Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.
Options

How Fortunate We Are.

Article on BBC website about clubs struggling to make payroll this month.
https://www.bbc.com/sport/football/54878811

I will be sending TS a real Christmas Card at The Valley in the next couple of weeks, with a "Thankyou" for being as persistent as he was message, in the struggle to become our owner, and would urge all fans to do the same. Not one of those bloody "ecard" thingys, but a real old fashioned Christmas card. Swamp The Valley with them from all over the world. I believe that it would mean a lot to the man who came along and made us proud to be Charlton once more.

Comments

• Options
    limeygent said:
    Article on BBC website about clubs struggling to make payroll this month.
    https://www.bbc.com/sport/football/54878811

I will be sending TS a real Christmas Card at The Valley in the next couple of weeks, with a "Thankyou" for being as persistent as he was message, in the struggle to become our owner, and would urge all fans to do the same. Not one of those bloody "ecard" thingys, but a real old fashioned Christmas card. Swamp The Valley with them from all over the world. I believe that it would mean a lot to the man who came along and made us proud to be Charlton once more.
    Yup, the timing is so fortunate for us 
  • Options
    Maybe "Lifers" could pass along the suggestion to other supporters groups or individuals that they know?
  • Options
    Brilliant idea 
  • Options
    I think it would be so easy to forget what he has done for us and more so in the present climate when it isn't possible to do so on a match day. So great idea.

In the same way, we should remember to say "thanks" to all those responsible for the near extinction of our great Club. Not sure that it sits comfortably with me though what I would really like to send them in the post!

• Options
    Yes a great idea.
  • Options
    Great idea - will do this.
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    I suspect that making the regular payroll was a headache for quite a few clubs well before the pandemic
  • Options
    That's a great idea Limeygent, I'm in.
  • Options
    995632 said:
    Need to be careful we don't upset Ben Watson, he loves receiving cards!! 

Just make sure your card isn't yellow or red and he'll be fine with it...

• Options
    edited November 2020
    If there is a Premier league help out to the EFL, clubs will not get any if.......they have payouts from relegation from Premier or their owners are wealthy and do not need it............does that mean us?