Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.
Options

Tooting 0 Charlton 5

edited July 2007 in General Charlton
Weaver - nothing to do couple of catches - Absolute lump I tell ya
Staunton - Good solid display decent little right back.
Bougherra - looked a bit dodgy at times and hesitant on the ball
Fortune - same old fortune
Basey - Big lad good left foot decent player
Sam - lively in the 1st half
Walton - solid snaps into the tackle thought he played well
Holland - the usual
Reid - lost a lot of weight looked good in spurts - scored
Bent - the usual - scored - put himself about moaned a lot
Iwelumo - scored 2 goals was a handful all night had a chat with him after and the bloke is proper xcited to play for Charlton but weird talking to a black bloke with a scottish accent.

Subs -walker - scored
aswad thomas -
rob elliott (i think) GOALKEEPER - Saved a penalty.

don't know the others who came on.

got some pictures if Afka or Lookie want them

Comments

• Options
    Cheers Ledge.

I'm pleased to hear that Reid's been on a diet of something other than pie and chips.
  • Options
    who scored the other 2 ledge, please.
  • Options
    sorry ledge i'm blind. we were beating welling 2-0 with a couple of minutes to go. varney and dickson scored.
  • Options
    Ledge said Reid, Bent, Iwelumo (2) and Walker ;-)
  • Options
    i put all the scorers mate

reid
    bent
    iwelumo x2
    walker
  • Options
    Thanks Ledge. Any pics, either use the Attachment button below to pop them in this thread, or send me an email to admin@charltonlife.com
  • Options
    Good to see all the strikers scoring. But where's Todorov?
  • Options
    Toddy played at Welling, did ok
  • Options
    Wooley was the keeper who saved the pen. Elliot came on mid way thru first half at Welling for Randolph. Neither had much to do

I know somepeople are not going to like this but Morris played well. Have Dean Sinclair on trial from Barnet who looked decent. Christentian and Varney looked sharp and combined for 1st goal. JT was well up for it. Varney went off injured. Todorov looked off the pace and McCarthy? Really not sure on that performance. Yassin looked VG IMHO. Gibbs looked OK and got forward a lot. Dickson not really involved then nipped in and scored and nearly got another. Diawara was OK.

Pedersen (Danish trialist) Rhys Coleman, Arter and Wright all came on late on. All looked decent.
  • Options
    here we go
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    again
  • Options
    edited July 2007
    more
  • Options
    [cite]Posted By: Henry Irving[/cite]Wooley was the keeper who saved the pen. Elliot came on mid way thru first half at Welling for Randolph. Neither had much to do

I know somepeople are not going to like this but Morris played well. Have Dean Sinclair on trial from Barnet who looked decent. Christentian and Varney looked sharp and combined for 1st goal. JT was well up for it. Varney went off injured. Todorov looked off the pace and McCarthy? Really not sure on that performance. Yassin looked VG IMHO. Gibbs looked OK and got forward a lot. Dickson not really involved then nipped in and scored and nearly got another. Diawara was OK.

Pedersen (Danish trialist) Rhys Coleman, Arter and Wright all came on late on. All looked decent.

Wrong thread, Henry!!
  • Options
    ok
  • Options
    more
  • Options
    last one
  • Options
    Why has the Tooting defending to the right of the six yard box only got one arm?

Looks a tidy little ground.
  • Options
    edited July 2007
    yeah henry it is a decent little ground not very old. reminds me of dulwich hamlet virtually identical
  • Options
    could of dumping some of the people out the Welling ground over to there. Couldn't move where we were !
  • Options
    [cite]Posted By: Ledge Knows[/cite]
    Iwelumo - scored 2 goals was a handful all night had a chat with him after and the bloke is proper xcited to play for Charlton but weird talking to a black bloke with a scottish accent.
    You think that's weird - try playing football with a Chinese fella with a Govan accent heavier than Rab Nesbitt - and a Cambodian lad with a cockney accent calling out "Wong, Wong, Wong..." whenever he wants a pass off him...
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    I thought Reid looked very hungry for the ball.I hope we get a full season out of him, I think we'll need to.Nice evening, nice ground, (although the Youngs Bitter was off),and both teams kept it on the floor despite the long grass.I thought Weaver, although having little do, was a little bit un-commanding and slow off his line but thats a minor quibble for now,( rustiness,new team-mates and all that).He did have to deal with a few cat calls from the Tooting contingent though which was quite amusing.
    Although the moment for me was this exchange of words between Marcus Bent and right-back Mark Staunton after their attempted one-two overlap broke down.
    MB- Oi......hey.....oi......(no response from MS 30 yards away)
    MB- hey......(no response still)
    MB (to Lloyd Sam)....Lloyd, whats his name again?
    Lloyd-....his names Mark.
    MB-.hey !..Mark!...

By this time play had carried on and MB didnt get his chance to explain his words of wisdom and experience.Top tip, Marcus, always know your team-mates names, it might come in useful.
  • Options
    For once I'll stick up for Marcus - I've no idea who Mark Staunton is either. Where did he pop up from?
  • Options
    He is a youth team player. Good to see them given a chance in friendlies. Watch Harry Arter I've read that he had a good 25mins again Welling every time I've seen he looks class better than Spotty infact. Hope he plays on Sat.
  • Options
    [cite]Posted By: Weegie Addick[/cite]For once I'll stick up for Marcus - I've no idea who Mark Staunton is either. Where did he pop up from?
    16 year old from Celtic from what i can remember
  • Options
    [cite]Posted By: Weegie Addick[/cite]For once I'll stick up for Marcus - I've no idea who Mark Staunton is either. Where did he pop up from?

From Glasgow, Weegie. You must know him ;-)
  • Options
    Mark Staunton arrived from Celtic and was another of Dowie's signings, arrived around the time that Walton signed for us - 18 years old I think.
  • Options
    And there's me taking Pards at his word when he said there were no players worth looking at in Scotland! Thanks for the info - I'll see what I can find out from my Celtic friends...mind you, if he's 16, they probably won't have heard of him either...
  • Options
    http://www.cafc.co.uk/playerdisplay.ink?skip=28&season=2006/2007
  • Options
    Ah, now I understand - he was a Dowie signing...so Mr Pardew wasn't telling me porky pies after all.
  • Options
    [cite]Posted By: Sir John Humphrey[/cite]I thought Reid looked very hungry for the ball.I hope we get a full season out of him, I think we'll need to.Nice evening, nice ground, (although the Youngs Bitter was off),and both teams kept it on the floor despite the long grass.I thought Weaver, although having little do, was a little bit un-commanding and slow off his line but thats a minor quibble for now,( rustiness,new team-mates and all that).He did have to deal with a few cat calls from the Tooting contingent though which was quite amusing.
    Although the moment for me was this exchange of words between Marcus Bent and right-back Mark Staunton after their attempted one-two overlap broke down.
    MB- Oi......hey.....oi......(no response from MS 30 yards away)
    MB- hey......(no response still)
    MB (to Lloyd Sam)....Lloyd, whats his name again?
    Lloyd-....his names Mark.
    MB-.hey !..Mark!...

By this time play had carried on and MB didnt get his chance to explain his words of wisdom and experience.Top tip, Marcus, always know your team-mates names, it might come in useful.

lol

i was stood by the Charlton dug out with my boy - Kinsella was comical at time. Bent bloody moans big time.

Good little ground though shame about the attendance but then T&M didn't really advertise the game that much