Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.
Options

transfer record about to be smashed????

Reports in Spain suggest that AC Milan are prepared to pay £89million for Ronaldinho.

Spanish daily AS claims that Milan chief Silvio Berlusconi is prepared to pay the 125 million Euros required to trigger Ronaldinho's buy-out clause at Barcelona.

The reports claim that Milan will make a series of bids for the striker, but if they do not succeed then such is Berlusconi's desire to bring him to the San Siro, he will meet the enormous buy-out clause, which would comfortably break the world transfer record currently held by Real Madrid, who paid £45.6 million for Zinedine Zidane in 2001.

AS goes on to claim that an agreement has already been reached between Ronaldinho and Milan, that will see him sign a five-year contract worth around £6m a year, plus exclusive image rights.

Ronaldinho has been in extensive contract negotiations with the Catalan giants to improve his current deal, which runs until 2010.

However, talks have stalled, leaving the prospect of the Brazilian joining the European champions open.

Comments

• Options
    that is absolutely ridiculous.

all mafia money as well
  • Options
    Another player we've missed out on. Why don't we show some ambition and go for players like these?
  • Options
    £89 million? that split between ever person on this message board would set us all up very nicely for life!

Makes you sick when you think about how much poverty there is in this world and someone is willing to pay that much money to get someone to play football for them for at best 6 or so years.
  • Options
    one of Alex Ferguson's few faux pas' i think. Could have had him and didnt
  • Options
    Didn't he get Ronaldo instead though? Took a couple of seasons to fit in but now he's probably not far behind the Brazilian.

And I 100% agree with the poverty thing. Unfortunately some people live in a different world to the rest of us
  • Options
    [cite]Posted By: Henry Irving[/cite]Another player we've missed out on. Why don't we show some ambition and go for players like these?

if curbs had signed him he wouldn't be exciting enough, if dowie had signed him everyone would say crap signing but if the 'untouchable' pardew had signed him he'd be our greatest ever signing;-)
  • Options
    [quote][cite]Posted By: Carter[/cite]Didn't he get Ronaldo instead though? Took a couple of seasons to fit in but now he's probably not far behind the Brazilian.

And I 100% agree with the poverty thing. Unfortunately some people live in a different world to the rest of us[/quote]

They sure do, a friend was in Vale do Lobo yesterday (where all the stinking rich have their places) and saw a pair of flip-flops for 450 euros!!!!

Nowt to do with Ronaldinho, but shocking nonetheless.
  • Options
    Stunning.

My ex missus would have argued that they must have been worth it. Purely to piss me off I imagine, but isn't that about £300+ for flip flops??

I'm in the wrong vocation.

International flip flop sales seems to be the way forward!!
  • Options
    Selling crap at inflated prices a-la Harry Enfield's "I saw you coming..." character, is the way forward for those with lots of charm and no integrity...
  • Options
    I have no charm and lettle integrity.

When do I start?!