Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.

Comments

• I wonder if he’ll review this decision? 
    very good.
  • I wonder if he’ll review this decision? 
    I only came here to make that joke 😭😭
  • Always felt like he never hit his full potential but his trophy and medal cabinet says different. 
  • The T20 leagues have been a nice nest egg for a few former internationals, able to keep going in the shorter format for years after they would normally have retired
  • Surprised though he didn't try to finish at the Big bash?
  • The Aussies always liked to get stuck into Paul Collingwood after the 2005 Ashes series because he was awarded an MBE after playing in only the final Test of the series.

I feel that these are the right circumstances to honour Shane with his full title:

Shane Robert Watson LBW
  • The Aussies always liked to get stuck into Paul Collingwood after the 2005 Ashes series because he was awarded an MBE after playing in only the final Test of the series.

I feel that these are the right circumstances to honour Shane with his full title:

Shane Robert Watson LBW (reviewed) 

• Cafc43v3r said:
    I wonder if he’ll review this decision? 
    I only came here to make that joke 😭😭
    And me. 
  • Sponsored links:

• Thanks for the memories Shane. Most notably, this one:

https://youtu.be/pbuqgPWpVjg

:D 
  • Thanks for the memories Shane. Most notably, this one:

https://youtu.be/pbuqgPWpVjg

:D 
    "Watson's sure he didn't touch it"

He had said previously that he had retired for the BBL and was then very critical about how the comp was being run, saying that there were too many gimmicks. I think, even if he had hoped for one last hurrah, his bridges were burned at that point.
    He had said previously that he had retired for the BBL and was then very critical about how the comp was being run, saying that there were too many gimmicks. I think, even if he had hoped for one last hurrah, his bridges were burned at that point.
    He reviewed his decision to retire from the BBL, but the organisers still raised the finger  :D
  • I didn't expect Watson to get his own retirement thread! He should have been a bit more in my eyes. A route that Maxwell seems intent on following too.
  • mendonca said:
    I didn't expect Watson to get his own retirement thread! He should have been a bit more in my eyes. A route that Maxwell seems intent on following too.
    Maxwell has had a poor IPL with the bat and was dropped for the last game.
  • A very good one day batsman but a below average test bastman/allrounder who got given far too many chances in test cricket.
  • I know he's 35, but we only signed him in the summer? Seems very odd to retire after 7 games of the season...  i'll get my hat
  • I know he's 35, but we only signed him in the summer? Seems very odd to retire after 7 games of the season...  i'll get my hat
    Ben Watson hasn't been very successful in appealing to officials either!
  • edited November 2020
    mendonca said:
    I didn't expect Watson to get his own retirement thread! He should have been a bit more in my eyes. A route that Maxwell seems intent on following too.
    Do you ever see his innings in the 2018 IPL final? 

Highest paid non-Indian cricketer in the world for 5 consecutive years.

300 appearances for Australia across all formats.

Bang average.

• Sponsored links:

• In truth, he was all too often a thorn in our side.
    He’s deservedly played his part in what makes Ashes cricket the wonderful spectacle that it is.
  • mendonca said:
    Do you ever see his innings in the 2018 IPL final? 

Highest paid non-Indian cricketer in the world for 5 consecutive years.

300 appearances for Australia across all formats.

Bang average.

I sure did and still stick to my opinion. Test format is my preferred so my comments are skewed towards that. 

• defo average in test cricket! 35 with the bat and 33 with the ball, not very impressive.