Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.

Wifi Blocker - parents can control the amount of time their kids are online by a simple app

No doubt many/most knew this but I didn't.
You can control your kids online activity with a simple app.
You can just turn off their Playstation etc by your phone app.
If this helps one person I'll be glad I posted this.
https://wifi-blocker.com/

Comments

• edited October 2020
    What teen-ager doesnt have a hotspot on their phone?
  • dogpat65 said:
    What teen-ager doesnt have a hotspot on their phone?
    Exactly what I thought. It’s wouldn’t stop my teenage sons . 
  • Can't you block their phone as well?
    It reads as though you can to me.
  • They’re smarter than we are, they’ll find a way round it.
  • Or perhaps you could talk to them and agree limits instead of acting like the Chinese government.
  • They’re smarter than we are, they’ll find a way round it.
    My youngest told me how last night he got round some blocker that Nintendo had put on the Wi U. He might as well have been talking Chinese for all knew. Something about disabling the hub and then doing this  & that and then doing something else. 

As long as he wasn't hurting anyone then I'm sure it was all ok. 
  • Reviews on the play store for this are pretty shocking. 1.8 average.

Not read any but maybe its a load of disgruntled kids leaving the reviews??
  • There is another way. Reason with them and trust them.
  • I have a sensible son who we work hard trying to get him to make considered choices. He is very good but when it comes to game time it all goes out the window and he is as devious as anyone.  I have reasoned with him and think he understands but after a couple of days we are back to being devious. I put it down to games being produced by people with a knowledge of child psychology and the intention is to get them hooked. After all it sells games. It helps to think of him as a victim rather than a devious person.
  • Sponsored links:

• To be fair to the teenagers there's not much else for them to do at the moment. Our arrangement is as long as all homework is done first then he can spend as much time as he likes on his computer.
  • most routers you can restrict the time anyway, and what connects to it.

But won't stop them using their phones 4g.
  • I have a sensible son who we work hard trying to get him to make considered choices. He is very good but when it comes to game time it all goes out the window and he is as devious as anyone.  I have reasoned with him and think he understands but after a couple of days we are back to being devious. I put it down to games being produced by people with a knowledge of child psychology and the intention is to get them hooked. After all it sells games. It helps to think of him as a victim rather than a devious person.
    What game is he playing?
  • Rob7Lee said:
    most routers you can restrict the time anyway, and what connects to it.

I have BT wi-fi and I can control all individual devices and set bedtime, etc. for my daughter - which is great.  But, as you say, you can't stop her 4G so have to restrict her device overall.  It's a real juggling act - wish there was a way to time limit the 4G.
    Now that’s funny 😂 
  • Got to get new glasses read that as Wife blocker, couldn't wait to see what's on the market 🤭
    They got you to believe that?
    What game is he playing?
    Fortnite on his xbox and whatever he can on his ipad. Disappears to the toilet for an hour at a time with his ipad.
  • cafc-west said:
    Rob7Lee said:
    most routers you can restrict the time anyway, and what connects to it.

I have BT wi-fi and I can control all individual devices and set bedtime, etc. for my daughter - which is great.  But, as you say, you can't stop her 4G so have to restrict her device overall.  It's a real juggling act - wish there was a way to time limit the 4G.
    What phone, you can on iPhones, don't know about Android.
  • We have a thing at work called the circle. We can block anything also we can restrict any over 15 sites