Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.
Options

Congratulations Wimbledon

They’re going to play their first home game at Plough Lane tonight. Really pleased for them considering the horrible journey they’ve been on.

Reminds me Charlton playing their first game back at the Valley.

Comments

• Options
    DiscoCAFC said:

They’re going to play their first home game at Plough Lane tonight. Really pleased for them considering the horrible journey they’ve been on.

Back in Merton but not on the old site.
  • Options
    DiscoCAFC said:

Isn't it the old greyhound stadium?
  • Options
    Pleased for the club, not do much for the fans, bunch of jumped up twunts over the previous few years
  • Options
    If the Valley had been redeveloped in our absence, it would be akin to us returning to a new ground on the Woolwich Road (say where B&M/Halfords are). Not the exact same location, but near enough to feel like returning home
    Certainly good enough when you've been playing at Kingstonian and QPR
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    TelMc32 said:
    DiscoCAFC said:

It's as close as they could get, given the massive developments/road changes that have taken place over the last near three decades.

I have a lot of family in the area and a few cousins and uncles who are huge fans and who have supported/sponsored AFC over the years.  They're just gutted that they can't be there tonight and I share that sadness for them as I know all too well how much it meant to me to be at The Valley that first game back against Pompey.  Delighted they're back though and hopefully they can enjoy it properly soon.
    I'm sure they will be celebrating someway.
  • Options
    DiscoCAFC said:

Isn't it the old greyhound stadium?
    Yes.
  • Options
    Really pleased for them and hope to be able to visit the ground in the cup in years to come...
  • Options
    Let’s have a sweepstake on the time of golfies rant
    3.20 pm

I would like to see Mk Dons remove the Dons from their name now. 
    Seeing as they are Wimbledon I think it's more fitting to drop the MK part. Almost 100 years being in Wimbledon & less than 20 being in Milton Keynes.
  • Options
    And for the record I am pleased that AFC are now playing in their home town & must be gutting for their fans to not be able to go tonight. 

But let's not go pretending that the team that runs out there tonight won the FA Cup in 1988. 
  • Options
    Let’s have a sweepstake on the time of golfies rant
    3.20 pm

I would like to see Mk Dons remove the Dons from their name now. 
    Seeing as they are Wimbledon I think it's more fitting to drop the MK part. Almost 100 years being in Wimbledon & less than 20 being in Milton Keynes.
    Haha you were wrong by 2 minutes
  • Options
    this has got me thinking about our return. Did Colin Walsh slate Darren pitcher in the interview after the game? From memory, didn’t he something along the lines of what a great ball by such as limited player?

was this meant as an insult or banter between friends. 
  • Options
    this has got me thinking about our return. Did Colin Walsh slate Darren pitcher in the interview after the game? From memory, didn’t he something along the lines of what a great ball by such as limited player?

was this meant as an insult or banter between friends. 
    Bants
  • Options
    How fitting the fans who couldn't save their club will not be there to see their first game "home"..
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    Looks like our old boy Piggot has won it for them with 2 goals.  Happy for them and him even if it has cost me £140 on an accy!
  • Options
    edited November 2020
    Looks like our old boy Piggot has won it for them with 2 goals.  Happy for them and him even if it has cost me £140 on an accy!
    Stoppage time equaliser. Does that help outsource accy?
  • Options
    Worst of both, they miss a win on their return and I still lose the accy!