Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.
Options

Somebody out to discredit Sangaard

Comments

• Options
    If we all want to go into ignore mode as you say, then why not
    close the thread, thing is some people (not me) may read more
    into it and put up discussions, so where to put it Members or Closure?
  • Options
    Murray?
     :D classic - just waiting for airman to back that theory up with something or other  :D
  • Options
    If we are going to get into this post, and discuss with constructive ideas, would it not be better as Members Only, can just see Fartsmell and Co lapping this all up :s
    No doubt Freshfields and Thomas are "dealing with it all
  • Options
    Fartsmell, brilliant.
  • Options
    The SRA can be very thorough and persistent, I have heard on good authority. The fact it is taking so long hopefully reflects the seriousness. 
    I hope you're right, but I've given up after being very persistent
  • Options
    CAFCsayer said:
    The SRA can be very thorough and persistent, I have heard on good authority. The fact it is taking so long hopefully reflects the seriousness. 
    I hope you're right, but I've given up after being very persistent
    Did you receive any feedback at all from the SRA?
  • Options
    MattF said:
    Very good 
  • Options
    Very good. Time to either hammer this message publicly of ignore. 
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    "what was it that drew your attention to a single, disproved HR issue in a different country several years ago that is linked to a division 1 football club director, what element of it did you deem to be of such importance that you wrote an article on said story, and do you feel it merited column inches in The Times. Do you believe your source was providing newsworth content (on the basis that you had a source, given that you are a sports journalist as opposed to a news or investigative journalist) and is there any merit in the suggestion that you ran with the story on the basis of your association with the source and / or their network rather than on the basis of any journalistic merit."

Would that fit on Twitter? 
    very very good
  • Options
    I'm sure that Thomas could make a complaint about the article. Not so sure he should, Charlton fans should but not so sure they would consider it from us? I'm sure that a good case can be made. 

https://www.ipso.co.uk/complain/
  • Options
    I'm sure that Thomas could make a complaint about the article. Not so sure he should, Charlton fans should but not so sure they would consider it from us? I'm sure that a good case can be made. 

https://www.ipso.co.uk/complain/
    Very good question, @TellyTubby. Unfortunately, I believe I may know the answer from bitter experience. 

It goes back to the 4 week long fight to stop Parker from going to Chelsea. The new Abramovic machine there was trying all kinds of dirty tricks that were new then. It included a late night story on the Sun’s online edition that the deal had been done. It hadnt. I checked. The Sun never ran it in the print edition but it remained visible on line, these versions were all new and niche then. I rang the Press Complaints Committee. The guy I spoke to was very helpful and having looked at the matter, opined that I had good grounds for complaint. So I did. But after several weeks they turned my complaint down, and the reason was that they considered me a thrid party, not directly affected by the issue, and so not, in fact entitled to complain, even though I had been encouraged to do so initially.

I fear the same thing might happen here. But actually, I would be game to call them and discuss that in advance based on my previous experience, if that would help.
  • Options
    rananegra said:
    You'll get nothing out of The Times, but you might want to alert Private Eye to it as this is the sort of low level dodginess they'll happily cover. Not sure they're on Twitter, but email works strobes@private-eye.co.uk
    Good idea
  • Options
    Give enough rope to Farnell and he'll hang himself.
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    itsagoldfinch is a knob and a few of us have offered to meet him to discuss his grievances with Charlton but as yet he has not responded.
  • Options
    It's disappointing the Times ran the article now given that the issue has been in the public domain for three years. You have to question the reasons behind it.

The reasons behind it as Fartsmell and his sick demented mind, not a lot else really
    and the Times should be ashamed of being hoodwinked into printing this crap
  • Options
    rananegra said:
    You'll get nothing out of The Times, but you might want to alert Private Eye to it as this is the sort of low level dodginess they'll happily cover. Not sure they're on Twitter, but email works strobes@private-eye.co.uk
    Good idea
    Yup, very good, they cover stuff like this all the time. 
  • Options
    itsagoldfinch is a knob and a few of us have offered to meet him to discuss his grievances with Charlton but as yet he has not responded.
    If he is Fred Rose then he’s another one of these idiots who puts their home address on companies house. You could send him a strongly worded letter regarding his behaviour on twitter
  • Options
    It's disappointing the Times ran the article now given that the issue has been in the public domain for three years. You have to question the reasons behind it.

The reasons behind it as Fartsmell and his sick demented mind, not a lot else really
    and the Times should be ashamed of being hoodwinked into printing this crap
    Given the history the Times has with serious investigative journalism it's pretty sad this is the level they have now reached.
  • Options
    Still not Members Only, would that not be an idea due to ongoing complexities?