Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.
Options

Mice Scarers

2»

Comments

• Options
    Just had a load of rats in the garage
    Little f**kers caused a hell of a mess
    Started putting a few traps down with zero effect even though I could hear them in there so put down the wheat poison  which they ignored for a few days untill they got hungry as removed all food source in garage after a few days found five or six big fat dead f**kers so now have boarded off hopefully their entrances 
  • Options

Dont use him

He was rubbish 
  • Options
    Where ?
  • Options
    There is one on the market that plays Des O’ Connor albums on a continuous loop.
    Use it in conjunction with the traps.......after a few hours they will invariably throw themselves onto them.
    Thanks Eric Morecambe....
    😀😉
  • Options
    I kept food in the garage until one day I entered and it was Quaver chaos.
    Bags of open & munched Quavers everywhere, from a 12 multi pack.
    In amongst them a big fat dirty dead rat, that had presumably overdosed on Quavers.
  • Options
    I kept food in the garage until one day I entered and it was Quaver chaos.
    Bags of open & munched Quavers everywhere, from a 12 multi pack.

In amongst them a big fat dirty dead rat, that had presumably overdosed on Quavers.
    So that's why we have all those E numbers in our food.

• Options
    Opened this up thinking we may be looking at a new player I’d never heard of...🙄
  • Options
    kafka said:
    I’ve used humane traps that I ordered off Amazon. Worked a treat, and then set them free in the woods
    About 12 years ago, when I was still living with the ex, we had an infestation of mice, so I bought one of the humane traps, baited it and put it exactly where we kept seeing the mice running by the skirting board. After weeks of watching them running over and around the trap, we gave up and put down poison. I chucked the humane trap in the shed and forgot about it. The poison worked but it stank the house out, with mice dying under the floorboards.
    A year later, we noticed the smell of rotting flesh again and assumed mice had got in again and eaten the poison. After two weeks, it became almost unbearable, but we couldn't find any dead mice. The mystery was solved when we found out our reclusive neighbour had died three weeks earlier!

As for the humane trap, during lockdown in April I was helping my ex clear the garden, which included emptying and breaking up the shed. I found the trap in a plastic bag where I had left it, this time with three fossilised mice in it. Poor little buggers.
  • Options
    Deffo borrow a cat. Leave your cupboards open and the cat in the room. It'll go through mice faster and more efficiently than any trap, poison or scarer. 
    Does the cat fuck them to death?
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    edited November 2020
    We've got mice as we keep chickens, comes with the territory. Snaptraps usually do the job on the mice and then they are recycled in the garden for the Buzzards and others looking for a free meal.  Peanut butter seems to be their favourite. [The mice not the Buzzards].

Mice and rats never comes as singles, there is usually a family involved, so it's a constant battle.
  • Options
    My cat catches and eats about five a day outside in the woods. Very disturbing watching her eat them 
  • Options
    My cat and I'm pretty sure most cats just torture them. She has strolled through the cat flap many times and dropped a mouse on the floor alive only for her to then slap it about while I'm shitting it behind the sofa.
  • Options
    iaitch said:
    Deffo borrow a cat. Leave your cupboards open and the cat in the room. It'll go through mice faster and more efficiently than any trap, poison or scarer. 
    Does the cat fuck them to death?
    When the cat bites their heads off, they're well and truly fucked.