Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.
Options

Drop The Dead Donkey

Watched most of these in the early 90's, forgot how poinient and "current" they were. Now I've been requested/advised not to go out unless necessary started watching DTDD from the start on E4.

Frightening how, 30 years on, any government hasn't changed......

Frightening really. 

Comments

• Options
    Marvelous series with a great cast. 
  • Options
    absolutely loved that programme
  • Options
    A great show. The "gimmick" was to be the topical news jokes, but it was the characters and stories which made the show. A really clever and poignant final series too
  • Options
    Thought this was going to be about Paul Pogba!
    I thought it was going to be another ill informed review of Bogle. 
  • Options
    edited November 2020
    Was it really 30 years ago? 
    Where does the time go. 
    Excellent program, but I think satire was so much better then. 
  • Options
    What I mainly remember, because it was on when I was a teenager, is what an absolute fucking piece Susannah Doyle was.

Watched it again a few years ago - and confirmed my memories. I think she's probably largely responsible for my predilection for sarcastic brunettes who don't really give a shit about you and could quite easily carry on with life if you didn't exist at all. Freud would have a field day with my psyche...

It's laugh out loud funny and hasn't dated much at all. One of those programmes like 'The Thick Of It' and 'Yes Minister' that will *always* be funny. Highlights how incompetent and corrupt politicians are and always have been. 
    The character Joy reminded a lot of our friends and family of my wife. Not only in looking similar but the slightly viscous nature she continues to display to even today. 
  • Options
    Used to love DTDD

Within a couple of years of it coming it, the wife of co-writer, Andy Hamilton, became a client of mine. I went off him when she told me that he was a Chelsea season ticket holder!
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    What I mainly remember, because it was on when I was a teenager, is what an absolute fucking piece Susannah Doyle was.

Watched it again a few years ago - and confirmed my memories. I think she's probably largely responsible for my predilection for sarcastic brunettes who don't really give a shit about you and could quite easily carry on with life if you didn't exist at all. Freud would have a field day with my psyche...

It's laugh out loud funny and hasn't dated much at all. One of those programmes like 'The Thick Of It' and 'Yes Minister' that will *always* be funny. Highlights how incompetent and corrupt politicians are and always have been. 
    The character Joy reminded a lot of our friends and family of my wife. Not only in looking similar but the slightly viscous nature she continues to display to even today. 
    "I'd love to know who's the joker who christened her Joy".
    🙂
  • Options
    Was it really 30 years ago? 
    Where does the time go. 
    Excellent program, but I think satire was so much better then. 
    Very hard to do satire these days, politics is a living parody of itself...