Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.
Options

Annoying replays on TV Streams

Not sure who is responsible for them - presumably the TV producer - but the replays on our streamed games frequently continue when play has restarted so we miss the live action. I find it very frustrating.

Comments

• Options
    edited November 2020
    Are we in a situation where essentially the verbal broadcast has to, rightly, assume that nobody can see the visual broadcast? Two different entities as it were.
    However things might improve if there was better coordination between the systems. Previously it has been asked why those doing the verbal commentary don't have the benefit of the visuals everybody is getting, maybe the replay person(s) need to be hearing the audio to realise play continues whilst they think it's OK to do a replay.
    It might be possible to also have some kind of audio only segment when the advertisements are on. 
    Would it be too difficult to do everything from the East Stand TV gantry so all the forces are in closer contact?
    I get the sense that things and set ups are tested out before the event which is an improvement from earlier in the season, and previously, when things seemed a bit rushed and last minute, but for away games the whole situation changes yet again.
    With everybody now relying on streamed matches and audio commentary then coordination between those responsible at each club could possibly take place the day before each event.

• Options
    edited November 2020
    The visuals are provided to both clubs by iFollow so trying to have them co-ordinate with our commentary team would leave them out of sync with the other club's commentary team. That's without mentioning that iFollow will have absolutely no appetite to dedicate extra resources (pour more money) into doing something like that at 72 venues spread across the country.

The only practical solution is to have iFollow cutting out the replays outside of the goals that are scored. I get the feeling they won't want to do that as the highlights packages you see on YouTube are likely just straight rips from the iFollow broadcast, replays and all.
  • Options
    @Callumcafc oh I didn't know that. Do ifollow send in a camera person and equipment to each stadium prior to each match?
    Is there any use of 'local knowledge' as it were?
  • Options
    edited November 2020
    seth plum said:
    @Callumcafc oh I didn't know that. Do ifollow send in a camera person and equipment to each stadium prior to each match?
    Is there any use of 'local knowledge' as it were?
    I'm 95% sure it's exactly the same set up that's been used for years at grounds to produce the highlights packages you see online or on TV. The whole match was always being recorded anyway.

The EFL/iFollow have decided to just slap a couple of graphics (score & clock, lineups pre-kick-off) over the top of those recordings, make them open to the public as a livestream and charge 10 quid for the privilege of watching.

Maybe there's more to it but I haven't heard otherwise.