Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.
Options

Charlton Athletic v Wigan Athletic | Match Thread | Saturday 17th October

Comments

• Options
    aliwibble said:
    meldrew66 said:
    Please, please please take Forster Caskey off. His every touch puts us under pressure one way or another. 
    If I was going to hook any of our midfield it'd be Watson so far.
    I'd replace both at half time. 
    If we were still doing 5 subs maybe, but given Doughty's head injury, and the fact we don't know that Chuks can do 90, that'd be extremely reckless.
  • Options
    The new guys look pretty good but JFC is a liability.
  • Options
    Not bad not bad. 

Get Foster Casket off. Too lightweight for this league. 
  • Options
    Aneke and Smyth look great up front. If they can form a good connection with each other then they’ll both get a hatful this season.
  • Options
    edited October 2020
    meldrew66 said:
    meldrew66 said:
    Please, please please take Forster Caskey off. His every touch puts us under pressure one way or another. 
    Why lol? I can't believe he is in this team. Simply not good enuf. 
    Everything is going through him because he’s the most mobile of the three (JFC, Pratley, Watson) so when he’s in a rhythm, we play well. But as soon as he misses a couple of passes or is on his heels and gets tackled, we hand the momentum over to the opposition.
  • Options
    So refreshing! After watching us play turgid rubbish for so long... We can actually play some decent football. Some good stuff in there and 60% possession. 

• Options
    Not too bad in the first half

Paul Smyth has been extremely impressive with his work rate, almost got an assist too

Would say we're just edging the midfield battle yet Wigan are definitely dangerous

Reckon a draw so far is probably just about fair

Need a little bit of quality, would hope looking at the benches that ours has it over theirs
  • Options
    For me got to take off one of Watson, Pratley and JFC.

Get Levitt or Williams on. Someone else who can link up the midfield and our attackers who have looked very bright today. 
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    Don't understand how anyone can say JFC had a good half. He started well but then gave the ball away pretty much every time he got it. 

Watson looks scared to pass a ball forward. Aneke and Smyth look a decent pairing up top. Innis is a beast at CB, but his passing has looked a little rusty.

Decent first half, but just lacked a bit of quality in and around their box
  • Options
    Chunes said:
    So refreshing! After watching us play turgid rubbish for so long... We can actually play some decent football. Some good stuff in there and 60% possession. 

That is a worry  :)
  • Options
    meldrew66 said:

meldrew66 said:
    Thought JFC had been decent this half.

Been impressed by a few players in this half.

Aneke, and JFC have looked great.

Smyth has looked decent(gotta see I was underwhelmed when he signed) but been happy with his first half.

Amos has looked class a great save and looked good coming for crosses.

Famewo and Inniss have looked decent at CB as well

Not bad not bad. 

Get Foster Casket off. Too lightweight for this league. 
    The new guys look pretty good but JFC is a liability.
    Got to love football.
  • Options
    edited October 2020
    Assess Doughty at HT. If he can’t continue then Purrington has to come in.

Give it until 60 mins with this midfield and then replace JFC with Williams. Pull Shinnie back into the deeper role.

Throw Bogle or Washington on late if we need a goal. Both if Alfie can last the 90.
  • Options
    For me got to take off one of Watson, Pratley and JFC.

Get Levitt or Williams on. Someone else who can link up the midfield and our attackers who have looked very bright today. 
    Agree totally. Perfect time to bring Williams on and to see whether he can return to some type of form.
  • Options
    Watson is embarrassing. I watched alot of forest last year with a forest mate and he was so bad then. He's continued this form for us. 
  • Options
    aliwibble said:
    aliwibble said:
    meldrew66 said:
    If I was going to hook any of our midfield it'd be Watson so far.
    I'd replace both at half time. 
    If we were still doing 5 subs maybe, but given Doughty's head injury, and the fact we don't know that Chuks can do 90, that'd be extremely reckless.
    Fair enough. 
    But we do need to make changes if we want to win the match 
  • Options
    I don’t understand why QPR bought Bonne from us and loaned out Smyth, he’s got a lot to his game!
    Compare the goal records 
  • Options
    Front two causing Wigan all kinds of problems, been abit underwhelmed by shinne so far and understandbly a little shakey out from the back. 

Not a bad half though 
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    Smyth and chucks have potential 
  • Options
    Assess Doughty at HT. If he can’t continue then Purrington has to come in.

Give it until 60 mins with this midfield and then replace JFC with Williams. Pull Shinnie back into the deeper role.

Throw Bogle or Washington on late if we need a goal. Both if Alfie can last the 90.
    Reckon we'll see Bogle or Washington for Aneke at some stage, cant see him lasting the full game!!
  • Options
    What are we thinking of Shinnie today?

• Options
    Oggy Red said:

Early days for me... Drifting in and out

A bit like Inniss with his performance where he's showing specks of what he can do

Just needs to get used to his new team mates a bit
  • Options
    edited October 2020
    Oggy Red said:

Game has passed him by a bit but I don’t really think the number 10 role is his best position. Would rather have him threading passes from deeper positions.

I see a diamond of Watson in between Gilbey and Shinnie, Maddison in the hole working well.
  • Options
    Oggy Red said:

Linking play nicely 
  • Options
    Some good stuff and some slack passing.

still don’t look like scoring. 
This discussion has been closed.

Roland Out Forever!