Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.
Options

Selling a house

Selling a home can be one of the more stressful, frustrating and troublesome tasks that anyone has to undertake.  So, it's a good idea to make sure you present your home in the best possible light.  If you're inviting strangers to view your home, you should really show it off, so that prospective buyers can be seduced into appreciating the desirable opportunities that await should they buy in to your living style.  It's worth spending the time, money and effort to make sure you "dress" your home well - make it look great and others will fall in love with it.  

Here's an example of a property owner who has gone the extra mile and made a good home look like a great one.  Feast your eyes on the 3D Walkthrough - and try and keep your wallet closed.  Because you'll want to move in straight away, once you have seen it. 

the https://www.redfin.com/KY/Louisville/8800-Blue-Lick-Rd-40219/home/84240362 

Comments

• Options
    Chizz said:
    Selling a home can be one of the more stressful, frustrating and troublesome tasks that anyone has to undertake.  So, it's a good idea to make sure you present your home in the best possible light.  If you're inviting strangers to view your home, you should really show it off, so that prospective buyers can be seduced into appreciating the desirable opportunities that await should they buy in to your living style.  It's worth spending the time, money and effort to make sure you "dress" your home well - make it look great and others will fall in love with it.  

Here's an example of a property owner who has gone the extra mile and made a good home look like a great one.  Feast your eyes on the 3D Walkthrough - and try and keep your wallet closed.  Because you'll want to move in straight away, once you have seen it. 

the https://www.redfin.com/KY/Louisville/8800-Blue-Lick-Rd-40219/home/84240362 
    Just out of interest, why are you selling?

He isn't - he's acting as my agent.

Doh!
  • Options
    Easy as selling a club Ive heard....
  • Options
    Easy as selling a club Ive heard....
    I'll give you a quid for it
  • Options
    I do like the idea of having 2 toilets in one bathroom...
  • Options
    You do wonder what goes through some peoples minds when they have the photos taken. I'm not one for "dressing" a house to get it sold, but just a morning tidying up should make it look a whole lot better.

My instincts suggest a distressed sale. Maybe a divorce case & one person wants to stay & the other wants to get rid. The one wanting to stay is saying...." can't be arsed".
  • Options
    I've looked at a lot of properties over the past 3 years and some have just been unbelievable. Looked at one maisonette where you couldn't actually get in any room as it was floor to ceiling with junk. yes it was a probate sale, but even still, no attempt whatsoever to clear anything.

I looked at one last week, a repossession, totally empty except for a long handled dust pan and brush in the corner of the living room, with a dead mouse in the pan! Some of the repo's have been truly awful, one that was a squat, the toilet didn't work so they had used the bath, and not much of an attempt of that being cleaned!
  • Options
    edited October 2020
    I am a regular on other forums & one is very much anti landlords. To the extent that the they tell the majority of tenants to not move out until they are evicted. Tell tenants to ignore any landlord requests for viewings if they are leaving (whether they have come to the end of their lease or not) and to remember that the landlord is just out to make money, it's the tenants home and to f**k the landlord in every way possible. 

So, in essence, I don't think it's good idea to let a tenant do a viewing or record a video of the property !!

Btw. I am currently renting a property & have had to let our my house. I see it from both sides but would like to think I treat both sides of the coin equally  
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    A pal of mine is trying to sell his house, it is well overpriced. However he has "Charges" against his house. Anybody else came across this? and how did it play out.
  • Options
    A pal of mine is trying to sell his house, it is well overpriced. However he has "Charges" against his house. Anybody else came across this? and how did it play out.
    The charges will need to be satisfied before it can change hands. 
  • Options
    edited October 2020
    My mum died on VE Day. Whilst going through paperwork, we found that she had a mortgage, she took out when she was having  work done by the Greenwich Council. It turned out that she received a grant for home improvement ( Double glazing, new central heating and electrics), the grant was for £7K, the work came to £20K. This dates back to 2007. So there was a charge sitting of £13k on the house. We have paid it off, so when we sell, it won’t cause any problems, I hope.

If you try to sell, it will show up, the charge will be required to be paid when the sell goes through.
  • Options
    Well it’s a bit like selling a football club when the former directors have charges over the assets ;-)
  • Options
    Thats what i thought, i have tried to tell him, but he seems to stick his head in the sand!, But thanks for the info.
  • Options
    If the loan/mortgage has been repaid then the company should have lodged a deed of release, in order to get the charge removed from the register.
  • Options
    I got notice of the removal of the charge yesterday, just under 2 months since I paid it off.
  • Options
    I didn't know you lot on here were interested in seeing pictures of houses for sale with awful photos. In my job I come across them regularly. Half of French people try to sell privately and some of the ads provide me with a form of entertainment. I shall post the next one I come across on here.
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    There’s a thread on moneysavingexpert if you have five hours to waste, some are truly horrific!