Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.

DJ CAMPBELL

edited July 2007 in Rumours
Itrust in Pards but i'm disappointed if we were after him. i know some people rate him but i think he's pony.

Comments

• sorry, i forgot link

dj off to leicester
  • we seem to be making a habit of these unsuccessful late bids, if they are to be believed.
  • 'if they are to be believed'

very true, i'd rather have izale mcleod, and he's cheaper. i notice a downward trend: Earnshaw, Eastwood, Campbell....
  • Dickson reminds me a bit of DJ Campbell, so maybe too similar to what we already have.

Definately looks from what we can read into Eastwood and Campbell that we are looking for a goalscoring striker, and not say a target man.
  • agree with mart...a saying i aint used in a while...dj is pony. rather see macleod or easter.
  • Sounds like we are still looking for a striker - but running out of options. None of the aformentioned really do it for me though.
  • we had a goalscoring striker recently, don't know what's happened to him, maybe we'll give the 16.5 mill back : o (
  • if we definately want another striker then surely that means that M Bent must be on his way. Even if Dickson was loaned out that would still leave us with five plus Walker.
  • Problem is that anyone coming in knows that we already have Todorov, Varney, Iwulemo and Marcus Bent so they will have to fight hard to get a starting spot. That means that a lot of them will want to join clubs with smaller squads to guarantee themselves first team football.
  • we don't need a target man Iwelumo is just that
  • Sponsored links:

• I reckon one of the recent aquisitions might be loaned out as might M.Bent (if not sold/let go), assuming we get another striker in.
  • Whats kind of records does he spin?
  • latest reports have us, Watford and Cardiff making attempts to prise him away from the clutches of Leicester. Do we need him ? Well. the more striking options the better in my opinion. Personally I'd go for Maynard at Crewe.
  • [cite]Posted By: Ledge Knows[/cite]we don't need a target man Iwelumo is just that

DJ Campbell is not a target man.
  • [cite]Posted By: Solidgone[/cite]Whats kind of records does he spin?
    ...and does he use vinyl or CDs? :o)
  • [cite]Posted By: LargeAddick[/cite]latest reports have us, Watford and Cardiff making attempts to prise him away from the clutches of Leicester. Do we need him ? Well. the more striking options the better in my opinion. Personally I'd go for Maynard at Crewe.

Sounds like agent leaks a story about other club's interest to put pressure on buying club. Gibbs can always play up front if needed.
  • edited July 2007
    I know that Gibbo is your love child but, in my opinion, he was the least impressive of the new guys at Welling. Even Pedersen outshone him with the assist for the second goal. I hope I'm wrong but I think we won't see much of him in the first team.
  • are we the poor man's middlesboro...anyone who's not good enough for the premiership but available we're after;-)
  • How much money have we actually spent so far?

Reading Pardew's recent comments, we have enough squad players and anyone that comes in now will be ones that can go straight into the first team.

I reckon that Pards will come up with a couple of last minute blinders.
  • [cite]Posted By: LargeAddick[/cite]I know that Gibbo is your love child but, in my opinion, he was the least impressive of the new guys at Welling. Even Pedersen outshone him with the assist for the second goal. I hope I'm wrong but I think we won't see much of him in the first team.

Firstly he's not a new player, secondly he's a defender so playing full back against a non-league side you're not really going to see the best of him. He did OK and certainly was more impressive than Todorov or McCarthy on the night, IMHO. He came on in the 2nd half when the team kept changing and we went 1 up top.

Forwards like Pedersen, who looked decent, will always catch the eye more, playing up front with Dickson against a tiring Welling side that didn't make many subs and even had to bring the manager on.
  • Sponsored links:

• edited July 2007
    Unless you saw the one reserve game he played last season then I think we can say he was 'new'. As I said it's all about opinions but you make some valid points about his time on the pitch, changing team etc but I believe that he only played one half as his legs are too thin to stand on for ninety minutes. Agree that he was more impressive than Toddy but not Paddy.
  • We shall see but you will be desperate to win that signed Gibbs shirt at the next Bromley Addicks meeting. :- )
  • no to dj campbell!!!!!
  • Leicester striker DJ Campbell is a £1.5m target for Championship rivals Watford and Cardiff with Charlton also waiting in the wings. (Daily Star)
  • No not another one
  • Maybe the club should type 'creative midfielders' in google.

Probarbly come up with Andy Reid !!
  • TBH I think this is a load of tosh!
  • I saw this on the BBC rumours page - given that we were supposedly interested in buying him a while back I think it's lazy journalism reheating old news rather than a scoop, but who knows.
  • He's god awful!

Note to Mr PArdew.
    We do not need any more strikers. We could use a couple of midfielders. And some defenders maybe. Anything but bloody strikers.

Thanks and regards
    Swisdom
  • oo It's another striker,that 0-0-10 formation is looking good!!!