Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.

Vuelta a España

Vuelta starts tomorrow - all Covid tests have come back negative. Apparently has the strictest protocols of any of the three GTs (though I'm sure we heard that about the Tour and Vuelta as well...)

Other than the intrigue of Froome and Carapaz for Skineos, there's lots of British interest from some very unexpected riders making the roster of teams you wouldn't normally expect. Harry Tanfield for instance, is riding for AG2R (continuing on the theme of 'Riders who smashed Leroy out of sight in races when they were still juniors' :D) and Fred Wright, Scott Davies and Stevie Williams all lining up for Bahrain McLaren, along with Hugh Carthy at EF and Mark Donovan at Sunweb

Expect JV to walk it though - their team is arguably as strong as it was at the tour and, provided Roglic doesn't have another horror show like he did at the TT on day 20 there, he should win comfortably. The sprints should be shared between Sam Bennett and Pascal Ackermann

Comments

• Can’t wait for stage 6 and the Col du Tourmalet. 

Then day 12 with the Angliru. Love it. 

Jumbo likely to have it, but it’s gonna be a fascinating race. I have a feeling Carapaz may be there or thereabouts 

• Look like the Tourmalet stage is likely to go ahead based on the forecast (snowed up there a lot recently, but it's clear for the next week). Going to be f***ing cold though 😳

The Angliru is a cruel, cruel bastard of a climb. It really has no place being on a bike race - like the Zoncolan it seems it exists just to torment bicycle riders 😂
  • Look like the Tourmalet stage is likely to go ahead based on the forecast (snowed up there a lot recently, but it's clear for the next week). Going to be f***ing cold though 😳

The Angliru is a cruel, cruel bastard of a climb. It really has no place being on a bike race - like the Zoncolan it seems it exists just to torment bicycle riders 😂
    Great for spectators though 😀
  • No Tourmalet tomorrow  :/
  • So the sulky French have stopped both the Giro and Vuelta from crossing their borders.

Bit pathetic if you ask me - particularly the Giro as today would have added a little bit of spice.
  • Addickted said:
    So the sulky French have stopped both the Giro and Vuelta from crossing their borders.

Bit pathetic if you ask me - particularly the Giro as today would have added a little bit of spice.
    Although, to be fair, today was a good stage 
  • edited October 24
  • Hugh Carthy superb 
  • That was brutal. I wouldn’t walk up that. Well done Hugh Carthy. 
  • Yes lad! Made on the climbs of Lancashire, that. Birdy, Cross o Greet, Whalley Nab, Anglezarke.

Legend! 
  • Sponsored links:

• Wow what a stage, well done Hugh Carthy. I thought he had shot his bolt but he came back stronger.
  • A splendid effort.
    Numerous steep climbs don't appear particularly steep on TV.
    That one did.
  • Gave me a stitch just watching it :joy: