Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.
Options

CASC POTY 1991/1992 did you go?

2»

Comments

• Options
    JohnnyH2 said:
    90/91 - The Valley Club
    91/92 & 92/93 - Meridian 
    93/94 - Waterfront
    94/95 - Old Woolwich Baths
    95/96 - Trafalgar Tavern
    96/97 - Portacabins- The Valley
    97/98 - Tempoary Millinenium Suite (1st time as a sit down meal, format not changed since)
    Is that from memory? I helped in much of the organisation of these and couldn't have given you all the venues let alone the dates.

I remember that during this period CASC juggled with the balance of keeping the event accessible and the players and staff comfortable. I think there was a potential danger of loosing the support of the club if it was too much of a piss up. I'm not aware of them saying anything but just occasionally picked up on the discomfort on the night.

Although, I really don't want to sit down with a player at a table (pretty sure that he wouldn't want to sit with me either) I do believe that the sit down meal format was and is the way forward. I've not made one for a few years, I'm sure the next one/s will be joyous and well organised events with the new regime. 
    Memory
  • Options
    Not attended any of the POTY nights, it does not float my boat.  Plus the players do not have the misfortune to bump into a drunken midget tbf.
    However, would the events be more enjoyable as a buffet event and players mingling easier with fans?
  • Options
    Not attended any of the POTY nights, it does not float my boat.  Plus the players do not have the misfortune to bump into a drunken midget tbf.
    However, would the events be more enjoyable as a buffet event and players mingling easier with fans?
    In my experience there is ample opportunity to collar your favourite players if you want to. 
  • Options
    Does anyone have any photos of the night?
  • Options
    Wasn’t this the night that someone attacked Rick Everett outside?
    Inside. Then ran away. 
  • Options
    Was over my mums earlier and dug out my programme from the night that I got the players to sign.

• Options
    I wasn't born