Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.
Options

Mourning a sadly missed pet

13»

Comments

• Options
    I'm so sorry to  hear your sad news @iainment. Losing a beloved pet is very hard. 
  • Options
    Thank you all so much. We appreciate all your good wishes.
  • Options
    iainment said:
    iainment said:
    iainment said:
    Back from the vet today and for the first time they started talking about quality of life decisions for our cat Padraig. Not entirely unexpected but still a horrible thing to have to consider.
    So for the last week we’ve had to feed him through a tube in his neck. He doesn’t like this but needs must. Hopefully this’ll only be for a short while.
    I find it quite distressing.
    And yesterday he had to be put to sleep. Very sad days in my house but our other cats demand we carry on with them. So we will.
    Sorry to hear that.  My thoughts are with you.
  • Options
    So sorry 😢 
  • Options
    We underestimate how much emotional support get from their pets.
  • Options
    Terrible news.  Sorry for your loss, Ianment.  

RIP Padraig.
  • Options
    edited February 2021
    Sorry to hear about Pádraig's passing. Our thoughts are with you and your family @iainment
  • Options
    Sorry to read that. Always sad news.

Had to have Curbishley Cat put down after 20 years the other week. Rotten to have to do it, but you know when it's for the best.
  • Options
    edited February 2021
    Vincenzo said:

Had to have Curbishley Cat put down after 20 years the other week. Rotten to have to do it, but you know when it's for the best.
    So sorry for you @Vincenzo
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    Condolences to Vincenzo too.

RIP Curbs Cat
  • Options
    iainment said:
    Vincenzo said:

So sorry for you @Vincenzo
    Proper gutted for both of you.
  • Options
    Thanks guys. Very kind.
  • Options
    Vincenzo said:

Well done on your happy home for Curbishley. 20 years is as a result of lots of love and attention. Happy cats keep going. They are stubborn creatures and hang around as long as they can. One of our former cats got cancer and we were so gutted. The vet said to take him home to die. We were going on holiday and I felt bloody awful leaving out teenage daughter at home with him , so I dug a hole in the garden just in case the worst happened. The little bugger lived another '9 Months'. To top it off he used the hole in the ground as a latrine. I'm pretty sure he knew exactly what it was for and showed his thoughts on the matter. 😁
    Cats are contrary as fuck when they want to be. 
  • Options
    cazo said:

Just lost my life on Boxing Day that duckling c word
  • Options
    iainment said:
    Vincenzo said:

Well done on your happy home for Curbishley. 20 years is as a result of lots of love and attention. Happy cats keep going. They are stubborn creatures and hang around as long as they can. One of our former cats got cancer and we were so gutted. The vet said to take him home to die. We were going on holiday and I felt bloody awful leaving out teenage daughter at home with him , so I dug a hole in the garden just in case the worst happened. The little bugger lived another '9 Months'. To top it off he used the hole in the ground as a latrine. I'm pretty sure he knew exactly what it was for and showed his thoughts on the matter. 😁
    Cats are contrary as fuck when they want to be
    Fixed.