Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.
Options

So the Denim and Seahawk kit in full

edited July 2007 in General Charlton
charlton30981news3.jpg?rand=-18014

charlton30981news5.jpg

Comments

• Options
    a hell of a lot better than the red one . Must admit I'm tempted to get it as a birthday present in september but that's as much to do with not being able to think of much else I want.
  • Options
    Blue

&

Stripes.

Not exactly thought this one through have they....
  • Options
    It's not looking any better for me I'm afraid.
    :o(
    (and neither is that poxy Olympics logo!)
  • Options
    Am i the only one who really likes it? But then i love new stuff! It could be pink and green and i'd probly still love it! *Hangs head in shame*
  • Options
    I have no connection with Catford other then going to the dog track in the past so I don't hink I'll be getting the blue retro kit!
  • Options
    I really like it. Think its a great shirt. But blue and stripes to me is just not very identifiable with Charlton.

But then again, nor are a lot of things that have happened in the last 14 months....
  • Options
    [cite]Posted By: AFKA Bartram[/cite]I really like it. Think its a great shirt. But blue and stripes to me is just not very identifiable with Charlton.

But then again, nor are a lot of things that have happened in the last 14 months....

I remember when we wore it back in 1923. It was the bees knees and we all had a jolly good time watching the Charlton boys put in some cracking performances.
  • Options
    '23 what a year I only started going after the general strike in '26.
  • Options
    Alan pardews blue and stripes army,starts new thread?
  • Options
    Looks a really good kit- the top is excellent, and will look great with a pair of jeans.

BUT it's blue!
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    Get's pair of blue levis with red tag!
  • Options
    I like it.
  • Options
    I shall invest in it mainly as it has none of the many little after touches that last season's kits had
  • Options
    is this our first or second choice away strip??
  • Options
    blue is the colour, football is the game....
  • Options
    I thought the training gear looked a lot better than the black and orange of last year. OK it was blue and blue but not so fussy as previous.

In particular Thomas came out in the second half wearing a polo shirt with burgundy shoulders, a thin white horizontal band and the rest dark blue. Just had the badge and Joma logo. Best bit of Charlton causal wear I've seen in years.

Mike R, if you are reading this well done. Stick an XXL one in the post mate : - )
  • Options
    [cite]Posted By: Henry Irving[/cite]I thought the training gear looked a lot better than the black and orange of last year. OK it was blue and blue but not so fussy as previous.

In particular Thomas came out in the second half wearing a polo shirt with burgundy shoulders, a thin white horizontal band and the rest dark blue. Just had the badge and Joma logo. Best bit of Charlton causal wear I've seen in years.

Mike R, if you are reading this well done. Stick an XXL one in the post mate : - )

I agree all the players turned up in that polo and a matching tracksuit, very nice.
  • Options
    So that's your bit of promotion for the shop gear done, Henry - in return for Welling's cake, no doubt!
  • Options
    who is the player in the pic? :-)
  • Options
    Varney
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    okay.
    do you think thats a natural tan or out of a tin?

are they blond highlights?

He's going to have a few of our teen ladies hearts swooning... bit young for me of course.
  • Options
    he reminds me of darren huckerby in a coventry strip..(did he play for them)
  • Options
    I reckon it's a bit of a mix of sun-bed and real tan top-up.
    Yeah - highlights.

A bit young? Are you sure?? ;o) lol
  • Options
    [cite]Posted By: Weegie Addick[/cite]So that's your bit of promotion for the shop gear done, Henry - in return for Welling's cake, no doubt!

No, the Welling cake was an added bonus. Makes a change from the hookers and gin you get a most grounds.
  • Options
    Wedding cake, Henry? You're not meant to marry your hookers, you know..... ;-)
  • Options
    [cite]Posted By: Oggy Red[/cite]Wedding cake, Henry? You're not meant to marry your hookers, you know..... ;-)

I knew I must be doing something wrong. ; - )
  • Options
    great looking kit,they had crap browny black last season,a puke yellow,and at last a decent colour,blue goes with most,dont wear em myself,but stil a great effort.
  • Options
    I don't care if the kit is based on the old Catford Southend kit from when the merger was on the cards back in the 1920's or not - blue is not really Charlton and neither are stripes. Put them both together and it just looks like an 80's Coventry kit to me, but what do I know. I wont be getting ripped off for 40 sheets to buy the thing either way.

Still, it IS only a kit, and if it "looks good with jeans" and they sell truckloads then why let a little thing like tradition get in the way. If we storm the league nobody will care anyway. Hell, if we storm the league let's make it our first choice kit!!!