying that maybe Southall was allowed to keep one,but two / four / six?? 
  • Options
    HP apparently mate
    Wonder how it works if a person (Southall) signed HP contracts for these cars, but the company changes hands. Does the new owner take on responsibility for the payments on vehicles that have been kept by the old owners? Wonder if Freshfields are onto it?

All good saying that maybe Southall was allowed to keep one,but two / four / six?? 

I'm assuming any lease or HP agreements were in the name of CAFC Limited - and they would be the registered keepers.
    It probably falls short of theft unless it can be proven (very difficult) that the intent is to permanently deprive the owner. But is there a case here of 'Taking without consent'? A lesser offence than theft but still an offence.
  • Options
    Before I left to go self employed I purchased an expensive printer for my employer. I think I'll ring them and tell them I am coming to collect it!
  • Options
    Weren't the monthly charges for the leases included in the expense accounts for the individuals concerned - as well as a monthly insurance cost?

That would assume the individuals are paying for the lease/HP and claiming back against the Club.
  • Options
    edited September 2020
    buckshee said:
    Surely these are lease cars the money for which is being paid for by the club.

If the club just stopped paying would they not then be repossessed?
    Of course but with that would cause significant damage to the clubs credit rating.
    Anyway......it would seem they are on some kind of an HP contract.
    I can see the bastards playing the long game in this instance, dragging it through the courts and making it a long drawn out process.
  • Options
    Thought MM confirmed they were on HP so theres was nothing the Club could do to get them back all the time Southall was part owner. Remember asking at the time why vehicle servicing was on the lists, as servicing is normally free for the first couple of years / miles on a brand new motor. More credit card spending being hidden?

Even assuming they are leased for the minute - don't the leasing company take care of tax, insurance and services, especially if they're high end vehicles?**

** Mate has had a Navaro, RR Sport, Amarak and now one of them Merc pickups on lease and I'm sure this is the case with all those vehicles.  He pays a set monthly fee, and they take care of everything
  • Options
    What I don't understand is these cars are owned by the club as they are being paid for by the club. Why do people like Jones who is not part of the club have one. He can't still have one surely. 
    But can't they take their names off being insured?
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    I believe I am right in saying you can take out vehicle insurance without actually being the actual owner.
  • Options
    I believe I am right in saying you can take out vehicle insurance without actually being the actual owner.

And the permission of the owner?
  • Options
    edited September 2020
    I thought Mihail confirmed that two had been recovered, leaving three. Southall and his Rubber Doll had one each and the third had been from Amis to Farnell to Elliott to Jones and was possibly still up for sale now on a car lot? Pretty sure too we discovered that some were leased and others purchased on HP. Logic would suggest the lease vehicles were those recovered and we are still paying for the others. Southall and Co using them 'legitimately' under auspices of ESI. If that's all true, Sandgaard's acquisition of CAFC would seem like the action needed to stop paying for them or, more likely, legal recall.

• Options
    I thought Mihail confirmed that two had been recovered, leaving three. Southall and his Rubber Doll had one each and the third had been from Amis to Farnell to Elliott to Jones and was possibly still up for sale now on a car lot? Pretty sure too we discovered that some were leased and others purchased on HP. Logic would suggest the lease vehicles were those recovered and we are still paying for the others. Southall and Co using them 'legitimately' under auspices of ESI. If that's all true, Sandgaard's acquisition of CAFC would seem like the action needed to stop paying for them or, more likely, legal recall.

Or TS has paid up the balance, to tie up the loose ends maybe?
  • Options
    edited October 2020

Or TS has paid up the balance, to tie up the loose ends maybe?
    Possible I suppose?