Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.
Options

Burnley - was a Farnell & El Kashashy story, now a leveraged US takeover.

Comments

• Options
    Eye Eye here we go Mohamed El Kashashy and Chris Farnell could now pursue other business interests. Is this where they turn up at a lower division club heralded as the duo who tried to buy Burnley but have turned their attention to ................. ? I said this previously as did others, get their name in the spotlight re 200 million takeover "pull out" & move onto a struggling club promising to take them to the premiership etc etc. What's happening at Wigan ?
    This is what worries me. 

MattF said:
    Interesting how one reporter claims that Burnley haven't heard from Farnell and El Kashashy for weeks, whilst the other says the complete opposite 
    Hasn't Farnell been in the ear of Boden throughout this. Wouldn't be shocked to see he is feeding him more lies. 
  • Options
    BBC Sport have tweeted about the “breaking news” but have turned off the ability for people to reply to the tweet. Never seen them do that before, bit of an odd one.
    Not been impressed with Simon Stone's work at all regarding the Charlton situation. Wouldn't shock me if he's pals with them lot.
  • Options
    MattF said:
    Pulled out my arse, they got told to f*ck off more like, on the lookout
    for the next poor club to suck dry, ponces the lot of em :s
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    N01R4M said:
    Two too many words at the end of that reply from Boden.

Seems to be an all-too-common failing amongst sports journalists.  If handed an article on a plate, they don't stop to think "Why?" and look for the underlying hidden story.
    To be fair sports journalists don't have the background or experience to deal with complicated takeovers and financial matters. His area of expertise is on the pitch

Hi, I'm Chris, Burnley Express sports editor, Burnley FC reporter, former manager of Accrington Stanley Ladies and one-time spinner of discs at Vanishing Point

We were very lucky that Richard Cawley was able to deal with the Charlton shenanigans so well, but most local papers don't have the resource or journalistic talent nowadays
  • Options
    Are they going to be involved in the new Grimsby deal ?
  • Options
    I bet their pitch includes a 5 year plan and stresses the importance of sustainability.
  • Options
    I bet their pitch includes a 5 year plan and stresses the importance of sustainability.
    Well if they do buy Grimsby then the place is on the up big time! What with them getting all the fishing back from those Frenchies add in Farnells millions in investment what could be better 😂😂😂
  • Options
    My concern too. Can picture their grubby little mitts being involved after Holloways comments.
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    edited December 2020
    Cafc43v3r said:
    One bit of this I don't understand is does all this nonsense cost money, and time. 

I mean Farnell probably made a pretty good living through his legal work before he appointed himself as some so of crisis club guru.  I don't get how he made or even thought he would make money out of Bury for example.

By money, I mean significant money that is worth burning what reputation he had in the first place. 
    Remember he had 2 months or so as ‘club lawyer’, as with Bury, so will have earnt substantial sums from that. I suspect he’ll claim at least 2-3 days a week full time at partner rates which aren’t cheap, plus some junior resource and no doubt overtime for all the WhatsApps he was sending to fans in the name of ‘fan engagement’. 

He won’t have gone without food, put it that way, especially as he no doubt expensed a fair few meals for all those essential trips he made to London from Manchester in the name of the club, like watching matches behind closed doors
  • Options
    Cafc43v3r said:
    One bit of this I don't understand is does all this nonsense cost money, and time. 

I mean Farnell probably made a pretty good living through his legal work before he appointed himself as some so of crisis club guru.  I don't get how he made or even thought he would make money out of Bury for example.

By money, I mean significant money that is worth burning what reputation he had in the first place. 
    Remember he had 2 months or so as ‘club lawyer’, as with Bury, so will have earnt substantial sums from that. I suspect he’ll claim at least 2-3 days a week full time at partner rates which aren’t cheap, plus some junior resource and no doubt overtime for all the WhatsApps he was sending to fans in the name of ‘fan engagement’. 

He won’t have gone without food, put it that way, especially as he no doubt expensed a fair few meals for all those essential trips he made to London from Manchester in the name of the club, like watching matches behind closed doors
    I think your missing my point.   He has probably gone from a relatively easy 100-200 odd k a year to and incredibly stress full and time consuming 150-250 k a year.

As far as I can see there hasn't been any big (compared to his normal business) pay day, nor has there ever been any real prospect of it.  Completely different to Southall, who in away, had nothing to loose. 
  • Options
    Cafc43v3r said:

I agree. He might have been a vulture picking at the Bury corpse, but that was a corpse with no meat left on it, I don't get the financial attraction

If I wanted to make money out of football as a lawyer, then Premier League players would surely be more lucrative to have as a client
  • Options
    Instead of pretending you want to invest in a football club, when what you really want is to run 'em in to the ground and fuck off with the assets, how about trying to work for a living.
  • Options
    Instead of pretending you want to invest in a football club, when what you really want is to run 'em in to the ground and fuck off with the assets, how about trying to work for a living.
    What assets exactly, to the nearest million, did Charlton or Bury have when he turned up? 
  • Options
    AndyG said:
    Maybe the premier league clients had already dried up when word got around that he is a twat 
    But he became known as a massive twat because of Bury and us. That's not to say he wasn't one before but what was the potential upside, that was worth the risk, at either? 
  • Options
    Cafc43v3r said:
    What assets exactly, to the nearest million, did Charlton or Bury have when he turned up? 
    Not sure that matters.

If he doesn't asset strip he asks for a pay off to tear up his SPA and fuck off.
  • Options
    Cafc43v3r said:
    Not sure that matters.

If he doesn't asset strip he asks for a pay off to tear up his SPA and fuck off.
    But when has he actually achieved that?  Certainly not at Bury and almost no chance of it happening with us.