Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.
Options

4 Those who went, Jody Morris verdict?

edited July 2007 in General Charlton
Lots of singing for the man himself.

Comments

• Options
    Have to say he played well, had some vision in his passing and found space as you would expect from someone whose played over 100 games for Chelsea.

It was only Welling, mind.
  • Options
    Average, and outshone by a trialist from Barnet
  • Options
    [cite]Posted By: Henry Irving[/cite]Have to say he played well, had some vision in his passing and found space as you would expect from someone whose played over 100 games for Chelsea.

It was only Welling, mind.

i thought Sinclair was much better than Morris, but Morris wasn't as bad as i thought he might be.
  • Options
    Sinclair is younger and will want to impress, reckon will we take him on. We need more options in midfield.
  • Options
    If Sinclair was wearing number 8 I thought he looked good. Morris did well, looked comfortable on the ball, but then he should shouldn't he? Still don't like the baggage he brings.
  • Options
    edited July 2007
    didn't want to like him but have to say I thought he was good. Sinclair was quality too.
  • Options
    That wasn't Sinclair, well not Scott Sinclair definately, Jody played well in my opinion, some good passing and looked comfortable on the ball. Yassin was the big plus for me tho, looked very accomplished and exciting, deffo think it signals the end for Mr Young.
  • Options
    Will young be off to Villa.
  • Options
    Assume Young didn't play at all then?
    What about Faye - did he play? Could anyone post up the team and subs, or was it the usual friendly chaos?
  • Options
    Morris.

Did little wrong on the ball, played the holding role and was busy getting it short and retaining possession. Looked alright, but a player busting a gut to win a contract with his experience should look good against a team of trialists down the non-league ladder.

Got booed by a certain section from the off. There was choruses of 'Jody, your a c**t', and 'Jody Morris, Sex Offender', then after about 25 minutes the cries of he's wearing a Charlton shirt, get behind him started, with a chorus of 'one jody morris'. Thought there might be a row at one stage.

In summary, he did nothing wrong. But i personally hated seeing him on the pitch.
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    No Romm, Faye or Young. I also thought that i saw flashes of spotty Parker in young Arter.
  • Options
    Randolph - Went off injured early doors
    Matouakil - Very Good in my opinion
    Powell - Same old Chrissy
    McCarthy - Looked good but loved to grab hold of a shirt gave away a few free kicks
    Diawara - Looked good for me
    Christensen - Lively got a trick or two but end product needed some work
    Thomas - Looked up for it and lively a few good crosses
    Dean Sinclair - Looked comfortable on the ball and didnt shy away from a tackle
    Morris - I thought he played pretty well, good vision again looked comfortable
    Todorov - Looked off the pace a bit
    Varney - Didnt stop running followed in well to get his goal looked lively up front

Subs (those i knew)

Dickson - Trick or two but mostly annonymous until he nipped in to round the keeper - good goal
    Other than that i forget hopefully others can help me out....
  • Options
    Oh yeah Arter looked very Parker esque!
  • Options
    What about Thatcher - did he put in an appearance at all?
  • Options
    Weren't at Welling! Gibbs came on, so i'm getting my "I've seen Corey Gibbs play" T-Shirt Tomorrow! Looked ok.
  • Options
    I would certainly keep Morris.

BTW why so much negativity ......is it beacuse he used to play for Millwall or have i missed something ? referencs to his off field antics (clubbing and sexual perversions) maybe? or something else.
  • Options
    Not really golfaddick,these days the players get stick for off field playboy style sexual antics or for being crap at football and earning too much,can go one way or the other,let's wait and see.
  • Options
    thought Morris did okay. Not really the sort of player I like to see at the Club but maybe he'll realise he's in the last chance saloon and knuckle down. Thought Sinclair did alright, didn't realise he was a Barnet triallist. Moo2 looked good but I thought Christiansen was our best performer, prepared to have a go and prepared to shoot with either foot. I reckon he's gonna be a star this season. McCarthy looked solid, Varney did ok and took his goal well. Dickson's goal was an excellant finish. He's raw but he knows where the goal is.

PS For those saying where was Young, Thatcher etc don't forget there was another game tonite.
  • Options
    btw, anyone know who the Pedersen was who game on a sub. Good assist for Dickson's goal. Another young signing from abroad ?
  • Options
    Young, Thatcher, Faye and Romm didn't play at Tooting either, Large, according to reports on here.
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    [cite]Posted By: Weegie Addick[/cite]Young, Thatcher, Faye and Romm didn't play at Tooting either, Large, according to reports on here.

i haven't seen Ambrose or Sankofa mentioned either.
  • Options
    well, if you believe reports, Romm may be off to Getafe, Young is available and Pards understands his wish to play in the PL, Faye is crap and isn't good enough althought he could have played for Tooting I suppose and as for Thatcher, no idea.
  • Options
    [cite]Posted By: mart77[/cite]
    [cite]Posted By: Weegie Addick[/cite]Young, Thatcher, Faye and Romm didn't play at Tooting either, Large, according to reports on here.

i haven't seen Ambrose or Sankofa mentioned either.

Just to add that of the 'newcomers', Jose Semedo seems to be missing.
  • Options
    it wouldn't shock me if someone came in for Thatcher. We have the cover and he may not fancy staying. £4 mill and he's yours!
  • Options
    edited July 2007
    I'll drive him wherever!
  • Options
    Back to Morris- thought he was ok- as i said to a few in the pub after- probably worth a pay as you play type contract, and if he's prepared to sign something like that- well shows he's up for it.
  • Options
    Morris didnt impress me, and i wasnt happy seeing him in a Charlton shirt. I was on the side of the fans abusing him if im honest, im willing to give almost any player a chance in a Charlton shirt as long as theyre gonna give it there all (e.g Thatcher, and hopefully Weaver) but hes a little fuckwit, make no mistake.
  • Options
    Yeah Morris is a c*nt was shouted out a bit until we got told that he was charlton player and that we should get behind im.

Hopefully the Midget heard the shouts.
  • Options
    Jody Morris was a very good player at Chelsea....but as a human being he is a piece of shyte. If Pards signs him he goes down in my estimation...however Curbs signed Bellamy this week. Surprised RM and the board have allowed this to happen...not the family club image thay want is it?
  • Options
    The shirt he was wearing actually looked like a girls nightie on hiim.

As much as it pains me to say it, he played well. Used the ball well didn't give it away and opened them up a few times. It was only Welling though and to be honest little should be taken from that.