Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.

Johnny Nash RIP

I can see clearly now the rain is gone
I can see all obstacles in my way
Gone are the dark clouds that had me blind
It's gonna be a bright (bright)
Bright (bright) sunshiny day

I think I can make it now the pain is gone
All of the bad feelings have disappeared
Here is that rainbow I've been praying for

Look all around, there's nothing but blue skies
Look straight ahead, there's nothing but blue skies

RIP

Comments

• Iconic song.  RIP
  • One of the best voices in reggae. RIP
  • Great voice, great song.
  • Great singer. Sad day.
  • RIP beautiful voice. Remember a story about him and Bob Marley playing a gig at a London school early in their careers. Imagine being at that!
  • Strange to think he was 80 as I remember him so fresh faced back in the day. RIP
  • Oh no.

What a voice.

RIP
  • Sponsored links:

• McBobbin said:
    RIP beautiful voice. Remember a story about him and Bob Marley playing a gig at a London school early in their careers. Imagine being at that!

Yes, a school in Peckham. It was featured in the documentary 'When Bob Marley came to Britain' - a must see.
    A beautiful voice from an amazing musical era - RIP Johnny.

• What a wonderful song. RIP
  • Terrible loss.
    A musical genius. Not just a singer and songwriter, but what a singer and songwriter.
    RIP.
  • RIP sir, another talented musician leaves us, God bless you.
  • I Can See Clearly Now  and There Are More Questions Than Answers are truly classic songs and he had a delightful clear and warm voice. His 'Greatest Hits' is one of my most played albums. Interesting that an artist known for reggae should have actually been a Texan. 
  • RIP a great singer.
  • edited October 2020
    Johnny Nash great singer but much more than just a pop reggae artist. Recording since the 50s this is one of my favourites of his. RIP Johnny 

https://youtu.be/TgdA8Q3wZXU
  • That song will always be Hothouse Flowers for me.

But thank you Mr Nash for that.

May he RIP.
  • edited October 2020
    Another great of his

https://youtu.be/XwUxkQLs-rM
  • Sponsored links:

• edited October 2020

May he RIP.
    Never heard it until now, great version ................. until the sax comes in & they decide to have a grandstand finish :-) 
  • Always liked 'Tears on my pillow' really great track!

May he RIP.
    Never heard it until now, great version ................. until the sax comes in & they decide to have a grandstand finish :-) 
    I’m lucky that the Flowers (until COVID) come & play a gig every year 15mins from my house. The saxophonist is no longer in the band so the live version they do now is just spectacular. Helps that it’s an outdoor gig. 😎

May he RIP.
    I’m lucky that the Flowers (until COVID) come & play a gig every year 15mins from my house. The saxophonist is no longer in the band so the live version they do now is just spectacular. Helps that it’s an outdoor gig. 😎
    That's handy  :)

It's weird cause I like a saxaphone & the Psychedelic Furs who i used to really like had a sax as well, but just think this one spoilt what I thought was a very good version. Oh well not to worry haha 
  • Nadou said:
    I Can See Clearly Now  and There Are More Questions Than Answers are truly classic songs and he had a delightful clear and warm voice. His 'Greatest Hits' is one of my most played albums. Interesting that an artist known for reggae should have actually been a Texan. 
    Calling him a reggae artist almost sounds too limiting doesn't it.
    That voice could transcend any genre.
    Bought Hold me Tight and You Got Soul from the Twisted Wheel record shop in Plumstead High Street in a previous lifetime.
    Might need to check out that greatest hits you mention.
    RIP

May he RIP.
    Remember seeing the Hothouse Flowers performing "I can see clearly now" song at Glastonbury, about 1993 I think.
    It was a great long version.

I still love the original though.

• edited October 2020
    Oggy Red said:
    That song will always be Hothouse Flowers for me.

May he RIP.
    Remember seeing the Hothouse Flowers performing "I can see clearly now" song at Glastonbury, about 1993 I think.
    It was a great long version.

I still love the original though.

I was there too 😊

Edit, actually I was there 1990 😳
  • McBobbin said:
    RIP beautiful voice. Remember a story about him and Bob Marley playing a gig at a London school early in their careers. Imagine being at that!
    That's right. He and Bob Marley played a gig to a class at Peckham Manor (now the Damilola Taylor Centre) in 1972 - then Marley played football with all the kids. 

There's some pictures and recollections of it on the recent Bob Marley documentary. Pretty sure it's still on the iPlayer.